Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cookies are the enemy..help me jesus

i need to give up Cookies i saw a thread about ice cream and thought aha

help me to give up cookies and milk.. they call to me daily ...even when im sleeping i'll get up and before i know it i have 3 in my mouth...the devil i tell ya..:thumbup:

anyways feel free to add your devil food the one thing that is keeping you addicted to junk...i will help keep u accountable and you can help me i have to go cold turkey...

Hey there,

I have the same problem! Cookies and cake, and chinese food! so today in the mall I got cookies, but I told myself after I ate them you know their not even "that" good! It's extremely hard I know the struggle. We need to help each other get through this! I personally think if you say "I'm never eating cookies again" it isn't realistic and you'll want it more. What we should do instead is try our best to always eat healthy, healthy meals and Snacks and if let's say once a month we get cookies its ok. I think we should make it a once a month treat. xoxo, Collegegirl22

ive tried eating the 100 calorie pack its yuck i love chips ahoy and softbatch choc chip

if i wasnt at work right now i would be eating them ...i need therapy

i had a small unfill and all i think of is Cookies

i think i will try to go cold turkey and if i cant 1x a week i will have a few..

at least with my band i cant eat the box anymore..

I simply cant have Cookies in the house. I cannot stop until I've eaten WAAAAAY too much, as in the whole darn packet. They will always be a problem food to me, they are always what I choose to binge on if I feel like a pig out, I just have to avoid them as much as possible.

I feel your pain! Anything sweet... Cookies, candy, cake followed by something salty like chips. Hey it's all C's...

Anyway, I read the other day that if you suffered from a lot of ear infections as a child you are prone to be obese later in life. No kidding...the article specifically stated...

"repeated ear infections can damage the chorda tympani nerve, which passes through the middle ear and controls taste sensations. Damage to this nerve appears to intensify the desire for fatty or high-energy foods, which can lead to obesity"...

I have horrible scars in my ears due to several bouts of very bad ear infections. I thought it was just me, that I had no self-control, now I'm finding it could be something that was beyond my control all along. HOWEVER, that being said, with the help of the band, I'm learning to have control over the cravings instead of the cravings having control over me.

I passed up cake for desert tonight...you don't know how good this made me feel. Well, you probably do. :thumbup:

Here is a link to the article if you would like to check it out.

Ear Infections In Childhood May Predispose To Obesity Later In Life

I DID GET A LOT OF EAR INFECTIONS AND EVEN AS ADULT I GET THEM ..weird

ok today is my first day with no Cookies

9/10/08

i will keep u updated on my progress

i feel like im amy winehouse trying to stop smokin crack:thumbup:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yep - they are evil...as are brownies.

I don't bring them into my house but what stops me from running out to get them when I'm alone? NOTHING!!!-ha!

Honestly, I knew I would not completely stop eating them after banding so here's what I do and I'm still at 68lbs gone!! I get reduced fat or sugar free ones...most of times. When I don't, I still PROUDLY eat only one (luv Wal-Marts gourmet brand of choc PB chips!!). I stressed PROUDLY not to gloat, but because when I choose to eat a cookie, I set my mind to...only one, Brenda. Again, so far, hasn't hurt me in the long run with my weight loss. So yes, I do once in a while induldge in my favorite sweets...cookies, cakes, ice cream!

hi still cookie free ...ive moved on to ice cream....i then decided that was no good and tried sugar free for a week and i thought hey this aint so bad till the stuff gave me the worst poops and gas for days....

Same weakness here - any kind of [soft] cookie, cake, donut or brownie. Ugh!!!!

I ate 4 of these big frosted sugar Cookies today. I'm so pissed at myself right now. I bet they were easily 150 calories each!

I had to have my boyfriend hide the rest of the box because I don't trust myself and he wouldn't let me throw them away. lol

It's easier when you completely get sugar out of your system for 3 days. It's hard to get through those 3 days. Eating sugar just makes us crave more sugar. Once you get it out of your system, the cravings go away.

I have often wished that sugar made me sick the way it does people who have had RNY. Sugar has been my downfall my entire life, and unfortunately, the band just doesn't help with that.