Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

I voted yes aswell...but not her.

FYI McCain was looking at Palin a year ago for his ticket if he became the republican canidate. So he just didn't pick her overnight. In the past I have voted both Dem & Rep. I go by the best canidate in my personal opinion. I have done my research and was having a difficult time this year on who I liked. I am not impressed with Obama or McCain. I don't like Binden at all. What I have so far found on Palin I like. If it would have been between Hillary and McCain I would have went with Hillary. If Obama would have chosen Hillary then I would really have a hard time now. I like Hillary, but like Palin also. This is deffinatly a race.

FYI McCain was looking at Palin a year ago for his ticket if he became the republican canidate. So he just didn't pick her overnight. In the past I have voted both Dem & Rep. I go by the best canidate in my personal opinion. I have done my research and was having a difficult time this year on who I liked. I am not impressed with Obama or McCain. I don't like Binden at all. What I have so far found on Palin I like. If it would have been between Hillary and McCain I would have went with Hillary. If Obama would have chosen Hillary then I would really have a hard time now. I like Hillary, but like Palin also. This is deffinatly a race.

I'm just curious, if you don't mind me asking, how do you know that McCain was looking at Palin a year ago? I always follow all the election news -on all the news chanels and none mentioned that ever. Infact, they were all surprised. There were four possible choices mentioned by all the news shows- all men-the night before he made his announcement, the night of Obama's convention. Everyone was wildly shocked when he announced her the next day. Some even said that McCain had mislead us when he supplied info about who he might chose as his VP. They all said that he made the announcement right when he did to try to take some spotlight off Obama because everyone thought his televised convention was so spectacular. Smart. My feeling is that he did only pick her to try to get the woman vote.

Well, like I said in my other post, I don't care about race or gendre, Who will help our country- that is IMPORTANT! Don't we all agree on that?:thumbdown:

I'm just curious, if you don't mind me asking, how do you know that McCain was looking at Palin a year ago? I always follow all the election news -on all the news chanels and none mentioned that ever. Infact, they were all surprised. There were four possible choices mentioned by all the news shows- all men-the night before he made his announcement, the night of Obama's convention. Everyone was wildly shocked when he announced her the next day. Some even said that McCain had mislead us when he supplied info about who he might chose as his VP. They all said that he made the announcement right when he did to try to take some spotlight off Obama because everyone thought his televised convention was so spectacular. Smart. My feeling is that he did only pick her to try to get the woman vote.

Well, like I said in my other post, I don't care about race or gendre, Who will help our country- that is IMPORTANT! Don't we all agree on that?:thumbdown:

Haha I love this post. You're awesome.

I'm just curious, if you don't mind me asking, how do you know that McCain was looking at Palin a year ago? I always follow all the election news -on all the news chanels and none mentioned that ever. Infact, they were all surprised. There were four possible choices mentioned by all the news shows- all men-the night before he made his announcement, the night of Obama's convention. Everyone was wildly shocked when he announced her the next day. Some even said that McCain had mislead us when he supplied info about who he might chose as his VP. They all said that he made the announcement right when he did to try to take some spotlight off Obama because everyone thought his televised convention was so spectacular. Smart.

I know the question wasn't asked of me, but I distinctly remember her name being mentioned as soon as he clinched the nomination. I think it was a surprise because he intended it that way. I don't think it was a last minute or hasty decision for him.

I am obviously going to give an unpopular response. The gender of the candidates is not a qualifying factor at all! I do not like McCain at all and I would be very concerned for this country if he was elected. His vp choice makes it even worse. I am most definitely supporting Obama and Biden. I agree with Obama's positions...which were clearly stated in detail in his acceptance speech on Thurs...and Biden is a wonderful choice as vp. They will move this country back into the correct and safe direction!

I am obviously going to give an unpopular response. The gender of the candidates is not a qualifying factor at all!

I don't think that's unpopular at all. That's what most people have been saying.

Haha I love this post. You're awesome.

Thanks, Froggi!!:thumbdown:

I am obviously going to give an unpopular response. The gender of the candidates is not a qualifying factor at all! I do not like McCain at all and I would be very concerned for this country if he was elected. His vp choice makes it even worse. I am most definitely supporting Obama and Biden. I agree with Obama's positions...which were clearly stated in detail in his acceptance speech on Thurs...and Biden is a wonderful choice as vp. They will move this country back into the correct and safe direction!

YOU ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT GETTING AN UNPOPULAR RESPONSE FROM OVER HERE!!!:thumbdown:

Just found this interesting blog, started in Feb of 2007: Draft Sarah Palin For Vice President: FAQ

Really interesting. Thanks for pointing that blog out. I stand corrected!:thumbdown:

I just found this article as well. I'm posting it even though I haven't had time to research everything; at first glance it appears to be well documented (or commonly known).

Obama’s Not Exactlys: - Say Anything: Reader Blogs

I read through all of that and only two of them have links to any info. You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

She has more experience than Obama, and if he's elected there's no croaking required to have him be in the #1 position. She's the only one on either ticket with any executive experience. She has the highest approval rating of any governor of any state in the union. So no, I'm certainly not worried about her experience -- especially in light of Obama's blinding lack of experience.

I think to say she has more experience that Obama is quite a stretch. Maybe you meant that she has more experience being a beauty queen or a newscaster, to which I would agree. If you are saying she has more experience being a politician then I don't see it. While yes you are correct she has held some sort of public office longer than Obama, but to say that experience qualified her more than his is silly. She was on the city council of Wasilla (population < 6,000) from 92-96 and mayor of the same city from 96-02. Then govenor of Alaska (population 683k) for 2 years.

Obama was a member of the Illinois state senate (population 12.9 million) from 97-04 and the US senate since. Not to mention he received his undergrad from Columbia and graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law.

If you want to make the McCain vs. Obama experience argument then you have a good case but Obama vs. Palin just isn't there.:thumbdown:

As a Senator, you have a couple of issues that you deal with and vote on (you can look at Obama's voting record). As a Governor, you have more authority, more responsibility, and have to make split second decisions. She is the head of the National Guard.

As far as being a soccer mom, isn't that what America is supposed to be about. You see that there needs to be change, you get involved, and you get elected to public offices. I would much rather have someone that has taken that route than vote for someone that was bred to be in public office. The media and many democrats have made "UH-bama" almost "godlike". I don't want someone like that. I want a human, one that actually understand the public and has been there. As far as the post saying that just because she has a son in the Army and carries a gun...etc. Just because Obama was raised Indonesia by an atheist mother doesn't make him president material. Palin has made changes, and has turned things around in her state. She has fought big companies and won. Months ago I heard that she could be McCain's running mate...glad he picked her!