Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sliming and PB'ing after fill

I went in last week and had a 1.5cc fill increase. I got so sick in the office that the dr took out 3.5cc. So in the end I came home w/ less of a fill then what I went in with. Doc said my stoma got inflammed because of the large fill. He told me to wait a wk and come back for another try. So today I went in again and he put in 2.5cc (total of 6.5cc in 14cc band). I was fine at the office but now that I'm home...I've been PB'ing and sliming. Can't lay down either. Not as painful as last wk but still painful. I'm thinking I'm just swollen and that it'll pass. I'm only .5 cc over what I started with.

Any advise or suggestion? Will the PB and sliming stop soon? Help Please.:cursing:

Hope you are feeling better soon.. I absolutely HATE sliming and PB'ing and hardcore vomiting too. It's the WORST feeling in the world. Especially when something gets stuck and all you have is pain. I try so hard to be good and once in awhile i forget to chew extra good or take small bites.

ANYWAY,, Just wanted to let you know that sometimes you can remain swolen for up to a week,, take it real slow and stick with liquids and then soft mushies for a few days after that. You should really baby your stomach until it's no longer swolen and aggrivated.

GOOD LUCK! it will get better and you will find your sweet spot one day.

278/225/180

i found out the hard way that u truly have to take small bites of food chew it until it desolves in your mouth....I had scrambled eggs to get stuck so u really have to take it slow... hell i should have drank liquids for about 3-4 days after but i started on the soft foods on th 2nd day.. but u live and u learn... u will be ok.. take it slow...i have 6.5cc's in a 10'cc band also...

what is "sliming?"

I think I had my first experience with it. I ate too big of a bite(s) much too fast and had a pain in my chest. Then increased saliva, so much so that I had to lean over the sink to let it run out. Very uncomfortable for a minute or two.

Then the food went through, and a little weak and a bit shaken, I was just fine in another 10 minutes.

Learned a lesson though, and then got stuck again at dinner many hours later.

Today, all I want is to sip Water and give my band a break. rest. Not at all hungry anyway.

So, that's what slime-ing is - to me. Not horrible, and definite feedback on my eating behavior!

Edited by 2GoodDogs
spelling

Hope you are feeling better soon.. I absolutely HATE sliming and PB'ing and hardcore vomiting too. It's the WORST feeling in the world. Especially when something gets stuck and all you have is pain. I try so hard to be good and once in awhile i forget to chew extra good or take small bites.

ANYWAY,, Just wanted to let you know that sometimes you can remain swolen for up to a week,, take it real slow and stick with liquids and then soft mushies for a few days after that. You should really baby your stomach until it's no longer swolen and aggrivated.

GOOD LUCK! it will get better and you will find your sweet spot one day.

278/225/180

Up to a week, eh? I had an episode Friday where I ate a bite of grilled cheese sandwich too quickly, it got stuck and I ended up throwing up -- ugh. I've been on liquids since and yesterday, I accidentally drank something too quickly and had it come back-up. So, liquids for a few more days, I guess -- does anybody else find that it is harder to swallow/ingest in the morning? It seems as the day goes on, the swelling seems to be less...

yes, i'm tighter in the morning too. I won;t even attempt to eat eggs w/o drinking a hot cup of tea. I'm so sick of not being able to eat things that I want. And having food get stuck even though i take smaller bites and chew, chew,chew. Now i know what other bandster mean by using the band as a 'tool' and not as a cure all. I'm going to use self control/will power and make good choices and control my portion. Sliming, vomitting, etc,,,is not how i want to live.

what is pb'ing?

I have had the pain in my chest when I ate something. Man that hurts! I think I have chewed enough or taken a small enough bite, but sometimes I guess my body is telling me that I am not! Before a fill I could eat a banana - after I cant, but I can eat and english muffin with some mayo and a Tomato (been cravin them!) - go figure!

I think my biggest issue is that I dont eat slow enough, so that my stomach knows it is full...I may eat small bites, chew it really good, but I dont wait long enough between all that for it to settle - I think it is bad habits that I soooooo need to break!

Also anyone have issues with being *regular* since the surgery? I finally went back to having my oatmeal this morning, it was the only thing that kept me regular. I had no issues with eating it - THANK GOD!

I am new here, just gettin my feet wet! :thumbup: