Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cant tell Ive been banded. Please read and help me.

I was banded two years ago. My first two fills went fine. I felt some restrictions after each fill for several months afterwards. If I over ate I would feel the overfull feeling at the top of my throat and have to belch some and sometimes some would come back up. When I reached the point that I could eat anthing I wanted without and limits I went in for my third fill. I did not notice anything different this time. I waited several months and went in for my fourth fill, still nothing different afterwards. My fill Dr has told me I can only get one more fill. Now when I eat my normal natural stomach gets full and I feel pressure pushing against my port from the inside. I eat as I did before the band. I do not have to chew extra, or anything. I had my fill Dr. check and she said there was no slippage. If it wasnt for the pressure on my port after I eat I cant even tell I had been banded. Do you or know of someone whom might be able to help me figure out what has happen to my band.

When your doctor does your fill, is she first removing all the fill to verify there is the same amount in there as the last time she gave you a fill? If not, she should just to verify that you do not have a leak.

actually i have a similar problem i have had the band for 11 months now and have had around 5 fiklls but for last 3 fills i do not feel much difference sometimes i can eat as much as i want and sometimes i throw up...and in last 4 months i have lost only 4 kgs..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches