Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Olive Garden NOT accomadating!!

I actually had a good experience at the OG in Montgomery, AL over the summer, I informed the server of my issue and he happily let me order whatever I wanted off the lunch menu. it was perfect and my hubby ate what I didn't finish. Now, this was before I was at my sweet spot, but the point is that they did try to accommodate my needs, and I've had good experiences since then, although now I have found it's easier to order a full meal along with a box so I can get at least half off my plate right away...and have lunch the next day!

Whine, Whine, Whine.

Personally I think that we need a grip on reality.

We got banded. Olive Garden doesn't care, and doesn't have to.

I own a recording studio. I have made a contious effort to say that all projects who record with me will be clean, and accept my Christian practices. I don't ever want anyone to come and tell me that they are a paying customer, and if they want to make trashy music with lots of foul language, I have to accomidate.

Olive Garden has a policy. And they have every legal right to do so... So stop your whining and get over it.

I dont even know what to say to you... :biggrin: You cant compare the two... well, I guess you can and did.

Working in the rest business for many years I can tell you restaurants do NOT (some may) have a policy regarding those that are status post gastric surgery..therefore it is up to the individual rest manager or whatever to decide...and most servers that want to make money will do whatever they can to accomodate your needs as a paying customer!! do they have a policy regarding kids meals yes they do....maybe one day in the future they will have a policy that says those that have special needs can also order from the kids menu....so to say that they have a policy they must follow in inaccurate...they have a policy to PLEASE their customers! And its rare these days to find places that will do that unfortunately! So as you see that all experiences in each rest is different that just proves my point that they have no policy...so bad comparison!

I am torn to be honest. Part of me would like to be indignant and incessant that a restaurant should accommodate me. But, I also know they do not have to...do I wish they would? Sure! Will it determine if I come back again? Yup!

I guess for myself (not slamming others!!!) I just try to understand whether I like it or not. It is what is and that is all there is to it.

olive garden was my hot spot before banding..and til this day it is. but unfortunately i have been too scared to even try Pasta there especially in public so i just stick to about 2 bowls of my favorite ZUPPA TOSCANA Soup and maybe half of a breadstick....!!!

I haven't even tried to use the card yet, I'm too embarrassed to ask.

I'm in the same boat as 2GoodDogs too embarrassed. I just either do Soup or salad when I go out. Plus alot of times I've glanced over the Kids Menu and it's usually all higher fat items, nothing that we should truely be eatting.

Plus if I went to Olive Garden I'd really want a breadstick, haha!

I ate there yesterday, ordered off the big girls menu. LOL

Seriously, if they allow you to order off the kids menu, it is a courtesy. Kids menus are pretty specific and usually have an AGE limit printed right on them.

I choose this band, the whole world doesnt have to change to meet my eating style now. I guess it is the whole entitlement attitude that kinda leaves me cold...