Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The cost of a Fill

The first fill was free, and after that it's $100 (with my insurance). It's $150 if you're cash pay. It depends on how Dr's offices bill the insurance too. Mine bills it as an outpatient surgical code (don't even ask me how that's considered surgery, but whatever), so I have to pay an outpatient surgery co-pay, not the $30 I would pay for a regular visit.

I live in southern CA. Surgery was covered under one insurance,but since changing jobs have a different insurance. I have paid $250 for 0.2cc cash in Pasadena. Now I have to decide if I want to have my fills in San Diego for $10 and drive the distance or continue to pay the $250 and continue with my surgeon, who I think is terrific!

Does anybody know of fill centers in Chicago/Joliet area? Dr. Joyce and Dr. Lahmann of BMI Surgery at Silver Cross hospital charge $1000 for each fill.

OFFICE/OUTPATIENT VISIT $112.00

CONTRST X-RAY UPPR GI $404.00

NEEDLE LOCALIZATION BY XRAY $300.00

Adjustment gastric band $150.00

:) :scared2: :thumbup: :smile: :mad2: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Ready for this...just got a BILL for mine...insurance wont cover it and it is 875.00:scared2:

350 for the fill, 275 for one xray and 250 for the other...that sounds like a racket to me!

All of my adjustments the first year after surgery are free. After that, they are $50. I'm self-pay. Located in SE Colorado.

I am self-pay for fills. :smile2:

My surgery on 12/24/09 was totally covered by ins. My husband blabbed to his co-workers about my surgery, and sure enough - the new ins for 2010 specifically EXCLUDES all treatment for obesity - surgical or non-surgical. Yay me!

Anyway, fills by my surgeon -no-flouro- would be $140 if I pay that day. $280 if they bill me later. Unfortunately, given the orientation of my port, I do need to have mine done under flouro. My surgeon's office is in a hospital, so I have to deal with the hospital for the x-ray fee. That's $504.00 if I pay that day, $650 if they bill me.

So, my grand total is $644.

Redskittles - I see Dr. Shayani in Bolingbrook. He actually does all the fills, not an assistant. I love him - he is so nice,and he gives all his patients his email address and he will respond if you email him. It is actually very rare for him to do fill under flouro - his staff had to ask how to write up the order! I don't know his policy on taking previous banded patients, but it's worth a shot. PM me if you want more info.

Oh WoW!!! I live near San Francisco and have to drive into the city to get a fill. I am self paid because my insurance wouldn't cover due to my lower BMI.

I pay $450 per fill and am totally fed up with the entire lap- band procedure. Last time the doctor charged me for coming back due to the band being to tight and I couldn't keep Water down. He gave me half off! woopy do! I feel that this band is a medical hoax! and these doctors are getting rich on some of us!

At this point, my fills (with fluoroscopy) are 100% covered. At this point, I don't even have to pay a copayment for the office visit. After a year (I think), I will have to resume with the copay--which will cover the fills, as well.

I am so happy that my insurance covers my fills. I only have to pay the copay $20 whether I have a fill with flouro or without.

Cash pay is $150 at my surgeon's office. I pay $40 w/insurance. This is in Scottsdale, Arizona.

For those who have their surgery paid for by insurance, the first 3 months of fills are included (no additional co-pays). For those who pay cash for the surgery, the first year of fills are included.

I'm in southern New Jersey.

My copays/fills are covered under insurance for 90 days after surgery, and after that, I think fills will just cost me the $10 copay. The office charges $200 per fill if you don't have insurance.

The clinic I go to charges $200, but I have insurance so it's covered. I pay co-pay for office visit.

This message is for TIME TO SHINE.....where in San Diego do you get the cheap fills?

I needed to see this thread. Because my doctor office co-pay according to my insurance should be $100 was $70 before Jan 2010 but they charge $150 plus I get billed and extra $50 because he does the barium swallow with the x-ray machine. Felt like I too was being robbed. I have over 6 friends whose don't pay any co-pays. Same medical insurance. But they just get the fill in the doctors office without the barium swallow.

I got my 1st bill for a fill - they were covered for 6 months after surgery and not billed by my doc - first bill was $106 after insurance coverage - just a standard 2 minute fill in office - (which was minimal as I have not met my out of pocket for coverage - insurance only covered about $25 :thumbup: ) I'm getting another fill today so chalk up another bill - that's ok - SO worth it!