Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sept 24 surgery date anyone else?

9-29 is my date, feel free to holler at me!!!!

Hi - I am having my surgery on Sept 30th. I am doing the liquid diet now.

My surgery will be done in Boston at Boston Medical Center - early in the morning.

How are you doing? Are you nervous, excited, scared?

I am a little of all 3. I will keep you in my prayers.

Peace,

LauraSue

I am know scheduled for the 25.I am from houston and was scheduled for the 16th and was canceled because of the huricane.I was scheduled for today but the anthesialogists would'nt do the surgery because ofmy heart condition and felt it would be better to do it in a hospital.So I have to waite 2 more days.I have been wanting this surgery for 2 years but ran into problems because of my heart condition.I am excited and will let you know how things are going and would like any advice for the first week.

Brian

I got my band on Monday the 22nd, a little tender in the tummy but I'm glad I had it done, don't worry about the eating I reallly haven't felt hungry and as a matter of fact didnt even eat everything they gave me at the hospital which included (supper) two popsickles, juice, Jello, non fat milk, broth and tea, I did one popsickle, milk (protein) and did drink the tea later. Today I did basically thei same thing, but since I've been home I have had some coffe, two yogarts and I'm planning on eating some jello, but I really don't know if I will be able to handl the jello yet. Good luck to all and my birthday is also end of the month.

CONGRATULATIONS to all you 24th banders. I am sure ya'll will do great and wish you a speedy recovery. You will have to let us know how you are doing afterwards. I go on Monday the 29th (yes, i previously put the 30th but apparently cant read the calendar lol)

Thanks for the response.I had my surgery yesterday.I didn't have too much pain.The gas was a little bad yesterday but tollerable.I havn't had much of a appetite.I had a Protein shake this morning and a cup of coffee.They fixed my hiatal hernia and the acid reflux is almost gone.I am 48 years old and had a triple bypass 6 years ago.I was blessed with my miracle daughter 3 years ago and my cardiologist told me this would add 20 years to my life so I will be at my daughters college graduation.I have been waiting for 2 years to have this operation but incured 2 blockages and got a clean bill of help finally.Let's keep informed.

Brian

Hi..

Had my sx on the 24th. Doing good. Havne't felt much like eating, but I'm drinking my Protein and had pudding yesterday. Today I had malt o meal...4 oz....yum! Best thing I've had in weeks! I don't really feel like my incisions hurt, but my insides feel funny if I'm up and about too much. I've been getting up and puttering around the house through the day. I've been *tooting* up a storm, which I guess is better than holding it in? I don't want to have the shoulder pain...

fyi...somthing my anes. doctor said to me...the shoulder pain is from the co2 they pump into your body to lift things up so they can work on you. He said that the pain is actually your diaphram, but that your brain can't process that, and so your brain says, "ohhh! I must be feeling pain in my shoulder!" Helped me understand better. I'd never read a good explanation of why it happens.

I still feel pretty wiped out. Ohhh, and I gained 5 pounds after surgery! I guess this is normal?

Thanks for the response.I had my surgery yesterday.I didn't have too much pain.The gas was a little bad yesterday but tollerable.I havn't had much of a appetite.I had a Protein shake this morning and a cup of coffee.They fixed my hiatal hernia and the acid reflux is almost gone.I am 48 years old and had a triple bypass 6 years ago.I was blessed with my miracle daughter 3 years ago and my cardiologist told me this would add 20 years to my life so I will be at my daughters college graduation.I have been waiting for 2 years to have this operation but incured 2 blockages and got a clean bill of help finally.Let's keep informed.

Brian

Brian, congradulation on begining this new journey. You are going to do fantastic. And - you will get more than 20 years, How about - you will be dancing at your daughter's wedding. Or even, being present for the birth of your fist grandchild. These are fantastic goals.

Every day you will feel better. I went for a walk today and felt great. Walking will help that gas, move on out. I wish you luck, take care. Debbie

Dear chickie.

Thanks for the respone.I do not have the shoulder painbut my diaphram was tight yesterday but isn't so bad today.I went to the office today to use the computor.I also gained 5lbs,but it is coming off today.I am glad you can eat yogurt and malt o meal.My wife had the surgery a year ago so i knew about the gas.sometimes being around her really cleans out the sinus.Let me know how you are doing.

Brian

Hey Brian!

I am glad to hear all went well with your surgery! Thanks for sharing! I am having mine on tues, so I really appreciate all these posts! How are you feeling today?

Had mine on the 22nd (grandsons birthday), today is my 6th day with the band and I feel soooooooo much better, had a lot of gas and found out that I really need to up my protien, did more portien yesterday and feel so much better today. I have been doing stuff around the house, took the week off from work returning tomorrow. I do walk everyday, it might not be a lot but I go get the mail (about 1/4 mile walk) and did some shopping yesterday. It still hurts some where they put the port, all in all I feel better. I did read a book that was recommended to me (Weight Loss Surgery with the Gastric Lapband), was pretty informative. I hope everyone out there does well with the lapband, at 59 I finally realized that I needed more than just anothere diet. Looked into other things but they all seemed so dangerous and as we get older we are more carefull, I feel that I am ready to change my life, older and smarter I guess we also get more concerned about safety, I now believe that I can eat less and still be happy that I don't have to have 3 slices of pizza I can have 1 and still feell like I'm ok. My husband seems to be supportive of this surgery, I did take him with me to the seminar so that he would understand better why I was doing this. I haven't weighed myself yet, will wait until tomorrow when I go to the nurses station at work and see what has happened, I don't expect to loss a lot of weight fast it took a long time to get here and I'm sure it will take a long time to change back. Good luck to you and everyone out there that has had the lapband.

Dear chickie.

Thanks for the respone.I do not have the shoulder painbut my diaphram was tight yesterday but isn't so bad today.I went to the office today to use the computor.I also gained 5lbs,but it is coming off today.I am glad you can eat yogurt and malt o meal.My wife had the surgery a year ago so i knew about the gas.sometimes being around her really cleans out the sinus.Let me know how you are doing.

Brian

Cleans out the sinusus..haha. I'm on day 4 now...feeling better today. I'm sure this is a little tmi, but just to pass along to others reading, I had sort of *forgot* that it had been over 6 days since going poopie....I wasn't having any of your normal indications that I needed to go and I figured I was eating much, so no big deal. Well, I guess my body rebelled last night and all of a sudden, I did have to go...which is good. I felt sooooo much better after that it seemed strange to me that I wasn't even thinking that I should need to go. So...moral to the story...well...I'm not really sure....go poopie!

Haven't had any of the referred gas pain, yay!

In my Quest for some tasty fare, I got some panera onion Soup to take home yesterday.....I blended it (onions) in my food processor and boy...was it yummy. My desire for some *real* food is growing with each day, but I'm hanging in there! Don't want to ruin anything.

Hope everyone is doing good today.