Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you doing when you hit goal?

I am trying to put together a list of what I want to do once I hit goal. I know I will only be able to do one of them so I thought I would ask so I can get ideas.

Here are some that I have come up with:

1. Trip to Mall of America for shopping spree

2. Vacation (we normally go to the caribbean so maybe like Scotland or Italy)

Any other ideas?

Gilta

I'm going to party like it's 1999! OK, actually like it's 1989...since that's the last time I was at my goal weight. I'll have to look back at the short-term goals thread and see if I actually put a "final" reward there.

The family portrait sounds like a great idea. I'd definitely do that.

I'll also visit my family in Puerto Rico and take a well-deserved vacation. Or go on a cruise. A vacation that I can TRULY enjoy.

I want to have a big family portrait taken (with the grandkids and in laws).................one I will be proud to display

I've been holding off on the family portrait as well. BTW that's a great quote on your signature!

I also want to meet face to face all the people I've been avoiding the last 5 years! There's lots of people I only talk to threw e-mail or the phone and I hate it!

I"m a shopper fat or not....but, it's going to be so much more fun at goal!:biggrin:

you know... i hadn't really thought about it. hmmm...i'd love to fly out and see my friend who moved to charlotte, nc but i've always avoided flying. maybe that will be my goal...:biggrin:

im going

ride go carts with my son

swim with out my shirt on

and go on a cruise and enjoy it.

Mely - I love the photo idea!

Lana - I remember 1999 and hopefully I will be smaller than I was so I can party too!

Laura - Maybe we will meet each other there. I am hoping to make it sometime in the spring next year, but it all depends on how fast I am losing. I could NEVER do what your daughter does. Good for her!

Jessenia - I think we all need a vacation!

Cutie - I avoided one of my HS reunions because I was so embarressed by my size. I like your idea.

General - NC is beautiful. I hope someday to move there.

Jason - I cannot do without the shirt in the US, but maybe on my trip to Europe. I am sure your son will love having you ride the go carts. We have a slider track here that I have not tried as I was worried if I would fit. Hopefully I can soon.

Thanks everyone for your ideas!

Gilta

Hi, I have been thinking about short and long term goals. I set my first short term at the weight (249) because I haven't been able to break 250 since I put the last 100 lbs of this on 12 years ago. I got my nails done and have a plan to keep them done as long as I am meeting my weekly goals. After that my rewards are in 25 lbs increments with increasing rewards, at 225 I am going to get my hair professionally colored by someone who can do what I want not just what I could normally afford. At some point my reward will be new clothes but I will probably stick with thrift stores until I am really close to the final goal.

My serious rewards are

riding roller coasters with my children (I want to find a new park that we have never experienced before and go for it.)

getting on the bone marrow donor list (I tried to get on this list in 1998 when my weight first sky rocketted and was turned down because of it. It will be my first stop when I am under 175.)

In His hands!

I'm meeting some girlfriends from all over the country at Disneyland where we will be staying at their nicest hotel and having dinner at Club 33, a very exclusive members only restaurant inside Disneyland, my friend has a friend that can get us in. The date is set next August so I need to get that scale moving!

I want to get some sort of tattoo with some significance to what I've accomplished, I don't know what it will be yet. I will also be shopping like there's no tomorrow, I can't wait to wear cute clothes!

Next summer is my 40th birthday! My two sisters and I are planning to go on a girl friend cruise...

Of course going to get a big family picture and lots of shopping too.

I started out at 275, when I reach 225 I'm getting my hair colored and cut, and when I reach 200 husband is buying me another Coach purse. Now if I get my bottom goal of 150 I'll have to think of something really amazing for us to do.