Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Everyone looks great. I hope to post pics with week too. I started watching my carbs intake again with all of your inspiration and lost 5 lbs just from last week!!

THANK YOU ALL!!

So, I'm back on track ready to go. I have .7 lbs to never see 2XX again. :smile:

Does anyone know of a good Vitamin for hair? I feel like my hair is thinning a lot.

Julie,

I love that your surgeon put you on the website as a star!! That is so exciting, and you've done so well in just 6 months :(

Molly...Try shopping for clothes. I always pick larger sizes than I need. My mind has not caught up with my body. Yesterday I bought a pair of capris. They looked like they were running small so I bought a size bigger than the other things I am wearing without trying them on. Sam's does not have a fitting room. When I got home they were 2 sizes too big. Sure feels better than finding them to be too small.

Wow you are so funny!! I just went to Walmart easter morning to get a new pair of shorts because mine were so big, i was in a size 20 but got into a 14 so i figured i would just buy a 14. Came home tried them on and guess what they were too big!! I can't ever remember going to Walmart that fast and getting a SIZE 12!!! and better yet THEY FIT!! Woo hoo!! I still feel and think of myself as fat but boy Easter Sunday was a winner for me! I felt great!! I haven't been in a 12 for over 30 years!!!!:thumbup:

NRP... I see you only have 1 pound left.. I am so jealous but so happy for you at the same time!! Congrats to you... and oh...did I mention that I was in a size 12?? LOL :)

Wow you are so funny!! I just went to Walmart easter morning to get a new pair of shorts because mine were so big, i was in a size 20 but got into a 14 so i figured i would just buy a 14. Came home tried them on and guess what they were too big!! I can't ever remember going to Walmart that fast and getting a SIZE 12!!! and better yet THEY FIT!! Woo hoo!! I still feel and think of myself as fat but boy Easter Sunday was a winner for me! I felt great!! I haven't been in a 12 for over 30 years!!!!:thumbup:

NRP... I see you only have 1 pound left.. I am so jealous but so happy for you at the same time!! Congrats to you... and oh...did I mention that I was in a size 12?? LOL :)

Hey, Congrats. on your new size 12. I bet the people in Walmart were wondering why you coming running into the store. I was up to a 16 and now down to a 12 almosttttttttt 10. It feels so good to be below my last baby weight from 7 years ago.:tt2: Keep up the good work.

NRP... Congrats to you... and oh...did I mention that I was in a size 12?? LOL :)

Thanks! So cool...Good golly, Miss Molly! Shorts for Easter...It isn't warm enough yet here for shorts but you're gonna be looking great in those...was it a size 12?! I know it is pretty neat to try on clothes and they are too big, sure beats the bummed out feeling when they are too small.

I was at my band doc today. My cholestrol is not where it should be. I think the fat content in my cheesy diet has taken a toll. It has gone up in the last 3 months. oatmeal might help but they do discourage carbs. Is anyone else having a problem with cholestrol?

byw Molly...did you say a 12? What size are you hoping for? 12 sounds really good.

Edited by NormaRae

Everyone looks great. I hope to post pics with week too. I started watching my carbs intake again with all of your inspiration and lost 5 lbs just from last week!!

THANK YOU ALL!!

So, I'm back on track ready to go. I have .7 lbs to never see 2XX again. :sneaky:

Does anyone know of a good Vitamin for hair? I feel like my hair is thinning a lot.

I have been told that if you are getting over 60-70 grams of protien per day you should not be losing any hair.

Give that a try.

Don

Hi Ya'll,

I just had my latest Doc visit. Found out I was low on Iron and have to start taking Iron tablets. Other than that the Doc said I'm doing very well.

Next moth on my next Doc's appt. I'll also be seeing the Diatition to check on how I'm doing. I still think I'm eating too much at one time, so I'm correcting some of my eating habits. Next Appt I'll probibly be tweeked again. W'll see.

Over than that I'm doing very well and am very happy I've been Banded.

Don

PS: Happy to see the new people that have been Banded. Good luck to all of you and hang in there.

A friend who does hair for a living suggested B-complex Vitamins - especially Vitamin B-12.

My hair was so thin to begin with, I'm considering shaving it all off and buying a wig. Think I could get away with pink like Britney?

THANK YOU ALL!!

So, I'm back on track ready to go. I have .7 lbs to never see 2XX again. :rolleyes2:

Hey, get you some Biotin 5mg. My hairdresser said to take

two a day. My hair was starting to thin out.

Doggone scales just will not move. I am maxed out on exercise I am willing to do and have been on a low cal diet (1000cal) and don't need a fill. Just started with a personal trainer so am hopeful the scales will start moving soon.

Hey, get you some Biotin 5mg. My hairdresser said to take

two a day. My hair was starting to thin out.

My hair is also thinning. I was at support meeting yesterday and they suggested taking zinc and biotin. They also said the hair will come back in eventually. :rolleyes2:

My hair has always been very thick so it is not a horrible thing. The new hair seems to be coming in a different color. :crying: Yikes...I am trying to avoid chemicals on my hair because it is really dried out as well as thinned out.

Hey, Congrats. on your new size 12. I bet the people in Walmart were wondering why you coming running into the store. I was up to a 16 and now down to a 12 almosttttttttt 10. It feels so good to be below my last baby weight from 7 years ago.:crying: Keep up the good work.

Well Carolina my baby is going to be 32 this year so I held onto that baby weight all of this time!! I should of done this years ago!! LOL congrats on your success...10 is what I wore when I got married 34 years ago!! :rolleyes2:

I still think the shorts were marked wrong...LOL :crying:

Thanks! So cool...Good golly, Miss Molly! Shorts for Easter...It isn't warm enough yet here for shorts but you're gonna be looking great in those...was it a size 12?! I know it is pretty neat to try on clothes and they are too big, sure beats the bummed out feeling when they are too small.

I was at my band doc today. My cholestrol is not where it should be. I think the fat content in my cheesy diet has taken a toll. It has gone up in the last 3 months. Oatmeal might help but they do discourage carbs. Is anyone else having a problem with cholestrol?

byw Molly...did you say a 12? What size are you hoping for? 12 sounds really good.

I am hoping for a size 10 but 8 wouldn't bother me one bit! Be careful with the diet how is your good cholestrol? I should really get myself tested..I still weigh 184 so I have 34 more pounds to go...and I still think of myself as fat. It's funny just this past week or so people started to notice that I was losing weight. Hard to tell with me I wear scrubs every day and they are loose to begin with...keep up the good work!!!