Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finance in Western Australia for plastic surg

Has anyone heard of any finance companies specifically for medical purposes ----- getting rid of excess skin after weightloss ?Which one? how do you contact?Do they just use specific doctors?

Also is anyone with the health fund hbf, did you get anything from the plastic surgery covered? which doctor did you see in western australia?

I'm also with hbf so am interested to see if they cover the surgery. I know they won't cover cosmetic surgery, but if it's listed as 'reconstructive' I wonder if it would be?

I spoke with my insurance company about this recently and their comment was: "If the doctor states it as 'medically necessary' and assigns a Medicare number, they'll pay out on it. If not, you get nothing." It's a long way off still for me, but worth looking into now with my GP, to establish the history for 'medically necessary'.

I checked the HBF website and from what I have read (and I could be wrong) they only cover very limited amounts towards cosmetic surgery, even if you have a Medicare number. If you don't have a Medicare number, you won't get any benefits, even the limited benefits they offer.

Hi all,

The doc told me that if you wait 2 years after your surgery then the health insurance covers part of it hospital stay etc as it is a result from the surgery, but you have to wait 2 years think that might be to see if it resolves itself.

Sam

I saw a plastic surgeon in Perth in July 08 ...reposting what I found out after that visit....

I saw a plastic and reconstructive surgeon today and this is the quote he gave for an abdominoplasty

total fee $4500

est. rebate $890.20

out of pocket $3609.80

medicare no 30177

I am with HBF (top cover) and the rebate is both medicare and HBF included.

I was reading the HBF website yesterday and they don't cover hospital fees for elective cosmetic surgery I don't think. I need to see if I (hopefully) misread this.

The above costs are only for the surgeon, not for the anaesthetist or the hospital stay - he said that for me it would be a week in hospital.

I saw a plastic surgeon in Perth in July 08 ...reposting what I found out after that visit....

Thanx for your response will take that info to my doctors and see what they suggest, will keep all informed,got to get something done as starting to look like an elephant with my skin.