Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

Where in my previous post did I suggest Bristol getting pregnant was her mother's fault? Uh duh! Kids are going to do what they want to do especially teens and there in lies the fact taking sex education out of schools is bad news! Because for a lot of teens that is the only source of knowledge about sex they get! This is a perfect example of why sex ed. should not be removed but elaborated upon in school!

Also BO was in Senate in Feb of 2005! It never ceases to amaze me what crap people believe!

From what I have read, Palin is not against sex education in schools...just the explicit sex education. You would not believe what they are learning in the classroom about sex these days! I have 3 teenagers and in their sex ed class they learned about things that would make Madonna blush!:crying: Tossing the salad, fisting, and feltching are not topics I want my kids discussing.

I agree that we should teach abstinence. Self confidence and education is very important for young women. But also, we should have more choices for birth control for women. Like I have mentioned before, we should not use abortion as birth control..."oh, if I get pregnant I will just get an abortion" (actually heard that from someone). We deserve better than abortion.

It is a good idea to teach everything there is to know about sex and reproduction to kids while they are in school; this includes the various methods of birth control available and their fail rates. Many parents are not comfortable talking about these matters with their kids and many kids will not feel comfortable talking about these matters with their parents. School teaching can neutralize a potentially hot topic and, let's face it, we are sexual creatures. Sooner or later, but ideally later, we will all need to know this stuff. Knowledge can help one to avoid risky behaviour and that means fewer cases of STDs, unwanted pregnancies and possible abortions. Knowledge is always better than ignorance.

I don't have any 9 yr olds but I didn't think that they taught Sex Ed at that age - 7th grade is when it should start.. It's just not pregancies that we have to be concerned with but AIDS... Do you know how many teenagres have AIDS ...

Family value - yes we need more of them and I would say that both dems & repubs would agree on that one - it's isn't exclusive to one party..

ok. I have not posted to this thread in a while but now I have to say something. I was glued to the tv just so that I could learn about Palin first hand-from her own mouth. What does she do? Praise McCain and Indult Obama the whole time. Is that what she stands for? That's it? She was hurling insults as if she was at the improv. Who wrote her speech? The same guys that do the opening monologue for SNL? Home run? No. Screen actors guild award. Possibly.

If she gets dogged out its her fault. She took the gloves off. Game on!

I also do not blame her for her daughter's preg.

I do blame her for being an irresponsible leader

She propped her daughter up on stage with a now obvious belly holding her boyfriend's hand. The message that she sent to the girls on the high school where I work as well as those around the country was that you can get preg and then flaunt it with your boyfriend as if they are an adult couple rather than two children that are having sex.

How can I trust her to use administrative powers responsibly when she has already used such poor judgement? And for what? Smoke and mirrors?

you can put a tuxedo on a pig but it is still a pig.

What speech did YOU listen to?? I thought it was great. What..the democrats can attack her and she has to sit there and take it??? I think you have underestimated her. It was a brilliant speech. She talked about herself and things that she stood for. And she rebutted the insults that Obama and the other dems have thrown at her. Do you think she should have locked her daughter in a closet, or perhaps she should have driven her to the abortion clinic. Or are you one that says she should stay home with her kids?

JRWN:

Rule #1 chill out.

Please don't make this about me or direct insults towards me.

I am simply giving a commentary not attacking anyone who is posting to this thread.

I guess that republican attack the person not the issue mentality is contagious.

Peace

Sorry if you thought I was insulting you. I was simply asking a question. There have been many dems talking about the fact that she should stay home with her kids.

Just wondering if you were one of those?

Peace

McCain and Palin were brilliant:thumbup:When you watch Mccain speak you can tell he is speaking from the heart and he is man who loves his country. Boy is Palin a pistol, she isn't gonna let Washington walk all oner her.

Obama freaks me out bad enough he has a Arab name then adds Biden to it. To me it says Osama bin Laden/Obama la Biden how freaky is that?

That doesn't make ya'll THINK? All it does is make me think-- what in the hell is going on? That's just a little odd for me even if I were a democrat that alone whould scare me enough to make me vote republican.

But I am totally behind McCain/Palin they were great and make some really good points. And talk about a man who is bipartician (sp) he is almost the best of both worlds (rep. and dem.)

YOu dem. may not think so but he not totally conservative just look at his voting history.

Take Care all, happy banding.:tt2:

<---panties are in a wad...pulling them out of the crack of her butt :tt2:

Edited by JWRN

I don't have any 9 yr olds but I didn't think that they taught Sex Ed at that age - 7th grade is when it should start.

I don't know for sure because we homeschool our kids (and teach them sex ed beginning at about age 7), but I do believe they start very young now, in elementary school. And the presentations are extremely graphic.

I agree that we should teach abstinence. Self confidence and education is very important for young women. But also, we should have more choices for birth control for women. Like I have mentioned before, we should not use abortion as birth control..."oh, if I get pregnant I will just get an abortion" (actually heard that from someone). We deserve better than abortion.

I agree with this also. Abortion as birth control makes me want to vomit. It is one thing if you are doing all you can to prevent the pregnancy, but it is another if you just don't care because you can just get an abortion.

I don't have any 9 yr olds but I didn't think that they taught Sex Ed at that age - 7th grade is when it should start.. It's just not pregancies that we have to be concerned with but AIDS... Do you know how many teenagres have AIDS ...

Family value - yes we need more of them and I would say that both dems & repubs would agree on that one - it's isn't exclusive to one party..

They may not teach it that young but you would be surprised at how much kids *know* at that age. A few years ago I worked for a latchkey program in the city I grew up in. The things I heard from the girls about french kissing their boyfriends and dry humping and condoms absolutely shocked me. These were 3rd and 4th grade girls. It scares the hell out of me for my daughter to be that age.

And yes we do need more education on AIDS and all of the other things that come along with the responsibility of having sex.

She propped her daughter up on stage with a now obvious belly holding her boyfriend's hand. The message that she sent to the girls on the high school where I work as well as those around the country was that you can get preg and then flaunt it with your boyfriend as if they are an adult couple rather than two children that are having sex.

Or it could be showing that some people make the choice to take care of their responsiblities. Whether her daughter is on stage or not, the fact remains that she is pregnant. And everyone already knows that now. I can't call myself completely Pro-life because I do believe in abortion in some cases. But I have a hell of a lot of respect for someone who gets themself into trouble and takes responsibility for their own actions. I know it was hard enough for my conservative Catholic parents to deal with telling people about their unwed 19 year old daughter, I can't imagine how it must feel to have to do that for a 17 year old on a national level.

McCain and Palin were brilliant:thumbup:When you watch Mccain speak you can tell he is speaking from the heart and he is man who loves his country. Boy is Palin a pistol, she isn't gonna let Washington walk all oner her.

Obama freaks me out bad enough he has a Arab name then adds Biden to it. To me it says Osama bin Laden/Obama la Biden how freaky is that?

That doesn't make ya'll THINK? All it does is make me think-- what in the hell is going on? That's just a little odd for me even if I were a democrat that alone whould scare me enough to make me vote republican.

But I am totally behind McCain/Palin they were great and make some really good points. And talk about a man who is bipartician (sp) he is almost the best of both worlds (rep. and dem.)

YOu dem. may not think so but he not totally conservative just look at his voting history.

Take Care all, happy banding.:tongue2:

Sounds a little racist to me - so you think all pple with an arab name are bad - you think just because a person is a muslim they are bad (obama is not a muslim by the way and if he was so what- you have to be a christian to run for the presidency - heck so that cuts out Jewish pple)- heck for all you know I am a muslim even with an american name. - it's a religion - not all muslim/islamic pple are bad/terrorist. Just like all white pple aren't rednecks - I really really hate that pple in this world are so judgemental against a persons race - we all bleed the same blood - we were all created by the same supreme being and for me that's God..

I thought McCain did very well last night and love that he held his hand out and says he wants to make a change with all of our help - but per the stuff you read his voting history has been along bushes lines 90% - I will give him a chance to change my mind - I can't wait to hear the debates..

I guess I am more open minded than most...

From what I have read, Palin is not against sex education in schools...just the explicit sex education. You would not believe what they are learning in the classroom about sex these days! I have 3 teenagers and in their sex ed class they learned about things that would make Madonna blush!:tongue2: Tossing the salad, fisting, and feltching are not topics I want my kids discussing.

I completely agree with you but according to CNN she removed sex education from schools which to me is scary!

I think she will make a fine vice president.

After all, if the white house is ever attacked by a rampaging moose during a visit from the Harlem Globetrotters, she can come in, kill the moose and fill in for any players who were injured in the attack. :lol:

Really, woman, man, black, white. it doesn't matter. What they will do when they get in is important.

I think she will make a fine vice president.

After all, if the white house is ever attacked by a rampaging moose during a visit from the Harlem Globetrotters, she can come in, kill the moose and fill in for any players who were injured in the attack. :lol:

Really, woman, man, black, white. it doesn't matter. What they will do when they get in is important.

You are too funny Steve:lol: