Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post OP.. had surgury 9/10/08.. let me tell ya something!

I just got back from hospital, stayed over night. I am in somewhat pain, uncomfortable rather, gas build up, feels like someone punched me in the stomach under my ribs. Blah, thank goodness for meds. I am a lil hungry but not like hunger? I feel full, but I know i haven't ate in 2 days. Its strange. Getting my liquids in, with no probs. Anyway I will check back in a few day! Good luck to those who are getting it!!

Big LOSERS CLub!! :sad:

I got banded yesterday as well.

Same problems. Fairly painful incision sites as well.

Welcome to bandland--The pain will pass in a few days..

Best of luck to you

congrats! i remember wen i got banded like it was yesterday. Well it was only 9 months ago. Your in for the best experience of your life ! Happy journey !

Wow you lost 90 pounds in 9 months. I just got banded on Sept. the 8th and I hope that I can have results like yours. My goal is to be 150 and I started at 264 then pre diet weight 245 now I am 240. Tell me some of your tips that has gotten you to this point.

i was banded 2 days ago and still very sore and painfull gas not to bad tho and am having soups/yogurt fine just really tired but no pain no gain! good luck to you all

Congrats to all those newly banded - hope all goes well for you in recovery...

Let me second what NinaWoo said - how did you lose 90 lbs in 9 months?!?!?!?!?!?!? Inquiring minds want to know...

I hope to be banded soon (please Lord) and want to hear as many success stories as I can so that I can incorporate your wisdom and experiences into my own journey. *taking notes* :unsure:

:wink_smile:I am getting better, still sore under my left rib, finally gas is letting up. Still on Clear Liquids, which is fine, anything more then that, the thought of it, seems painful. I got on the scale yesterday and it was up 8pounds, boy did they at the hospital pump me up with fluids! lol No wonder I feel bloated! Got on the scale today, back to my normal weight, I don't expect to see miracles, did it out of mere curiosity than anything! Anyway doing well, taking it easy, had a lil after surgury remorse, while I was in the hopsital for a few moments I wondered if I did the right thing, I a lil annoyed with my body, mainly because I couldn't lose weight with just exercise and dieting alone and I had to take such an extreme measure in order to lose weight. But then I looked in the mirror, and got the reminder as why I had no other choice but to this! So I am okay.. I know in 6 months I wont have any regrets! But if anything thinks that this is the easy way out, they are WRONG!!! Its not, its painful, uncomfortable, challenging, sacrafise and alot of emotions wrapped in this! I wish my body could lose weight with normal diet and exercise! :lol::wink2:

My surgery was the 10th. I had terrible shoulder pains for two days. It has moved to my back area now but it is tolerable today.

I walk, walk, walk and use a heating pad on my back.

If it wasn't for Propel water(has lots of vitamins) I would probably feel faint from lack of food. I have a total of 10 days propel Water and chicken broth. I'm looking forward to my Protein shake next week. lol

Also, I am able to bend more today. Incisions feeling better.

Good luck all.

I am okay today! I drinks lots of propel, skim milk with flavor (nesquik and carnation Breakfast drink for protein) Lots of pop cycles and broth. I am sick of liquids, but I dont dare put anything in me other then that. Besides following the rules :thumbup: I get the should pain too, don't have much engery for anything else, other then some limited time in the pc and watching tv. My port site is the only thing that hurts. My stomach is gurgle gurgle! lol I cant wait till i am healed and I can start doing normal stuff to keep me busy, I hate sitting around doing nothing. I have lost 2pds which is nice, but I am still so bloated, I imagine once I shed all of this Water and bloat I have dropped more weight. I am sure I will notice more once I am healed, which will be nice!

Anyway keeping yall up to date.. :confused: :smile:

Well!..Many Congratulations:thumbup: to you!....Mine is tomorrow (Mon., 9/15). I dread the gas, but HOPE I do not have it...some seem to and some don't. According to most it gets better fast......that's what I'm going to believe in!...I can't wait!:smile:

Joy

I know how u feel;hang in there. You are very brave to have this surgery and let the "policeman" inside you help. Take things slowly; one day at a time and... please try not to weigh yourself so often. You will be much healthier soon. Good Luck

My advise, walking and gas-X they come in strips.. It passes in a few days, once you get fluids in. The other thing that I did to get it moving fast, was when it was comfortable (dont do it if it hurts) I laid a few big pillows on top of each other 2-3 pillows on my bed and got on all fours, and laid slightly on them. Putting some weight on my belly and most of my weight on my arms and legs, the pressure of the pillows on my belly passed the gas along, that seemed to be stuck under my ribs, which made the sight more painful then what it should of been. The other thing, while sleeping, i would lay a pillow on my belly too, then helped as well! :lol: