Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi beautiful ladies,

I am so down right now. Since last Wednesday I have been gaining on average 1 pound/day. My appetite has returned full throttle and I have to force myself not to overdo it but I know I am still eating more than I should. I'm finding it very hard to slow down and am practically inhaling my food. I don't know what to do with myself right now. If anyone has advice please send it my way. I was down to 204 initially and am back to 212. For those of you have had surgery, is this normal? Please don't tell me to call the doctor's office because I have finally learned what others who've used NYU are complaining about. The staff SUCKS - no one has returned my call yet. Did I say THEY SUCKKKK?! Anyway this whining session ends now.

Hi Skinny,

I am 4 and a half months out. Between my 1st and 3rd fill, I had the same problem. When it happend to me, I count calories like crazy, just to make sure I wasnt going over. I did on a lot of days because I felt I needed food, but on those days I worked out extra. Dont worry it will pass. What are you eating?

I read on another post last week where that was happening to someone. That person posted they started adding a little more Protein to each meal. For example if she was having eggs she would add cheese. It was a long post but I will see if I can find it and let you know.

It was on slow users unite the title was A Few Tips From A Slow Loser - Now Past Goal -. She even gives sample meals. I hope this helps.

#1 - STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERY DAY!!! Weight fluctuates so much daily, that's not a good indicator of what your loss/gain really is. Weigh weekly, if at all, because if you don't lose you will only be more upset.

Now - make sure you are getting 40-60g of Protein daily...and try to get between 15 and 20 g of Protein with each meal. When you are eating, only sip drinks, don't guzzle like you used to. If so, you wash food out of the upper stomach which means it empties faster and you get hungry faster. Also make sure you are not snacking during the day, and drink all the Water you can. What type of exercise are you doing? You have to exercise to lose for the most part. Extended exercise where you get sweaty. Just a few suggestions...

Thanks for your words of advice lady. I have since done a search and found that gaining is not so unusual. I guess I unrealistically expected that the scale would always show a loss. I also finally got a call back from the nutritionist at my surgeon's office who told me I am doing fine and that I just need to be patient.

Enigma, I know, I know I have a ridiculous obsession with that darn scale. It whispers my name everyday and in an entranced state I get on it. I need help. LOL. Exercise? What's that? I am too tired to do anything most days. But I have made a promise to myself to walk at least a half hour five days a week starting today. It's a beautiful day so I will be walking the Brooklyn Bridge after work today. I have been pretty good with not snacking between meals and if I do it's with nuts or fruit. Thanks for your suggestions they are much appreciated.

Skinny: thanks for sharing with all of us. It good to know that there maybe ups and in our weight loss search and it good to see that many people have experienced it. Just like we have been told the band is not a magic bullet but just a tool.

It sounds like you have the right ideas, just stick with your program.

Anne the Travel Lady

Hi Travellady, Though this journey can be frustrating I realize how important it is to share all aspects of it especially the negative ones so that people can see that there are ups and downs. I know the ultimate outcome will be a good one but these are things most of us will go through.

I will try to leave the scale alone, i will try to leave the scale alone but....hush...the scale is calling my name