Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Looks like y'all are doing wonderfully!! I'm very frustrated! I haven't lost but 5 lbs since January! I've been steady working out at Curves 3-5 times a week, getting my Protein in, and am not eating any bread/pasta/rice... but cannot get this scale to budge!! Any tips???

HUMM.... Do you keep track of everything you eat on a site like sparkpeople or the dailyplate? Those are great to see where you are doing well and where you need to improve. Do you know your calorie intake? I think it sounds like you are doing the right things. Do you need a fill. It sounds like you aren't in the "green zone" if your weight loss has slowed or stopped. That might jumpstart you again!

I'm scheduled to get a fill next Weds, was supposed to be tomorrow but didn't want a fill so close to Easter, since the majority of my family doesn't know about the band. Hopefully that will help.

I've tried journaling my foods to get a clear picture of exactly what I'm eating and the OCD kicks in and if I don't know exactly how much food it was and can't find the numbers I need to complete my journal, I get discouraged and quit after a day or two of trying. Seems like I'm living on string cheese, cottage cheese, Protein shakes, sugar free pudding, and either grilled chicken breast or hamburgers without the bun... oh, and broccoli, it's my veggie of choice. I'm still scared to try steak and salad, I don't know why, but I'm terrified to try those. I haven't to this day had a PB episode or vomited. Breads get stuck and I stay away from Pasta and rice.

I'm doing the Curves Smart program working out and generally burn 400-450 calories per workout. I'm thinking of adding in some walking in addition to the workout I'm doing...

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I'm going to check out circuit training, but isn't that what I'm supposed to be getting with Curves? I guess I'm kind of confused on that... time for more research!

Bridgette,

You are doing wonderfully. You have had tremendous success. I think you may need to reassess your expectations. You've lost over 50 pounds in about 6 months. That's really terrific. Be nice to yourself and not so demanding. Your family that has not seen you recently is going to be amazed at what they see on Easter! I am very proud of what you have done so far.

Ok folks,

I've been a little depressed at my slowish weight loss, but I have exciting news!!

I am posting progress photos from around my heaviest weight to my current...I am down over 40 pounds and have another 50 to lose.

The new pictures were taken last week and the befores were taken about 1 year ago. I'm soooo excited that you can see my cheekbones again!! Yippee :blink: I'm so happy I got this surgery!

My other great news is that this last fill I had is just what I needed to jump start my weight loss again....already down those stubburn 2-3 pounds I have been fighting.

post-246712-13813138279699_thumb.jpg

post-246712-13813138305781_thumb.jpg

post-246712-13813138306237_thumb.jpg

post-246712-13813138306469_thumb.jpg

Edited by cattoy71

cattoy - congrats - you look wonderful!

I went in for another small fill yesterday. I was surprised to step on their scale and learn I had broken my plateau - I certainly didn't feel like it, but had lost 7 more pounds. If I keep my old bad habits in check (oh that vending machine!), I'm hoping to break into one-derland in a couple of weeks.

Everyone take care.

Excellent Karen! You are doing great. Does not sound like any bad habits are in control. Keep up the great work.

hello my fellow Smashing Pumpkins, hope everyone is doing well, congrads to you all. i had my 4th fill Monday and i'm down a few more lbs. a total of 37lbs now. i'm coming up on my 5th month band-a -versary and although i wish it would pick up i still feel blessed and know alot of it is me.

i feel pretty good about this last fill, it feels real tight (for now) so we'll see how it goes. i think the most frustrating part for me is that you have to have the right balance between Protein intake,exercise, Water intake and all in order for the scale to really move. so i seem to get one part down pack but not all at the same time...:sad:

Encoraging Word For Today :

LACK OF WILL POWER HAS CAUSED MORE FAILURES THAN LACK OF INTELLIGENCE OR ABILITY !!

HAPPY EASTER ALL, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND DONT GIVE UP !

Easter.gif

Julie,

How nice. I looked at the site and then read your input. You are obviously a very intelligent and lovely person. I am glad you are not holding yourself back anymore. Good things are ahead for you.

Cattoy - your pic are testimony by themself. Tyme2GetRite - Good to see you're doing so great. EVERyONE - Congrats!

i'm training for a marathon at the end of May and I'm up to 10 miles....16.2 to go. Wish me luck.

weight.png

Catt * Julie all I can say is WOW! You guys look fantastic! I decided to try on my size 14 jeans the other night and guess what?? THEY FIT!! Better than that..they are loose!!! OMG!! I am soo happy I just can't believe it. I have to learn how to put up before and after pictures.

I am finally at the 51 pound mark! I am so incredibly stoked!! The fill from hell that I got in Feb seems to be working... still tight and I can't even think about going for another one yet. I have 2cc in a 4cc band I haven't lost anything in about 2 weeks now but i am losing inches so I guess I can't complain!

You guys have been my inspiration and I am so happy for all of you! Keep up the good work

Molly...Try shopping for clothes. I always pick larger sizes than I need. My mind has not caught up with my body. Yesterday I bought a pair of capris. They looked like they were running small so I bought a size bigger than the other things I am wearing without trying them on. Sam's does not have a fitting room. When I got home they were 2 sizes too big. Sure feels better than finding them to be too small.

Thanks so much for your kind words and support!

Strange to realize how much my weight kept me from living happily.