Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

Biden's needs a fact check. He talks too much sometimes.

What he does is lie and make things up. This wasn't a gaffe. It was an outright lie. The Katie's Restaurant in which he supposedly chats with the patrons has been closed for 15 years. The employees of the Home Depot in which he supposedly spends a lot of time don't remember ever seeing him there.

lol I heard some one on the radio stating that the place has been closed for over 15 years and he actually had the wrong address.

Obama's net worth grew thanks to his two best selling books. Mrs. Obama was actually earning a lot more then he did(before his books granted his millions).

_________

My previous point is everyone talks about this connection to every day folks when there isn't a real connection, anymore. I mean we all know most Americans earn 45k to 50k, their struggles are not the same. They are paying taxes and all these politicians are obviously getting paid thanks to our tax dollars. Who has the best health care? Them or us? Who pays for their health care? us. Federal employees have the best health care in the entire nation, hands down. Here we have poor, middle class, lower middle class, with jobs and filing for bankruptcy because of medical bills. Its not right! 40 million people are uninsured. Its not right! I am not ok with my tax dollars being used to pay government workers for the best health care when I see real average folks struggling to get an annual physical. None of these candidates understand how difficult it is because they are no longer in our shoes. Yes, I know both Palin and Obama struggled, but they are no longer struggling. They no longer have the same problem that sally and bill from Main Street have...eh this gets emotional for me because my aunt had to file for bankruptcy after struggling with so many medical bills, I think the stress killed her. My aunt was not a "lazy" person. She had a great job, but that great job didn't provide her with great coverage and that great job did not offer the health insurance company that congress man X has. Point is, some one smiling (Biden and McCain), winking at me, or a third grader or who ever is not going to make me feel closer to the candidate. Pointing fingers as to who was at fault for economic crisis isn't going to help. Having a plan thats going to lead us into the right direction is... and from what I see, none of these candidates have a plan.

Edited by LoveIslovely

Jack, as I said before, her charm works for some but does not work for others. Its simple. Obama's way of speaking works for some but not for others. President Bush brought his Texan charm and look where that led to, 100% approval rate, right.

I could show you a million articles stating how both Obama's and McCain plan may not work, especially during our economic crisis.

Title of article

McCain Plan to Aid States on Health Could Be Costly

Senator John McCain’s plan to expand federal support for state high-risk pools could run into his pledge to balance the budget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/us/politics/09health.html?fta=y

Edited by LoveIslovely
format

Why not provide us all with a great health care planned like the U.S Office of Personnel Management who's motto is to Ensure that Federal Government has effective civilian workforce. Sadly, it doesn't ensure that its constituents' health is covered.

In NY state, sooo much money is spent on uninsured people going into the ER when they have a major crisis, that could have been avoided if they had preventive care. Meanwhile, our premiums are rising due to billy going into the ER for liver failure because he didn't know he had Chlamydia (one of my patients). An undocumented woman is allowed to have Medicaid for less then two years, but Mary isn't because although she has a job, she cant afford health insurance and although she only makes 40k with a family of two, she doesn't qualify for Medicaid.

Why not provide us all with a great health care planned like the U.S Office of Personnel Management who's motto is to Ensure that Federal Government has effective civilian workforce. Sadly, it doesn't ensure that its constituents' health is covered.

In NY state, sooo much money is spent on uninsured people going into the ER when they have a major crisis, that could have been avoided if they had preventive care. Meanwhile, our premiums are rising due to billy going into the ER for liver failure because he didn't know he had Chlamydia (one of my patients).

Funny thing, though.... I pretty recently read a study that showed that people of a certain socioeconomic group that had access to preventitive care (via free care clinics) didn't utilize them very much. They tended to go when their medical symptoms started interfering with their A.D.L. (which is pretty much what they do now).

Bottom line, you can provide free preventitive care (uh, if you can find a way to effectively fund it), but you can't force people to use it.

Want a further conundrum? A friend of mine just told me someone (I don't know who) has introduced the idea of breaking the cycle of poverty among families by paying the women $1000 to get their tubes tied. She was livid about it. I'll bet there's a gamut of opinions on it on this board!

I'm for it! It certainly will be cheaper on the taxpayers in the long term.

Congrats Luluc on completing your run in such a good time! I also note that you lost 2 lbs. Was that a result of the run?

Shout out to tha 3rd grade..

Joe Six Pack...

Heels on and gloves off...

etc., etc.

How can you tell she's an educated woman? Dan Quayle had an education. George W. had an education. There are no guarantees that just because you got a coupla degrees that you'll use 'em for the greater good.

I find Sarah Palin ridiculous and disgusting. Not because of her use or abuse of the English language. Not because she flirts and grins a disengenuous toothy grin. I find her disgusting because of her politics.

She's just exactly what this country does not need. She's just exactly the kind of person who wants to take away some of my basic American freedoms. She's as scary as the helicopter she hunts from. And she reminds me a lot of some of the women I've worked with who made it to the top because they were willing to do just about anything to get there and whom you couldn't trust to do anything for anyone but themselves. Women can be real stinkers sometimes and she is stinking the loudest right now. She relishes her role as a rabid dog and she does it very well.

And you can be sure that I have these feelings because of my own personal beliefs - not because I've read something someone else has written or something I heard someone else say on TV.

To think that Sarah Palin could actually become the President of the United States makes my blood run cold and the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I feel like a caribou trapped in her sights right now. She's a threat to me, big time.

Joe Biden has done a fantastic job in the Senate. He has worked hard and long for the people. He's just as qualified to run this country as John McCain and is the better man. Senator Obama has had more mud slung at him than even John Kerry. (And you people who praise McCain because of his war record but who bought into the Swift Boat ads, should be ashamed of yourselves.)

Of course all of this is IMHO - you have yours, I have mine. I pray to the Lord each and every night to deliver us from the evil that the Republicans have perpetrated on the American people and continue to perpetrate. I pray that people will stop being blinded by the lies and start throwing the bums out. We're their bosses ya know.

And btw, middle class Americans did not cause the bail out mess. They did not profit from the deregulation that the Republicans insisted upon. Corporate America did. And John McCain and the Republican party represent corporate America. Throw the bums out!

Congrats Luluc on completing your run in such a good time! I also note that you lost 2 lbs. Was that a result of the run?

no - was just on a 3+month plateau, came off before the race, guess w/the change of season - the band started to work again:tongue:....thanks for the kind words..

:wub:BJean:wub:, so glad your back

we're ready for a woman VP, should it be the one that's in the running ? I dont' know think so. I don't think SHE'S ready to be VP...

If she knows what she is doing yes. But if not, no way.

I'm not one to vote for a woman just because I am a woman.

Ok I am going to say something nice about Palin. She was very funny on SNL this weekend. But she is hurting her ticket because people have decided she is not ready to be president. And as Powell said this weekend that is the only qualification a VP needs.