Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to square one.....

So I went for my third fill yesterday morning, she put in one cc to bring my total up to 6cc's in a 10cc band. She gave me my cup of Water, I drank it with no problems and went home. I didn't eat anything since I'm supposed to do liquids for twenty-four hours. I did keep sipping on some water though, until I started sliming and throwing up late in the afternoon (of course after the clinic closed). It kept happening, plus I started feeling a very uncomfortable pressure in my chest that wouldn't go away, so I went to the E.R. The doctor checked me out, called my surgeon, and he told them to take ALL of the Fluid out of my band. I feel better, but now I have to start all over again, plus I can't get a fill for a month. I was feeling really bad about having to go to the E.R. for this, but the doctor told me it happens at least a few times a month so that made me feel a little better. Anyway, I'm feeling a little discouraged because I was doing so well and now I'm back where I started (kind of makes me feel like I failed).....I just wrote this to vent and get it off my chest.

You my dear are by NO means a failure!!!

You had a set back... you still have your band and in a month you get a do over...

maybe all you need is less aggressive fills.... or who know what but you still have your band and you are still 30 pounds down from where you are... do not let this discourage you!!!

We are here for you and you vent away!!!

Prayers and best wishes with you,

Kim

Thanks Kim! Your encouragement really made me feel better! Oh, and also the doctor's office called today, the surgeon wants to see me Wednesday to start my fills back up!!! Yay!!! Only five days empty!!!

Thank you! I just got back from my "refill" and now have 5cc's again, and I lost three pounds since last week with an empty band!

glad you don't have to wait too long to get going again Gina! and 3 lbs is great!

did your surgeon say why that happened? was the fill too much? i haven't heard of this happening before but it sounds like the surgeon says it's something that happens somewhat often.

Boy, i was getting discouraged with only getting one cc each fill. I have had 3 and only 3cc in 10cc band. But maybe that is best. I see alot of people get 2 or 3 at first and they seem ok. But i have lost 36#. And i guess i won't push the surgeon for more at a time. Slow and steady is what they say..good luck, and glad you got re-filled. Take care. Let us know how you are. Judy

Thanks Greyhoundmom and Judy! My surgeon said sometimes your stomach will swell more than usual after a fill and cause you to not be able to get anything through. He said it was no big deal, it happens. And he also told me that it didn't neccessarily mean that my band was too tight, I might be able to hold that much if my stomach doesn't swell much. I know that at 5cc's, I need more fills. At my next appointment they are going to give me .5 and see how I do on that.

thanks Gina for letting us know we might experience this on some fills! i hadn't heard of that before. glad you are back you are back to having some fill. i think i'm between 6 and 7 cc's in a 10cc band and i have no restriction really right now unless i eat something that doesn't agree with my band. going biking now. hope it'll help get me burning some fat! hang in there and keep at it everyone!