Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5.5 months since surgery and 100lbs GONE!

On March 28, I began my pre-op diet at 319lb, 474-triglycrides, 230-chol. level, high blood pressure, severe gout. I had surgery on April 11...

Its now September 11 and I weigh 219lbs, 77-triglycrides, 130-chol. level, normal blood pressure and my gout meds have been reduced by 75%!

Those of you considering lapband AS A TOOL TO ASSIST YOU in weight loss should give it serious consideration. It has been the greatest experience in my life. I have 50lbs to go but I'm snowballing downhill towards that goal.

Something you guys might find interesting, my "sweet spot" was simply the band...I haven't had a fill!

Good luck to everyone and keep working toward your goals!

Edited by Eat2Live

hi my name is sil, i,m hopeing to have my surgery in sept. just finish 6 months classes lost 27lbs so far wow congrats, on your journey.i weight 324 first in april, now i,m 297. i can,t believe i did that what a difference it,s make to me.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are an insipration!

GREAT JOB! I know it's gotta feel good. It's gotta feel great to know you are healthier!

On March 28, I began my pre-op diet at 319lb, 474-triglycrides, 230-chol. level, high blood pressure, severe gout. I had surgery on April 11...

Its now September 11 and I weigh 219lbs, 77-triglycrides, 130-chol. level, normal blood pressure and my gout meds have been reduced by 75%!

Those of you considering lapband AS A TOOL TO ASSIST YOU in weight loss should give it serious consideration. It has been the greatest experience in my life. I have 50lbs to go but I'm snowballing downhill towards that goal.

Something you guys might find interesting, my "sweet spot" was simply the band...I haven't had a fill!

Omg amazing! Congrats on such a wonderful amount of weightloss, you should be very proud!!:rolleyes2:

what band type, and band size do you have to accomplish such a great weight loss sucess? I am getting banded on 09/30/2008. Congrats on the great sucess.

Awesome job!

what band type, and band size do you have to accomplish such a great weight loss sucess? I am getting banded on 09/30/2008. Congrats on the great sucess.

I should probably know the answers to these two questions but I don't. All I know is I eat healthy, allow myself a small (amount wise) cheat item (usually red wine) twice a week, do cardio 4 times a weeks, and lift weights 3 times a week...doing that and following the rules of the band make weight loss very doable for me!

Great Job :rolleyes2:

I suspect that you are of the male persuasion due to the fast weight loss

in 5 1/2 month - that is truly super even if you are a male :thumbup:

Us females are always jealous that guys lose so much faster than us..

Congratulations! Your success is awesome! I was banded 3/25/08. I had lost 10 pounds on the 6 month diet required by insurance, and 25 more on the pre-op liquids. My start weight and current are below in my signature. I had one fill 6 weeks after surgery, but am apparently very sensitive to fills. I received 3ccs (I have a 14cc AP band) and the next day I met the surgeon for an unfill. He removed 1.5cc and two weeks later in his office another .5cc. The next visit he talked me out of a fill as I had lost 7 pounds between visits. This last visit I talked him into a small fill (I had lost another 5 pounds) because even though I had drastically changed my eating to healthier stuff, my portions were climbing. So he drew out what I had to see what was in there (2ccs--must have had a little from surgery) and he put that back with additional 1.5cc. So I have a total of 3.5ccs in a 14cc band, and believe me, if I eat just a little too much, I will feel it. Kukos to you for doing what you have with no fills. I am right there behind you. The surgeon said the band is helping a little but I am doing most of it, as are you. :rolleyes2:

Congrats!!!!!!

I'm praying and wishing, I can lose even 50 pounds in 6 months. I'm trying to set really realistic goals for myself! Congrats again, that's truly amazing!

Congrats you must feel awesome

Great Job :rolleyes2:

I suspect that you are of the male persuasion due to the fast weight loss

in 5 1/2 month - that is truly super even if you are a male :thumbup:

Us females are always jealous that guys lose so much faster than us..

Yes, I'm a male so I guess that plays into my weight loss rate.

Thanks everyone...I'm extremely proud today!

Also,

I realize that everyones situation is different but I want to stress MY OPINION that if one does what is intended with the band, not only will you lose weight but you'll lose large amounts. Its not rocket science...when you consume less calories than you burn, you lose weight and exercise accelerates the process. Those of you reading this board to determine whether or not the surgery is right for you need to realize the simplicity of the band and the concept. If you do your part, the band will have your back...if you don't do your part, it will be your enemy...you decide! Take the posts where someone says they're doing everything right and not losing weight with a grain of salt.