Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Morning Weigh Ins - 12 Sept 2008

I finally saw some movement this week. I'm down 3 pounds. I was hoping for more, but I had my monthyl visitor...so I guess 3 pounds is good enough. I had my first fill last week and get my next one next week. I think I need a bit more restriction to cut out the munchies and desire to eat more than I should.

I'm walking 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes. I have to work on getting up early enough to add my toning video!

Next week is going to be the best week EVER! I can feel it!

Good job to ALL of us!:unsure:

Edited by Surgery4me

Hey,

It's me and I'm an August Allstar (banded 8/4/08). I will have my first fill today, but how is it that everybody else has had their 1 fill before me:angry_smile:LOL. Ok I'm through pouting. If you don't mind I would like to join you all with the weigh-in. This could be fun and motivating. I'm scared of a getting a flipped port that is my main concern for today. I can't wait to start exercising. I'm ready and pumped :unsure:

Hi Everyone!

I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery!

Last week: 206.4

This week: 204.7

Weekly loss: 1.7

Total loss since surgery: 5

I'll take it! I'm on the never-ending TOM right now (started 8/21) and I think that has something to do with it (get another Depo shot next week so I'm hoping it'll finally stop!). I'm also only getting 300-400 calories a day. I just can't seem to get that much in and if I get more, I'm so full for soooo long, it's uncomfortable!

Had my first post-op appt with my surgeon on Wednesday and everything looks good. I'll go in for my first fill on 10/7. In the meantime he said, "DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT!" Okay, not like I intend too! I'm sure it'll be difficult though! He was actually disappointed in my WL! He expected more. Said most are doing 6-7 lbs! UGH!! I was thrilled with it! I also had to lose the 7lbs they pumped into me the day of surgery so I thought I was doing well! I still feel I'm doing well! Phooey on him!!!

Not much exercise this week unless you count running around the hospital going to appointments or shopping costco, Target and Trader Joe's. All these errands just kicked my butt and I just couldn't manage the treadmill. Going to do better this week!

Best wishes to everyone in the coming week!!

Total loss since surgery: 5

Had my first post-op appt with my surgeon on Wednesday and everything looks good. He was actually disappointed in my WL! He expected more. Said most are doing 6-7 lbs! UGH!! I still feel I'm doing well! Phooey on him!!!

PppphhhhhtttttttOOOOOoOEEEEEEE! I spit on him and I Celebrate your success! :lol:

Wow - everyone is doing well.

I have lost 3 lbs since last Friday.

I did a class on Monday, worked out on Wednesday and I go for another class on Saturday.

Gilta

Hi Everyone! What a crazy few weeks! I have two more weeks of craziness at work and then I will be able to post again normally. I am down 2lbs this week:) I was at a plateau and couldn't move, but finally I'm down again. I have had 4 weddings and a reunion since my surgery and I'm happy to say that I've done pretty well. I have not done much formal exercise, but have been moving a bunch of stuff at work for hours at a time and have been VERY active, so I'm not beating myself up about it. I will be gone for two weeks so I am hoping I can get some actual walks in. The place also has a Basketball hoop, so I'll be playing a lot while I'm there.

I have not had my fill yet. I was one of the first to be banded and I'll be one of the last to get my fill. I have a college class on Thursdays and it is the only time my doctor does fills, so I'm waiting for a call to see what we can work out. I am getting hungry, but I have been so busy that it has helped, no time to be bad:) Much of the hunger is in my head and I'm still trying to work on that.

It's so great to hear how well everyone is doing and it gives me the will to keep pressing on:) Thanks everyone! Moe

Congrats to everyone!!!

I missed last week's weigh in, however I lost 1.5 lbs this week. That's a total of 25 lbs since the start of my pre op diet and 12.5 since surgery. I'm happy with the weight loss so far but I am not feeling much restriction. I did for the first ten days after surgery but now very little. I can't wait for the first fill on Oct 2nd.

My favorite mushie meal is refried Beans with cheese, fresh chopped salsa, and a little taco seasoning.

i think i am going to start doing the friday weigh in as well, i got on scales at work this week, and have noticed that i have lost 9.5 kgs, (20lbs) since i started this journey, i know that word is used a lot but any way, was banded 19th august, and am feeling great, glad i did this, cant wait to see what the scales say next week. i hope they are kind to me. good luck to every one else.

I have been very busy and haven't logged on in the last 10 days. I lost 5 lbs this past week for a total of 25. My exercise is still only walking as my doctor wants me to wait until six weeks before working out. I am really looking forward to my first fill and being able to work out. Godd luck and keep up the great work everyone.

PppphhhhhtttttttOOOOOoOEEEEEEE! I spit on him and I Celebrate your success! :wink_smile:

Thanks, Lanakila! To say I was a little surprised is an understatement. I just kind of looked at him and then stated that I was thrilled whether he was or not! I don't usually speak up like that but it made me mad! It still kind of irks me! I've always been a slow loser so I'm assuming that this process with the band will be the same. I don't care (much), all I want is for the weight to come off and not go back on!!! That's the whole point to doing this! And I am just like every one else in that I would love it if the weight would just fall off, but that's not going to happen, so I have to work for it!

He was disappointed with my pre-op loss of 7lbs in 10 days! I think he was wanting 10lbs or more. BUT he did say that I had a beautiful, small liver so the pre-op diet did it's job! He can't be too mad!

I think I'm going to be one of his more disappointing patients!! LOL!

Take care!

I'm down 1 lb this week! This is fantastic as I was away at a conference all week with not so good food options. I'm thrilled to have lost the pound! I go for my first fill on Thursday.