Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

julie.ann - my before picture was quite a revelation for me as well. Maybe I should go find it again (it's on my work computer) - maybe looking at it will do me some good.

I'm feeling a little frustrated right now. I was losing at a very good rate, and have slowed down the last month considerably. The fact that I can eat bread and am feeling less control over my cravings isn't helping. I think I may be due for a fill when I go back in a couple of weeks.

Can you go in soon er than that? How long has it been since your last fill? Is your doctor flexible for you? I canceled my last appt and although I think that I would be okay with a fill, but so far I am doing okay and sice I got stuck once I think that I would rather not be on the tight side.

Let us know how you are doing!

I am having trouble uploading a new photo. It isn't a great pic but it does seem to fit the restriction size. Does anyone ever have trouble getting new photos on?

Hi October Bandsters!

It has been forever since I posted on here ... I'm mostly just a lurker. And, things with the Band has been progressing more or less okay until the last few weeks when I noticed that gobs of my hair were falling out. I wrongly assumed that at 4 months out I had escaped the dreaded Hair loss until I read other posts on this site where a lot of folks notice thier hair is falling out at month 4. I've always had really thick, curly hair, and I've never had problems with hair loss in the past, even when I have had dramatic weight loss. But, here I am ... freaking out that if it continues at this rate, I'll be bald by months end.

So, I was just wondering if any other October Bandsters are now having this problem? And, if so, what are you doing about it?

I have just noticed that too. I have heard it doesn't last long. I have heard some say it is because of too little calories or too much Protein or not enough or just rapid wt loss. I guess as long as I don't become bald it is something I can live with if it means not being morbidly obese anymore.

Can you go in soon er than that? How long has it been since your last fill? Is your doctor flexible for you? I canceled my last appt and although I think that I would be okay with a fill, but so far I am doing okay and sice I got stuck once I think that I would rather not be on the tight side.

Let us know how you are doing!

julie.ann - My appt is a week from Wednesday. Since it involves an hour drive each way, I'll just wait until then. It's been quite a while since my last fill - my last 2 appointments they didn't give me one since I was losing weight so well. I think I'm going to request one this time, though. I do worry about being too tight, but right now I really think I'm too unrestricted.

It's easy to feel frustrated but, just remember, any progress of weight coming OFF the scale is an improvement. For the past several years, I've only seen pounds go ON the scale!

Keep it up everyone!

~~anne

Hey Guys... Just checking in I am going for my 2nd fill this Friday and I can't wait!! I don't think I have lost but 2 pounds since my last fill in December... The fill site is over 2 hours away and is so hard to get to. Taking off of work is a big deal...

So how is everyone doing? I am finally under 200 pounds! and holding steady at 196.... thats 25 pounds... not as much as some of you have lost but I am thrilled.

Take care and I will check in after the fill. Keep up the good work everyone!!

yeahi get my 3rd fill nxt wed,im so proud of myself i can walk 3 miles a day now.im hoping this fill helps me lose more,o yeah and dont eat sugar free candy most have 180 cal a piece

I was originally going to have my lap band done in Oct. with you guys but it didn't happen-- so I got mine done Dec. 9. The first fill I got was Feb. 2rd and I got no restriction so I went in on the 25 of Feb. and I fussed at him a little so now I have a total 2.25 ccs and I feel them tonight or should I say early morning. I hope I don't have to go back in today and beg him to take some out. You know pride can hurt so we'll see if I can save face.

Edited by Vickie
spelling

Hi Vickie,

Every time I have had a fill it felt tight for a day or two. After that my body has adjusted. I have had 3 fills now and it seems to be my sweet spot. As of today I weighed 143.5 and the size 10 jeans I bought the other day were too big. I had to exchange them for an 8. The 8's are fitting loosely. Mentally it is a challenge to take the smaller size into the dressing room. My mind has not caught up with my actual size. I find I have loose skin on my upper arms and chin. I need to find some exercise for the chin especially.

Glad to hear you are doing well now Vickie. Let us know how the fill works out for you.

Had an appointment with the dr yesterday.

Lost 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks. They were pleased. Did give me a small fill, and I go back the last week in March for a check-up and possible additional small fill.

They think I'm close to the sweet spot, and are afraid of overfilling, so we're taking it a little slower now.

My weight loss has slowed considerably, but I keep plugging away.

Glad to hear everyone doing so well.

I go to the dr. on Monday for my 4th fill, the 24th made 4months post-op and im still around 33lbs lost. i only weigh myself at dr.apt's or my nutritionist vists, my weight loss has also slowed down:thumbdown: and has became a bit frustrating:cursing:. i'm on the low side of GOOD. i've lost alot of inches also and have went from size 26,24,22's to a size 18 so i'll take that as a great thing. i'll continue to plug away also but im really considering going back to more of a liquid diet like slim fast and Protein Shakes after my fill, and purchasing a spanx:sleep: to help guide me along.

Keep up the great job everyone !

Hi Everyone! I went yesterday for my 2nd fill. I now have 2cc's in my 4cc band. To date I have lost 27 pounds! Not as much as the rest of you have but I am thrilled.

I do have a ?? though.. I feel REALLY tight since the fill yesterday and it was all I could do to finish a cup of coffee this am, now my left shoulder hurts. If I didn't know any better (and I do I am an RN) I would be running into the ER for a cardiac workup. Do you think my band is too tight or should I give it time to loosen up? :(

Hi Everyone! I went yesterday for my 2nd fill. I now have 2cc's in my 4cc band. To date I have lost 27 pounds! Not as much as the rest of you have but I am thrilled.

I do have a ?? though.. I feel REALLY tight since the fill yesterday and it was all I could do to finish a cup of coffee this am, now my left shoulder hurts. If I didn't know any better (and I do I am an RN) I would be running into the ER for a cardiac workup. Do you think my band is too tight or should I give it time to loosen up? :(

I think you might be tight, but some people are much tighter in the morning and by noon it gets better. You also may have some swelling. Warm liquids is a good idea. See how you are feeling later today or tomorrow. Things may settle down for you. If not then I would give your doctor a call for a small unfil.