Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about exciting news!

Sorry I like to post on the dailey. :]

Today, when i got on the scale, it said 156. I know it's because of Water weight. Yesterday I found myself drinking like 2 gallons of water. i was so thirsty. Anyway, my surgeon at UCSD told me that he would give me a job there if I lost 100 pounds by my year mark which is coming up rapidly. Technially I'm at 90 but I know i'm really 92 so its ok. I know how to read my body now. BUT this means i have to lose 8 more pounds by October 3rd. So I am a little nervous because I am at the point where the weight comes off slower. I mean this is my future. I gave up school pretty much to have the lap band. It would be a pain in the ass for me to try to get into college now. I mean i graduated with honors but doing an at home program never looks good on a transcript. Plus i don't really have enough extra caricular ativities to even stand out next to the millions of applications San Diego universities reaceive. If i get a job at UCSD, they will help me go to school there. So literally my entire future is riding on 8 pounds.

I know my surgeon has faith in me because he hooked me up with an interview on KPBS radio and an interview in the union tribune. My last visit in the beginning of August, he confirmed he would give me a job and introduced me to the Chairman of the Board.

Sorry I just needed to vent and get some encouragement for those last 8 pounds by October. Plus I want to dress a little revealing for Halloween since I am 18 and have yet to do that. :]

Feels good to finally tell some people. I have known about getting this job since like December but i didn't want to jinx it.

Edited by Hollie519

Hollie, that's GREAT! You are doing an amazing job and I'm sure you loose what you need to by the October dates!!

You must look SO great now! You should post some before/after pics for us to see!

Congrats again and Good luck with the UCSD position!!

You can do it! You've come so far, and eight pounds is doable in 5-6 weeks, you just need to switch up your exercise routine and maybe your eating, and you'll be there. You certainly have the momentum!