Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Oh Karen, I'm really sorry. There's no telling if my group can keep their mouths shut. Here's hoping....

I hope you have better luck than I. I can't tell you how disappointed I was.

Karen-

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Maybe you can try to turn it around and somehow(??) make it positive. Use this as motivation instead of discouragement. I know easier said then done. But stop, look at it from outside your normal box. Use it as a chance to inspire and motivate others, instead of putting the focus on you, so much. If this makes any sense to you. But I wish you the best. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Karen-

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Maybe you can try to turn it around and somehow(??) make it positive. Use this as motivation instead of discouragement. I know easier said then done. But stop, look at it from outside your normal box. Use it as a chance to inspire and motivate others, instead of putting the focus on you, so much. If this makes any sense to you. But I wish you the best. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thanks. I'll have to find some way - I can't let it stop me again.

I just found out it was my boss who started telling people. The boss I told because I felt someone higher up should know, but that I was trying to keep it very quiet. She's lucky I'm not the vindictive type, or HR would hear about it.

Well, so much for my great plan to not tell everyone at work about my surgery. My first day back and I find out it's all over the building. :tongue2:

I told 3 people: the big boss, a friend, and my assistant. I am really disappointed.

I am so sorry. I think a very polite email is called for. Just to let those three know that this was a private matter and you are disappointed that everyone had found out. Nothing mean or not what you exactly want to say. Just enough to make them feel like crap.

I understand. I haven't told anyone!

Thanks. I'll have to find some way - I can't let it stop me again.

I just found out it was my boss who started telling people. The boss I told because I felt someone higher up should know, but that I was trying to keep it very quiet. She's lucky I'm not the vindictive type, or HR would hear about it.

OMG I thought that the boss would be the last to tell. I couldn't help myself; I know I would have to say something about having told her in confidence. Depending on how you feel about her, I would still go to HR. A big boss that can't keep their mouth shut? Does she tell your competitors secrets, sheesh!

Thanks Lone Star but I can manage the taste right now but I'll put the next one in Water to see how it goes. I also just got off the phone with the ISS Research people who make Oh Yeah. I've heard rave reviews from other sites and she is sending me coupons for GNC. I think I'll go pick one up and check it out.

I was talking to my Mother about this and her eyes got as huge as saucers and said "She should go to HR!! Her boss could get fired for that! At the very least he (didn't know it was a she) needs a serious lecture in employee confidentiality."

Maybe, you should just say something to her directly and remind her about the repercussions for breaching your confidentiality, but you are not interested in getting her into trouble.

Thanks folks. Maybe you're right. Maybe a well worded e-mail is in order.

I'd talk to her in person, but it's next to impossible to find her.

Well, so much for my great plan to not tell everyone at work about my surgery. My first day back and I find out it's all over the building. :tongue2:

I told 3 people: the big boss, a friend, and my assistant. I am really disappointed.

------

KarenK, I am so very sorry to hear of this. Really I am - I told two co-workers only and would be krazy if they told anyone. If I decide to tell, fine - but I hate that this has happened to you and wish you much luck with moving on through it. Today was my first day back and I just thought to myself that I really don't want everyone to know.... but, what if they did - oh well, I've worked EXTREMELY hard to get this far, to have this done - emotionally, physically & financially.

Continue to hold your head up high, do what you need to do to take action against the culprit - but return to these forums to vent your frustrations without letting anyone there know that they may have gotten on your nerves with this. Never let them see you sweat it... let them see you lose the weight like the winner you are!

Thanks, NFaith.

You're right - I need to be proud of the progress I've made and not let her unprofessionalism affect me this way. I will say my peace (in person) tomorrow, and then let it go - and go on doing what's right for me.

Oh Karen--I'm so sorry that happened! I have a situation at bible study I'm trying to figure out what to do about. I mentioned I would be off Thursday (I was supposed to do childcare--it's 3 times a year) and needed to get someone to take it for me. Well, a friend asked me if my surgery had to do with my knee...I stopped a minute and said, "yes" hesitantly and she took it and ran. A friend of my mom's stopped her Sunday and mentioned to her that I'm having KNEE surgery! :rolleyes:I'm reasonably sure when I come back that everyone will be asking about my knee surgery and I don't want to lie (it does have to do with my knee...it's just not my knee!). :tongue2:

My teen daughters still don't know although they know I'm dieting and that I'm going to start going to a cardiac rehab gym (at the hospital where my surgery is being performed). If I tell them, the news will travel fast.

Best wishes tomorrow to: SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb; hallfamilyx2; ambogrl; neophyteguy

:biggrin:

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

annecolorgreen - I'm sure your knee will feel much better after!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Be back in touch soon - we worry about you.

:rolleyes:I'm reasonably sure when I come back that everyone will be asking about my knee surgery and I don't want to lie (it does have to do with my knee...it's just not my knee!). :Dancing_biggrin:

~~anne

I think a very nice, "I'm not even really that sore, but my doctor said that since this has been a chronic problem that my knee should continue to improve over the next year."

There you go. Truth....and no one else had to know anything you are not ready to tell.

I have already set the stage for leaving town for my surgery next week. (OMG IT'S NEXT WEEK!!!!! That's the first time I really thought that!)

My DH and I are taking a few days off to spend some one on one time and visit some friends while out of town. When I come back I plan to lie to my friends and family. Now usually I will find someway to tell the truth without telling the secret. I hate to lie. I can't keep the stories straight. But with this I will be sore and unable to do somethings around the house. I plan to tell my kids I fell down some stairs at the hotel while we were out of town. My liquid diet will be chalked up to some major GI problems that started on our trip. (Related to the fall if the girls at work think I'm not getting around well)

I know you shouldn't lie, but that is a path I have choosen for this. This is deeply personal to me. I need to do this and keep this secret for me....at least for now.

There have been times I have been tempted to tell my best friend, but something is holding me back. I have learned to trust that little voice inside my head.