Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lapband=deceit and bullsh**t

Guest OldManoftheSea

Age may or may not be an indication of maturity. Children do not take responsibility for their own actions and their consequences. Adults do.

My point: Many of us know that we contributed to our extra weight and ill health, therefore we do not expect the "cure" to be painless. We also realize that we can not abdicate responsibility for our bodies to another person, even a doctor or dentist.

Quit being a victim and act like a man. If you take personal responsibility, follow the program, and are still having difficulty, there are lots of people that will try to help you.

hey fluoride dope chill out. you are confusing i use fluoride and have seen patients before fluoride and after fluoride has saved more pain and suffering and costs than any other .medical/ dental therapy proud of my profession in its efforts to control rather than just treat dental disease.mac madame glad you have everything all figured out good luck with the surgery

nyu has been great brought me in Thurs and removed1.5cc of saline seem closer to magic number can eat again Ifeel much relieved I guessed i panicked when I couldn't ingest anything for 3 days The consult with the nurse was very helpful getting closer to being satisfied.

9also banded was terrific.NYU has been fine very comfortable with the treatment

I have a feeling this was a rant but, it's really difficult to tell considering I can't see when one thought stops, and another starts. Please tell me where you are a "dds" so I can be sure to never go there!

hey fluoride dope chill out. you are confusing i use fluoride and have seen patients before fluoride and after fluoride has saved more pain and suffering and costs than any other .medical/ dental therapy proud of my profession in its efforts to control rather than just treat dental disease.mac madame glad you have everything all figured out good luck with the surgery

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I'm a floride dope! Hells Yeah!

Yes.this thread is bs.no professional doctor would talk like this.

I must thank you guys- after a very stressful L O N G day, I needed a good laugh. You guys gave it to me!:redface:

:redface::thumbs_down:been a dds for40 years and have seen more than my share of professional deciet but this lapband stuff is beyond belief have been 35lbs overweight fot 20 years with type2 diabetes and poor health thought it would be a great idea to finally lose the excess weight went to nyu seminar dr fieldings group finally thought i foundv my answer but iwas wrong fielding discussed how after bis surgery he was not hungry truly a miracle i thought i was bande 3/08 after 2 days iwas very hungry after 2 fills i am still hungry the only difference i cant eat without disgusting lap band regurgitation can occur at any time tough way to live at least if you put your finger down your throat you can stop at any time without insurance worries this is no panacea be very careful like giving yourself a case of uncontrolled bulimea i vote nay still need to exercise and eat less nothing new not satisfied at all hungry and cannot enjoy food my vote bDONT DO IT AT THIS POINT I WISH I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN SUCKERED ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE IVE BEEN TOLDI WAS DESPERATE BUT NOT THIS DESPERATE

Sounds like yet another case of medical mismanagement and patient non compliance to me.

All these sad non success stories seem to have the same factors - doctors who promise miracles and patients who simply do not understand that the band is nothing more than a tool, that they have to exercise, eat less, build up to restriction gradually and change the WAY they eat and the foods they choose.

Yes, it takes work. Everything worthwhile does.

.... the band is nothing more than a tool, that they have to exercise, eat less, build up to restriction gradually and change the WAY they eat and the foods they choose.

Yes, it takes work. Everything worthwhile does.

Wow. :scared2: Best damn quote ever. You summed it up perfectly. Applause Applause Jaqui, that ought to be engraved at the top of this site, or at least be every bandster's motto. :omg_smile:

The lapband is a piece of silicone. I don't know of any silicone that's capable of deceiving someone or spreading BS. If it exists, I want some. Your rant is perhaps misplaced? You seem to be upset about a surgeon, the services that were or were not provided to you, your lack of education -- but not a piece of silicone.

:):thumbs_down:been a dds for40 years and have seen more than my share of professional deciet but this Lap Band stuff is beyond belief have been 35lbs overweight fot 20 years with type2 diabetes and poor health thought it would be a great idea to finally lose the excess weight went to nyu seminar dr fieldings group finally thought i foundv my answer but iwas wrong fielding discussed how after bis surgery he was not hungry truly a miracle Not a miracle, just the way the band works for some people. Nothing deceitful there. Some people do not feel hunger, I'm one of them. Maybe... 10 times... in the last... coming up on 3 years. Am I being deceitful because I say "I am not hungry" while you continue to experience hunger?

i thought i was bande 3/08 after 2 days iwas very hungry after 2 fills i am still hungry the only difference i cant eat without disgusting lap band regurgitation can occur at any time If you are bringing up... something "at any time" then there's something wrong. Having to yak is mostly associated with having something stuck, hence it will happen after eating, when too tight, etc. If you are experiencing yakking "at any time" then you need to advocate for yourself with your surgeon and figure out what's going on. You should never be walking down the street, feeling fine, havent' eaten in a few hours, and just randomly yak (which is what "at any time" describes).

tough way to live at least if you put your finger down your throat you can stop at any time without insurance worries this is no panacea And no one who consents to having the surgery should think it is, or they did not research very well.

be very careful like giving yourself a case of uncontrolled bulimea Wow, apples and oranges. If what you are experiencing is similar to bulimia, then all of your woes are the result of your own actions and nothing else. Bulimia starts with compulsive overeating. If you've maintained a 35lb buffer for 20 years, who are you now starting to compulsively overeat? And how can you a) compulsively overeat while at the same time :sad: can't eat without regurgitation? That doesn't make sense, but perhaps if you could explain a little more clearly we can help. The overeating is then followed by self-induced purging. The band is not self-induced purging. Forcing yourself to vomit, or popping laxatives like they're Jelly Bellies isn't quite the same as "something couldn't clear the stoma and has to be ejected."

i vote nay still need to exercise and eat less nothing new not satisfied at all hungry and cannot enjoy food my vote Still need to exericise and eat less? Of course you do. What did you think, and what research did you not do that would make you think otherwise?

DONT DO IT AT THIS POINT I WISH I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN SUCKERED ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE IVE BEEN TOLDI WAS DESPERATE BUT NOT THIS DESPERATE Sounds kind of like you're having a little pouty fit. You didn't do your share of the work, blindly "swallowed" what some surgeon allegedly told you (but call it being suckered which nicely enough puts theblame on someone else) and now you're upset because you still have to put some effort into your weightloss.

You have a great tool at your disposal. Work with your surgeon, or a surgeon, or even just someone who really knows their stuff, and figure out what's going on that you randomly yak. From there, you will know what the remedy looks like. From there, you can implement. But yeah, you're still going to have to own this.

OK, I don't know about you guys, but I think it is time to put this thread to sleep! I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the originator of it has not posted here in a while and last one said they had some fill removed, talked to Dr Fielding and are doing better.(well, actually it was the post before their last in which they were incredibly hostile) I have actually seen other posts by them and they say the same thing. They are doing better! I think that person gets what we are saying. I think they were angry at the time of their rant. How do you unsubscribe to this thread?

I am tired of it and reading different people writing the same thing over and over! There are more interesting and helpful posts to read.

Edited by Barb12590