Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Is there a group just for October Bandsters? I would like to be a part of the group if there is. It would be good to see where everyone else is at on their journey of weight loss. I was banded on 10/02/08, had my first fill 11/14-2cc, and my second fill, 12/19-1cc. I have lost 25lbs. as of today! Yeh!!! :thumbs_up:

Ruby- thank you , i'm really trying to stay focused and learn how to make this band work. i never thought that i could work out(weights) too much though:unsure:.those Protein Drinks look good i need to see if my local grocery store carries them:drool:! the Protein Drink that i make only has 23gm of Protein and i only like the vanilla flavor.

LoveIslovely - you have been kicking butt lady:thumbup: 75lbs lost already, my what do you do ? and we are not that much off as far as dates:blink::thumbs_up: ,maybe 2 weeks or so.you go girl, keep up the good work you continue to be an inspiration to me and others !

Terri in KY- i'm also a Smashing pumpkin and have always came back to this site to see how all the other October Bandsters are doing. i may be wrong but i think we all just come back here and check in, and share our information. most have tickers to show weight lost or signatures..i forgot my pass word to update mine but is still at or around 28-30lbs lost... so i'm not sure but , Welcome my fellow Smashing Pumpkin:thumbup:

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

Is there a group just for October Bandsters? I would like to be a part of the group if there is. It would be good to see where everyone else is at on their journey of weight loss. I was banded on 10/02/08, had my first fill 11/14-2cc, and my second fill, 12/19-1cc. I have lost 25lbs. as of today! Yeh!!! :grouphug:

Welcome Terri! Here is a link for the Friday weigh in for the Smashing Pumpkins: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f282/friday-weigh-84472/#post1112907

and here is the link to our main page of forums. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f282/

We aren't as talkative as some I think. I like the idea of catching up once a week. I have several different groups that help keep me going and here is my blog..... Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - My Secret Journey

Have you started your own yet?

Edited by julie.ann

is it me or do these Atkins shakes taste awful?someoene i think i read it on lap band talk said they used to taste better?they have a weird after taste,i got the vanilla to try and its yuk lol

I actually prefer the chocolate shakes to the ones I've tried thus far. Muscle Milk light chocolate were disgusting! I don't like Atkins vanilla or strawberry...even with an addition of DaVinci syrups.< /p>

Nazzy...Have you tried these. I have tried the Mocha, Chocolate, Oreo Creme, & Vanilla. They have 51 grams of Protein in a 15 oz can. Two or three grams of sugar depending on flavor. Lots of vitamins.....No after taste that I detect. I like them.

Good job everyone getting back on track!

I have those glasses, Ruby! I'm down about 25ish pounds and have had my 2nd fill which is really tight. I'm thinking I may need an unfill; I've PB'd twice this week and it hurts to eat sometimes.

Ruby, Ive seen those, too scared to try them lol but it sure looks yummy..chocolate yumm yum!

Too scared to try them? Can you pls explain?

Edited by SickNTired

Well, I'm starting to get the hang of it; that is, how much to eat, when to eat and what to eat. It's amazing how much changing your live style it take. No matter how much you are told, you have to expereince it yourself to have it sink in.

One more pound down.:cool:

Don

That is why I figured let me not rush my fills in December. I will get my second fill on Jan 7. I am looking forward to getting back on track now. Holiday is over. I packed Soups & yogurt & a Protein drink for work. I have some sliced ham & cheese to...sans bread though I can eat it with no problem right now. Funs over...Time to get to work!

Nazzy if i had double knee surgery last year I wouldn't be playing games either. I think it is fantastic you are out there walking & strenghthing them!:thumbup:

Good luck people!

I know how you feel! I've lost almost 20pds since my surgery 10/24/08. My first fill was around Dec.5th. It got3.8. I didn't know at the time, but that was too full. I PB' quite often and yesterday at my 2nd visit I told my PA what was happening. She gave me a Barium Swallow and it was barely gong through my band, plus she could tell I was swollen and some of my stomach had come up!!!

I freaked out. She took all the 3.8 out and then added just 1.8 so I can readjust since my band had moved. I think this is everyone's fear! I go back next Friday to see if my band has gone back in place. Wish me luck! I'm suppose to be on liquids for the next week, ugh!!!

I'm happy!

I had my first fill December 4. I lost 20 lbs prior to my first fill. Today I got my second fill. I managed to lose 1 lb over the holidays... :thumbup:

Yea...I was really good until the 24th. I got back on track around January 3. That is the first time I have lost weight over the holiday. My Doc said most people gain seven lbs over the holiday...that I should be happy. I am! biggrin.gif

Hey Tyme...Good on you for working the excersise in. That's fantastic. I have been lax in that area. My job is very physical. Heavy, fast paced work. My first day back to work was Jan 5 from Oct 20. I am hoping the added activity of my job and the second fill today really kicks in. I'm ready! Keep up the good work!

Nazzy...Have you tried these. I have tried the Mocha, chocolate, Oreo Creme, & Vanilla. They have 51 grams of Protein in a 15 oz can. Two or three grams of sugar depending on flavor. Lots of vitamins.....No after taste that I detect. I like them.

18phys.2.jpg

Good job everyone getting back on track!

Does anyone ever get tired of drinking Protein Shakes?

I know how you feel! I've lost almost 20pds since my surgery 10/24/08. My first fill was around Dec.5th. It got3.8. I didn't know at the time, but that was too full. I PB' quite often and yesterday at my 2nd visit I told my PA what was happening. She gave me a Barium Swallow and it was barely gong through my band, plus she could tell I was swollen and some of my stomach had come up!!!

I freaked out. She took all the 3.8 out and then added just 1.8 so I can readjust since my band had moved. I think this is everyone's fear! I go back next Friday to see if my band has gone back in place. Wish me luck! I'm suppose to be on liquids for the next week, ugh!!!

Wow...That is a scary story, Kelly. I wonder if my band has moved. The only test I get after a fill is to drink a cup of Water. I guess it is good to look at your band once in a while even if it feels ok. You never know...:thumbdown:

Good luck, Kelly. I hope your band stays in place.

Hey everyone!!

SickNTired- I hate Protein Drinks lol, which is why I am scared to try any new ones. I use Isopure(I think thats the right way to spell it) chocolate dutch and its goood :thumbdown:

Tyme: I exercise like a maniac, which is what has helped me lose a lot of pounds.

I am doing well. Doc decided to check my liver because he says Im losing like a gastric patient so they want to make sure I dont develop gall stone. Ugh, I hope not, I dont want to be on any meds. ill find out tomorrow.

LoveIsLovely - yeah i would think you would have had the gastric also(great job).

okay i think i get it now, just keep moving at all times..i was working out but concentrated on weights after my 30min cardios. now i just walk,walk,walk and i'm thinking about doing Zumba. either at the gym or buying my own DVD set to do at home,

Has anyone else tried Zumba?

What is the sweet spot for most people? I have a 9 CC band and have filled 4 cc. I am scheduled for another fill on 2/28/09 but not sure if I should have it or not? Does the doctor advise us based on the current rate of loss?

I hope all are doing well and not having the bad weather we have in Chicago land. We are expecting blizzard conditions tonight. Makes me want to stay in my cocoon!