Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

The question is not whether we are ready for a woman vp. The question is whether we are ready for THIS woman to be president. After all, a VP is essentially the next in line for the presidency. And the more I see and listen to her, the more the thought of her as next in line to the oval office, after a 72 year old man in questionable health, scares the hell out of me.

Some of the views of the people in this country just kill me. How can anyone vote for a person for President and to be our commander in chief without any military experience.

Excuse me??? Well ---- OK. So if a person was NOT in the military then they can NOT be a good president??? Hmmm----let's see . . . Then I guess that leaves out Lincoln, FDR, and pretty much all women for president. Come to think of it Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson nor John Adams were in the military. Maybe that's why they did NOT included military credentials for the president when they WROTE the United States Constitution. Oh those good-for-nothing LIBERAL Federalists!!! They were ALWAYS stirring up trouble against the government! Maybe if they had learned to be good soldiers they would have had the maturity to be loyal Englishmen instead of a bunch of LIBERALS!:thumbup:

Edited by Desdemona

Excuse me??? Well ---- OK. So if a person was NOT in the military then they can NOT be a good president??? Hmmm----let's see . . . Then I guess that leaves out Lincoln, FDR, and pretty much all women for president. Come to think of it Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson nor John Adams were in the military. Maybe that's why they did NOT included military credentials for the president when they WROTE the United States Constitution. Oh those good-for-nothing LIBERAL Federalists!!! They were ALWAYS stirring up trouble against the government! Maybe if they had learned to be good soldiers they would have had the maturity to be loyal Englishmen instead of a bunch of LIBERALS!:thumbup:

Which president was Ben Franklin? ;)

I had to work last night so I just finished watching Palin's speech. I really like her. A little spitfire!

Universal health care is a beautiful theory. In actuality, it would leave our current health care system in flaming ruins. The words "Pearl Harbor" come to mind.

IndioGirl, your insurance premiums have likely gone up because the cost of providing that benefit has increased for your company (thus the influx of stuff like companies making employees quit smoking, lose weight, quit drinking, etc. It's the only way they can afford to provide insurance). Now think of what will happen if the government mandates that all business owners must provide (even limited) insurance bennies (Obama already wants to raise taxes for businesses).....costs for the goods / services those business supply will go through the roof.

Also, If you don't have any personal experience, go and visit any VA (veteran, not Virginia...lol) hospital. Those places are a trainwreck compaired to a hospital in the private sector.

Having rambled on and on about this, I agree that in an ideal world, everybody should have insurance....but we're not ready to tackle that quite yet. IMO, a good first step would be to close the loophole so that everybody with a steady job would be able to get some sort of government subsidity for insurance.

No Plain - My deductible went up because my employer chose to go with a plan that would give the the possibility of a credit at the end of the year back to them. I work in the insurance industry (pc side)- I know why it was done. More $$ in their pockets - Most employer in this world don't really give a darn about their employee anymore - not like in the old days

(yes I am old enough to say those kinds of things have been working for 34 yrs)

Like I said - I don't know how it can be done - I will admit to being an Idealist and wish for a perfect world. I do think that we have to take the steps needed in order for pple to be able to get coverage - Lady lost her job - cobra ran out - got breast cancer - what's she to do..

Even when you say the government is not at fault for the mortgage crisis, sure it is. Banks were giving unscrupulous loans to people who were originally able to afford them then rates changed and all of a suggen it was out of reach.

Jobs were being outsourced, people were laid off.

The government is here to govern all people not just the select few. That means everyone, not juse religious pro lifers, war mongers or just rich people. Everyone. We all pay taxes. We all should be represented by our government.

The government doesn't run the banks - those mortgage brokers made boo coo bucks on their commission by getting loans approved

Job outsourcing is part of the cost of doing business and the pple who own those companies can outsource so they don't have the spend as much $$$ for payroll - health care etc - governments fault how - should there be a law that you can't outsource - it's their fault they want to make more $$$ - are we to regulate how much money a company or person makes. I don't know about a whole bunch or government regulations I want in this world - We don't live in cuba or a communist country. I don't agree with it but it's their right - maybe if we the pple of this nation - stockholders etc got together and spoke about these things to the pple who outsource then maybe there would be a change.

I agree 100 % that our government is for all pple and not just the wealthy

and agree with the tax cuts for the wealthy and that they don't always pay their proportioned share in taxes. It is proportionately shown that the rich do pay less than the average joe.

I don't have the answers - if I did I would be President I guess or a zillionaire - I know how to run my household - I know that right now I don't have as much $$ in which to do that this year - that the cost of everything is going up. I am fortunate that I make more than $10 an hour - I am fortunate that I do have health care

I do believe that we need a Change - But I am not willing to put all the blame on our government ( Obama said this too in his speech)

Pple do have to take responsibilities for the things they do and no the government shouldn't be giving tax cuts to these corps that outsource etc - the oil companies profits - I gotta say - I disagree with them raping us pple to put more $$$ in their pocket - but again government regulations on how much $$ a company can make.. Where does it stop -

I am not super well versed in all this political stuff - to get in a full on debate on all these subject - I am just an average person who is trying to live my life the best that I can - and I am willing to give a hand up to those who need it - but I can't dictate to others that it's their moral responsibility to do the same and believe the same as me.

Who am I to dictate anything to anyone - We don't live in a dictatorial country - we live in a Democratic country and if pple would get off their butts and write a letter - speak their minds to the pple that matter and who can change things - then maybe things would at least start to change.

Our government is letting a genocide continue at this very minute - in the year 2008 we have a Holocaust going on - we are pples voice about that why is our country looking the other way.

I've been enjoying reading this debate the past few days until this post. Can't the debate remain on the issues and not insulting one another? Can't one can be passionate about their stand without saying the other side has lost their minds and has their heads in the sand? Let's stick to the issues and the debate.

Well said - I hate the personal attacks from either side !!

I'm still not 100% totally sold on Palin...but she did deliver a brilliant speech.

I listen - I thought she did well but not sold on her either and don't know if I every will but I will listen to her and McCain - lets see how the debates go..

I woman VP...yes! That woman as VP? NO!!! just for the fact that she rides an ATV with a child and neither of them is wearing a helmet. want to kill yourself riding an ATV without a helmet...your business, take your child and stick them on a dangerous vehicle (and for those of you who say ATVs are only a dangerous at those driving them make them you need to look at the stats) and you are an idiot and an irresponsible parent. oh yes...lets not forget hunting without NRA approved orange vests! this is on the front page of my morning paper! what kind of example is that supposed to set for our children?

I don't like Palin she is a hypocrit! She took sex education out of Alaska schools because "we should be teaching abstinence only", then her own daughter becomes pregnant? Are you kidding me? It is very apparent that abstinence only teaching does not work! Her family is a shining example of that! And Biden's son is IN Iraq, what makes her kids so special?! What about her cronyism and abuse of power she is ALREADY under investigation for not even 2 years into her term of governor? Those are two things that are totally different from the Bush Administration!:crying:

Someone sent me this information and this seems like a good place to post it even though it has nothing to do with the VP. Very interesting thread I might add! These can be verified by the different web sites listed at the bottom of the page.

This is a good comparison to differentiate between the 2

You make up your own minds..... food for THOUGHT...

2008 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE COMPARISON TALKING POINTS
ISSUE

JOHN McCAIN

BARAK OBAMA

Favors new drilling offshore US

JM

Yes

BO

No

Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it.

JM

Yes

BO

No

Served in the US Armed Forces

JM

Yes

BO

No

Amount of time served in the US Senate

JM

22 YEARS

BO

173 DAYS

Will institute a socialized national health care plan

JM

No

BO

Yes

Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy

JM

No

BO

Yes

Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately

JM

No

BO

Yes

Supports gun ownership rights

JM

Yes

BO

No

Supports homosexual marriage

JM

No

BO

Yes

Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase

JM

No

BO

Yes

Voted against making English the official language

JM

No

BO

Yes

Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals

JM

No

BO

Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales. (
How does this affect you?
If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN

15% (no change)

OBAMA

39.6% -
(How will this affect you?
If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.')

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN

(no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN

- 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA

Restore the inheritance tax

Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet. New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, Water, electricity) New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

You can verify the above at the following web sites
:

I don't like Palin she is a hypocrit! She took sex education out of Alaska schools because "we should be teaching abstinence only", then her own daughter becomes pregnant? Are you kidding me? It is very apparent that abstinence only teaching does not work! Her family is a shining example of that!

I am sorry but you can't always blame the actions of a child on their parents. And in this day and age it is hard for me to believe that even with her Mom preaching "abstinence only", that Bristol Palin had never learned about what a condom was and how to use one. Kids are not always going to listen to their parents, no matter how liberal or conservative they might be.

someone sent me this information and this seems like a good place to post it even though it has nothing to do with the vp. Very interesting thread i might add! These can be verified by the different web sites listed at the bottom of the page.

this is a good comparison to differentiate between the 2

you make up your own minds..... food for thought...

please check your facts - before posting this stuffola...

go to snopes and look under political - it's false

you can't beleive everything you get off the internet....

i am sorry but you can't always blame the actions of a child on their parents. And in this day and age it is hard for me to believe that even with her mom preaching "abstinence only", that bristol palin had never learned about what a condom was and how to use one. Kids are not always going to listen to their parents, no matter how liberal or conservative they might be.

amen to that !!!!

You can't? :crying:

Well I guess you can if it fits your agenda to spread BS - but again - it can make you look pretty silly..