Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swollen Tummy- How long?

I was banded on August 26 and I still have swelling, especially on my left side. I also still have pain where my port is. I have trouble sleeping on my left side but each day it is getting better.

i was also banded on sept 15th. I am very swollen and full of gas. I came hom to find myself weighing 7 pounds more heavier than i did day of surgery and havent really ate anything yet. PRobably from all the swelling and gas buildup. Main issue right now is huge soreness on port side and the gas literally making my stomach as hard as a rock. I have been taking gas x too. I have been wearing a heating pad on my belly and also walking about every 2 hours. I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow but i believe I will take the full week off to give myself plenty of time to heal. They also found a hernia during my surgery and fixed it for me as well. I dont have any hunger yet but am working on 3 oz of protien every hour to ensure proper nutrition. i have a 4 week diet of liquid protien then off to solids. no transition and cant have anything in the first month thicker than yogurt.

I looked pregnant the first week (only a little bigger on the port side), second week I was still pretty swollen, third week almost the same as pre-banding and by a month out I looked like I did before banding.

Hi targa,

i am concerned also about my port as it is tender with a lump the size of a small plum in that area. I am calling the doctor on monday.

Well, I had my lapband procedure done 3 years ago and my stomach is STILL swollen, port is STILL extremely tender. Not happy with the TUMMY I have acquired that was not present BEFORE the Lapband. I am going to have a flouroscopy and see if there is a problem with the band ? Anyone else have this problem ? POST-1 year out or over are best. Thank you, jl

I had my done last Tuesday and i know i am impatient sometimes but i have this cut below my bra level and that top cut it still hurts, itches, (which i know is god thing, the itching cuz its healing) but it aches so bad. I have no idea where the port is and once i do get thin i so dont wanna be able to feel it, i was told you couldnt so i hope that is still true. Also when i burp it hurts and its not after i eat anything its whenever. And i got a freakin yeast infection on my tongue from the antibotics they put in me during surgery. I'm depressed from this whole procedure so far. And some ppl say they eat every couple hours my doctors office said i only eat 3 times a day and thats on the liquid and dairy diet how in the world is that normal? I dont want my hair to fall out i already have low vit d levels.

I had my done last Tuesday and i know i am impatient sometimes but i have this cut below my bra level and that top cut it still hurts, itches, (which i know is god thing, the itching cuz its healing) but it aches so bad. I have no idea where the port is and once i do get thin i so dont wanna be able to feel it, i was told you couldnt so i hope that is still true. Also when i burp it hurts and its not after i eat anything its whenever. And i got a freakin yeast infection on my tongue from the antibotics they put in me during surgery. I'm depressed from this whole procedure so far. And some ppl say they eat every couple hours my doctors office said i only eat 3 times a day and thats on the liquid and dairy diet how in the world is that normal? I dont want my hair to fall out i already have low vit d levels.

I always keep Vitamin Water with me because I get concerned about my hair falling out due to Vitamin deficency also. I find that plain Water is sometimes a struggle to drink but the vitamin water gors down pretty easily. I'm a few days out from a month since surgery and my port isn't as tender as it was but it is still definately swollen still and I can feel it - feels weird! Moving for a while was painful but it gets easier. Going to try some sit ups this week, hope all goes well.

Hello,

My ND (Naturopathic Doctor) said to make sure to take the Vitamin D-3 LIQIUD w/dropper under tongue. Also Co-Q 10 is very good for many things(read up on it). My port area is "Tender" not painful (unless you get a rough or inexperienced person who is doing your fills/adjustments)......then it can be painful! Because they do not know what they are doing. I have changed MD's due to this experience.

My main complaint is this: I have a bigger bloated tummy than I did before the Lapband (even when I lost wieght). But I DO HAVE to say: I am beginning into menopause and have hit 50, and I am NOT exercising like I should be....so this is why I simply MUST give it my 100% before deciding it is the Lapband.

jl