Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Bimbabe--that's awesome! I didn't think you would be home today yet!

Best wishes and prayers for: Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady as they start out their new lives tomorrow!

Five days more for me! I've decided I need to distract myself this weekend...lots of football maybe!

~~anne

Updated list (welcome newbies!):

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith; MJay

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1; wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha

October 30-kygirl31

October 31-watermum

Had my one week follow-up today. I'm healing well and down a total of 23 pounds.

I can now have yogurt, oatmeal, and Protein Shakes - I'm having a shake for a late dinner - ummm, I'm going to have to perfect this somehow.

I took my mother with me to the appt today. We had a talk about boundaries on the way home. She needs to find a way to support me without meddling - without watching every bite - and certainly without calling my doctor (again). She has always been very focused on weight (not just mine), so I hope we can figure it out.

well it's Friday and I weighed...down a total of 31 lbs from start! I haven't been this weight in two years and I love it! I'm really going to try and kick it up a notch these next few weeks.

The DH made reservations for us to spend four days in Savannah Georgia the week of Thanksgiving. I'm a bit torn about the trip as we are serious foodies and I really don't want to do anything that will hurt my progress. I don't want to tell the DH we can't do these trips now, since it's a major source of enjoyment to him, but I really don't think I'll enjoy myself that much. I'll have my first fill a week or so before we go so that will help me tons.

Ara, if you area foodie and you want to be good, stay far, far away from the Lady and Sons. I used to live in Savannah, and I know most people want to visit Paula Deen's restaurant, but it's not the place to go unless you don't mind gaining a few! I think I've seen lard-fried butter on the menu.

lol oh it's on the list along with Olde Pink House, Elizabeth on 37, Uncle Bubba's and Alligator Soul. We are staying at the Weston Resort. I've looked at the menu in most places and I'm going to be very very limited in what I can eat. At Lady & sons I've got the choice of the chicken salad or the baked shrimp or scallops and just eat a few. *sigh* While I'm an emotional eater I really do like food...the taste, smell, texture and joy of sitting around with family, friends etc and sharing a great meal...

All of those are verrry good places to eat. If someone gets the chicken pot pie at L&S, have a taste- it's fantastic. Maybe you could just skip ordering and have a bite of everyone's meals- there's an idea!

Ara--I don't know if it's too late to change your destination but here is my story. My dh also got reservations for Savannah, GA for my 40th birthday last January. Because my oldest son is stationed close to there and was deployed at the time, I knew I would be depressed going at that time (not to mention that it would be cold!). I thanked him so much for thinking of me and then kindly asked if we could go somewhere with a warmer climate! We ended up in San Francisco (I'd never been that far west) and had a great time. THEN, when my son got home in May, we went to Savannah to welcome him home!

If you decide to go, make it a point to do lots of tours if you are into history at all. If I remember where you are staying, it's down in the historical end and you can walk to most "attractions". We spent a few days at Tybee before ds1 got home as he didn't want to see the sand! On River Walk, I remember there was a tapas restaurant that would probably be a good choice as you get those little portions.

Have fun whatever you do!

~~anne

Definitely gas pain -my shoulder was soooo sore. It still gives me pain here and there I am 10 days post op. Every day it gets a little better. Hang in there.

yes i have fitday. I ordered a couple of years ago and used it then but thanks for the reminder.... I may start using that again for my journal.

lol see I'm looking forward to a bit cooler weather of Savannah. We live on the coast of texas and even in December it's not out of the norm to be in the 80's!

What a wonderful idea about just eating off his plate...lol no so sure he'll be thrilled with that but...*G* I can make him order a app, salad and then dinner and have bites of his. I really am keeping my fingers crossed that my first fill is before we go...

I'm a history fan, but sad to say I'm not a huge southern history fan as I grew up in the south. We live close enough to New Orleans now that we go several times a year because we both love it.

Ara...

I totally understand where you are coming from. My whole life has been about food. I have a BA degree in Culinary Art for crying out loud! So I am serious about my food! Food is one of the most important parts of a vacation to me, or at least it use to be. Major Foodie.

My Husband thought I had lost my mind when I started asking him to split with me. It was something I did with an ex-bf, and it always worked great for us. So, when I asked my Husband he reluctantly agreed. But, we each had just enough food to be satisfied. We usually split one of each course. Sometimes we would get two appetizers, because they are always the most tempting, but usually the smallest portions. He really got turned onto the idea after he saw the bill. Virtually cutting your food bill in half. In his mind it, meant he could order another cocktail!

I think in most Upscale restaurant, you will be able to find something you will truly enjoy. They usually use higher quality, fresher, simpler, and healthier ingredients. You might have trouble in those specializing in strictly southern cuisine, like Lady & Son. But, it IS Savannah!

I would still go. Don't let food control your life for one day longer. (I know easier said than done!) Think positive!

yes i have fitday. I ordered a couple of years ago and used it then but thanks for the reminder.... I may start using that again for my journal.

Do you pay for fitday.com? I use extrapunds.com and just use the free portion. It has always been more than adequate because I could add custom food to the food tracker.

Penny you and I sound similar! We have always had our favorite places and love going to them, even stuck in this part of the country we would travel to Houston often to Chez Nous or Dallas, Austin for a special meal. food plays (played) a huge part in our vacations and we enjoy going to upscale places. Wasn't out of the norm for the two of us to have 300-400$ tabs (including wine..a must since the DH is Chilean!). I'll hit L&S but I don't think it will be difficult there...but I better have help when it comes to E on 37th or Olde Pink!

Weekends for us have also changed as we use to spend hours on Saturday and Sunday making complex meals or at the very least grilling a Prime cut of meat...I am soooo dying for a nice center cut filet cooked to rare!

I would still go. Don't let food control your life for one day longer.
How true is that!! I almost missed out on a homecoming festival last weekend because I was thinking I didn't want to run into anyone until I lost weight...I DID go! Our minds can sure control us if we let it!

Fitday does have something you can pay for (software?) but is totally free to just use their site.

~~anne