Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in AUGUST

:biggrin2: Hi, I had my first consult today and getting banded 26th August. I am so excited and so nervous. I am having my surgery in Greenslopes (Brisbane).

Just wondering if anyone else is getting banded in August as we will be around the same stage all the way through our journeys so we can keep in touch with each other.

:biggrin2: Hi, I had my first consult today and getting banded 26th August. I am so excited and so nervous. I am having my surgery in Greenslopes (Brisbane).

Just wondering if anyone else is getting banded in August as we will be around the same stage all the way through our journeys so we can keep in touch with each other.

Hey mumof2,

I am being banded on August 12th in Sydney.

Im very nervous to, never had surgery before, so hopefully we can share our experience!

Hi mumof2 I am being banded on the 11th at Ipswich can't wait. Look forward to hear from both of you and good luck.:smile:

Hey Mumof2 I am being banded on the 27th in Melbourne! I am in the excited phase of pre op tonight :smile:

There is also a bunch of people from around the world on the August 2008 topic who are sharing our thoughts and experiences!! So feel free to pop on over all you August banders!

I was banded on Friday, same as fee, on the 1st of August. :cool2:

Hey Lellow

How is everthing going? Gosh you have nearly been banded a week, thinking of you.

Sim :cool2:

Heya sim! More importantly, how are YOU?

I'm good myself. Moved from Clear liquids to full liquids today and am coping with the returning hunger quite well for the moment. I have a 1st fill date of 5th Sept so I do know that until then my appetite will be larger than normal, so I've got to choose good foods at each meal.

You're almost 3 weeks in from surgery! How are you feeling?

Hi mumof2,

I am getting banded on the 4th September. I see that you are getting done at Greenslopes, who is your doctor? I am getting banded by Dr. Copp.

Sam

Hi Sam, I am being done by Dr.Greenslade. I am so nervous but I can't wait for it. I am hoping this is goign to change my life. I know its going to be hard work and alot of will power but I need this to work for me and my family.

I am from Ireland but living here. I haven't told any of my family or friends as they wouldn't understand and having already sort of dropped this type of thing into converstaion with my mum I know she is totally against it and thinks its an excuse because you dont want to make the effort. So I am doing this on my own with my husbands support and one friend here that I have told. She is trying to lose a few kilos (the old fashioned way haha) so we are doing ti together, being a support to each other and doing some exercise together.

Hey mumof2,

I am from Scotland and like you I have not told many people. I am not nervous though as John my husband got banded on the 17th March and as you can see that I have two tickers one is mine counting down the days and the other is John's and he has lost over 33Kg, so I know what to expect. John still eats the things that he used to before the only difference is the quantity, he went from eating 2 whole pizza's now can only manage 2 slices. He has given up bread because it sticks, also I have noticed that his taste in food has changed for instance before the op John would have pizza every night if you let him, now even though he still eats pizza he would maybe ask for it once a month, he is actually opting for the healthier things (yippee!!). So that is what convinced me to go for the op as I have tried like other people to lose weight, but I always gain the weight that I had lost and added on a couple of extra kilo's.

Sam

Sam, Thats great that you and your husband are doing this. I am hoping that I can be as successful as him and my husband will do it. he is even more over-weight than I am but he is a bit scared of having it. So I guess i am the guinney pig hahaha.

Look forward to chatting with you about our experiences.

Hi Everyone,

I am getting very nervous now as my surgery is on Monday 11/08/08. How long do you need to take off work? I was hoping to return on the 18/8/08 am I being a little optimistic. I work in an office, and I work with great people who would be there to help with anything I couldn't do. I have only told 1 person at work but they do know I am having an operation of some sort.:)

TessJ, I am not sure how long to take off work but one weeks sounds good to me. When I had my gall bladder removed I was up walking about that day and home the next day and I think pretty much back to normal a couple of days later.

With my lapband my husband is taking 2 days off work and after that I am back to looking after my baby and toddler and the home all alone!!! AGHHH, so I am hoping I can be recovered within 3 days as my baby weighs 9 kilos so is heavy to be lifting in and out of his cot and carrying around.

I don't feel excited or nervous or anything. Its sort of like I dont really believe it's happening. maybe its cause I have been battling my weight all my life so I can't believe that something is happening that could help me put an end to that.

Gosh I really hope it works for me, I hope I am strong enough to stick to the eating plan. I wonder is it a real struggle, like do you have to hold yourself back from eating (cause at the end of the day its my lack of being able to do that that put me in this position to begin with). I see all these people here with massive weight losses, is that just the exception or do we all have the ability to be that successful?

i dont know why I am questioning all this now cause I would never have consented if I didn't believe it would work for me. Maybe i am nervous ha ha ha