Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ouchhh . . . My butt hurts . . . Is it the band?

I am finding that since being banded and losing almost all of my excess weight, my tail bone really aches. I notice it even more when I am sitting on the floor, or in the bathtub, or doing floor exercises. It is almost as if it had been cushioned for years by my genorous, pillowy tushy which has all but dissappeared.

Has anyone else experienced this??? Could it be that banding has become a big pain in my arse or do you think it is completely unrelated???

LOL Heather!!

It is... indirectly! It's the weight you've lost. Happened to my mom too after losing almost 150lbs with the bypass! She'd complain that her butt hurt all the time! She doesn't complain about it so much now but I don't know if that's because she's just gotten used to it or if it's gone away!

Maybe you could just carry a little pillow around with you! Enjoy! (The weight loss NOT the pain!)

hi

i have also found this pain when im sitting on floor or in bath tub

i am only half way in my journey so lord knows what the pain will be like when i reach my target.

but i think its just because we losing are built in cushions we had

so yes it is the band in a way cus this helped us to lose are cushion.

i know my self id rather put a cushion under me now than still carry my own:teeth_smile:

well done on your sucess:thumbup:

Edited by littleannie

There's another thread about this somewhere.. many of us are not use to not having padding.. well some of us never had much to begin with down there, but even LESS now.. yeah it hurts..but you get use to it (unless sitting on cement or hard wood benches)

This made me laugh SO much! I have had the same thing. When I lay on the ground, my hips hurt too. It's totally band related. It's because all our cusion is gone. lol I can't even tell you how many people I have complained about this too. HAHA! IT sucks but beauty is pain. My tail bone actually hurts right now. I rub it a lot and my boyfriend makes fun of me because he says it looks like i'm picking my butt. lol

Oh I still have quite a butt in the right pants too though. I was happy about that :]

I actually asked my surgeon about it because it was driving me nuts! He thought that I may have hurt my tailbone when I was heavier but didn't feel the pain because of the excess padding. (I had a HUGE butt!) Now, that most of the padding is gone, I'm feeling it!

Seems like a million years ago, but when I was thin (briefly, like for six months out of my whole life after Weight Watchers), not only did my tailbone hurt, but the bones in my back scraped against chairs and I had little tiny scabs on my back where I had rubbed my bones against a chair back. Takes getting used to losing the padding. That was like 35 years ago but I'm looking forward to that day after I get banded and lose all this weight.

I found that sitting in different ways, or shifting my position often enough took care of the tail bone pain for the most part. Good luck making adjustments!

This is funny! I just got telling my DH and kids that my tailbone now hurts in the driver's seat!! No more fat padding. I have also noticed a harder time getting used to my boney knees and hips while sleeping on my side. I need to get one of those tiny travel pillows.

I am sure it is the lack of padding that you have now...

But the title sure gave me a good laugh :tongue2:

My knees bang together when I sleep now too. Sometimes it gets very uncomfortable and I have to reposition my body pillow. I've also noticed that since I don't have "fat feet" anymore, it's a lot harder to stand in heels for any length of time. I don't have the fat pads on the bottom of my feet.

Normal, lol.

Also, when I go to the physio to get my lower back worked on, I'm absolutely black and blue all over my front on the hips next day. Having someone pushing on your back when you have no padding on your front really does some damage, even lying on a massage table!

And I get cold really easy.

And I cant sleep on my side in bed anymore without a cushion between my knees. My knees are too bony and it hurts to lay them one on top of the other with no fat to pad them.

I also cant get a spray tan even on my collar bones, lol. The hollows above and below my collar bones are really deep (I've got NO fat on my chest at all, that's one part of me that IS scrawny) and the spray tan doesnt get it in there. I have to top it up myself.

ugh, i still have my booty. i think i could easily weigh 100lbs & i'll have a backside. running joke w/hubby, my thunder thighs went north to the butt - thankfully he's a butt/breast guy - cause got plenty of both.

knees - can't sleep w/out my body pillow between each leg. probably one of the best investments recently - it's allowed me to sleep w/out the knees touching, can't handle it.

only complaint - seems the butt is bigger now than before...then again i did not view myself in a mirror often :thumbup:

Heather,

that can't feel good! I still have a bubble butt but if I lose enough maybe it will calm down. On a happy note, I felt my hip bones for the first time the other night!!

I also wonder if we are used to "plopping" down when we sit, etc. because most of us have the padding to do so?

This is too funny. I also get a sore butt, especially when I am exercising. Sit ups, anything where I am lying on the floor. Also, if I sleep on my side I wake up with a very sore shoulder. It is an amazing feeling to start feeling bones. LOL Often when DH gets home from work I will say, "Look, I found another bone!!" I just love it!! I thought all I had was fluff.