Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, so I was just reading the thread "Things I wont miss about being obese". I thought it would be a neat idea to jot down a few things about the things that have changed in my life since I have become a bandster. I hope others will join me as well in doing this.

Things that have changed are:

*After 14 pounds lost I can now put on my comfy blue jeans without having to lay on the bed and suck my gut in to zip and button them.

*I can now walk to the bus stop with my kids and not get out of breath by the time I reach to middle of the road.

*I haven't had the first Asthma attack (knock on wood)

*I have quit smoking (haven't had one in 3 weeks and 4 days now)

*The big thing that has changed is THE 14 POUNDS I HAVE LOST THAT WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK ON!!!!

the list could go on and on and on, but I will stop there.

weight.png

surgery date: August 18, 2008

first fill: September 15, 2008

Great idea!

I also stopped smoking (15 weeks now!)...isn't it great?!!

I have not had any caffeine (also 15 weeks!)

I have not had any white carbs (and my carb cravings are practically gone!)

I am off my IR meds

I am saving money (no cigs, no soda, less food, no fast food, less for prescriptions)

I sleep better (no pain, no breathing problems)

I have more energy (stuff is getting done around the house and the dog is worn out from walking!)

An I am just much happier!!!

What I don't miss is spilling out through the arms of a chair ~ I don't miss buying a size 22 pair of pants ~ I don't miss fearing the way back seat of the mini-van ~ I don't miss Lane Bryant ~ I don't miss feeling like I was going to die while climbing one flight of stairs ~ I don't miss hitting my hand on the steering wheel while stretching the seat-belt far enough out to go around me ~ I don't miss blood pressure medication ~

What I am enjoying is buying clothes in a size 16 and a Large ~ I am loving that I can go into the trendy stores again ~ I love that my big comfy chair at home now can fit two of us ~ I love getting on the scale ~ I love the compliments and people using the "s" word with me (skinny) ~ I love a great work-out at the gym; it makes me feel so accomplished ~ I am enjoying cooking healthier foods ~ I am enjoying dancing ~ I love the other colors out there besides black ~

I could go on and on...and I will go on and on with this weight loss. Lap-band is a fantastic tool and right now is the best I have felt in 15+ years!

The things I have changed since lap band:

*the way I view myself

*letting go of the anger i have toward other people

*GOT OFF THE PITTY POT

*Can now cross my legs

*all of the relationships I have on a daily are better

*Let go of my EGO

*became more humble

It makes me cry thinking about the opportunity I have been given by recieving the lap band. After trying almost every diet known to man, I have finally found something I can be successful at. And DAMN it feels GREAT!

-I am able to wear my wedding band again

-I am no longer in the 400's but working my way to 350

-I have more energy and have been playing with my daughter more and getting more things done around the house

- Walking through the grocery store, or other stores, is a breeze now. I walk faster and my legs don't hurt.

- I am doing much better at exercise than I thought I would, and actually enjoy it sometimes (but not always, yet)

- I feel just a smidge less self-conscious in public now

I am so looking forward to my new life. I love reading everyones thoughts, and what they love, LOL! and don't miss, like wearing black and Lane Bryants. That is so funny I never thought about missing them, but trust me I won't either, matter of fact you can add Fashion Bug & Dress Barn for the larger woman.:lol:

what I love about being banded, my kinda tight clothes are now loose, i have more energy,i no longer think about food all day,im less irritable more calm, feel like i fit in more now,not tryin to hide in the crowd,Ive only lost 25 LBS so far but what a difference it makes! just wished i had done it years ago i spent so many angry years being overweight

Its just getting warm here after winter. I went down to school to pick up Eliza and everyone was out in Tshirts. Fat white wobble arms everywhere, and muffin tops spilling over summer pants.

Oh, golly, I remember who utterly exposed I used to feel when I first had to unwrap my body after winter. Everyone looked uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I had no such qualms. I felt fine. Only my pants from last summer were too big and kept falling down!

It is SO nice not to regret putting on 5kg over winter come springtime!

And we've got a wedding to go to today. I just went out and bought a dress last week. No fuss, it looks great, it didnt cost a bomb. It used to be tears and tantrums and a nanna outfit everytime we had to go to something formal.

I like since I have been banded:

I can cross my legs

my pants are lose

that I am almost in a size 14 :lol:

that everyone tells me I look thin skinny lol

i can breathe

i can sleep better

walk up steps and not breathe heavy

I could go on

lol and more to come as the weight comes off

Lisa

Great thread. Just read a few. I'm two days out so not up to par right now but will come back and read some more.

Great idea original poster and what great comments.

Edited by speck

3 mths post band and i feel great, i have lost 34 pounds and have so much more energy!! i can see my feet, my pants are loose(i never thought i would get to say that!!) and i can't wait to go shopping for fall clothes and get out of my baggy sweatsuits!!! i will be able to buy a size 14 right now and not a 16 that is way to tight that the zipper won't go up.lap band has put the smile back on my face and given me the confidence that i lost!! good luck to all!!!!!!

I love threads like this.

My bouts of happiness because I have been banded is:

* I can see my cheek bones appearing.

* I can see my collar bones will soon start showing.

* I love walking!

* I love that I cannot overeat.

* It felt really great that I had to go buy a new pair pants today and I just slipped into them and they are two sizer smaller than what I was buying three months ago.

* I feel fantastic.

* I LOVE ME.....ALREADY, so this can only get better. :wink_smile:

i enjoy:

...pickin a booth instead of a table at a resturant.

...the feelin after good workout.

...the healthy eatin lifestyle.

...watchin the knotches on my belt run out.

...walkin the dogs in the evening with my girl.

...gettin a to-go box when we go out to eat.

not to mention, just feelin healthier.

Since ive got banded how as it changed my life? I think the biggest thing for me, is how I look at food differently now. Dont get me wrong I have my struggles, such as cravings etc, but knowing what i put in is what i will get out of the band. a couple more things'

1. the 25 pounds I have lost

2. my clothes fitting me better, ( wore a shirt sunday that was tight on me before but was loose)

3. getting more healthy to be around to see my children grow up wait, this is # 1 for sure. my whole encouragement and reasons I did the band

4. My blood pressure is getting pretty low on my medications. was 96/60 last time i checked.

5. the swelling in legs have gone down considerably and you can see the bones in my feet.

6. I feel confident to start up either Water aerobics or lap swimming and buying a swim suit. something I havent done since my teen years. :thumbup:

lol the getting the to go box made me giggle. I went to ihop the other night with my family and the lady let me get a sr meal. grilled chicken and veggies. I ate maybe 1/3 of the chicken and couple bites of veggies. it almost looked like i didnt eat anything. Its interesting. the waitress couldnt seem to figure it out. She asked me if the meal was ok. Yep sure was but can only eat a very small amount. You shoulda seen the puzzled look on her face. So funny