Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keeping motivated - Friday morning weigh ins!

I putting it out there as a suggestion:

I know I am going to be one of those who get on the scales everyday. But I'm thinking it's probably going to be a more realistic weigh in for all of us to check our weight on Friday morning, unclothed (and after a pee! Lol!) so we can keept track of each others' weight loss and keep each other motivated.

I know that some will lose faster, and some slower, but the number one rule is: A LOSS IS A LOSS, not matter how small! And hopefully through this, we can help each other with the head hunger.

What do you all think? We can start this Friday for anyone who is on a pre-op diet, is post-op or anyone who just has started eating healthier leading up to their op.

What do you say? Shall we have a regular Friday morning weigh in of the August All-stars??

I'll do it with you Lellow! But I won't start until next week as I start preop this weekend coming! :smile:

I'm in! Fortunately, I've never been a scale watcher (hence my being here :wub: ) so having to report in on Friday mornings will be a good way for me to keep track.

I hope that folks won't obsess too much about their NATURAL FLUCTUATIONS during the week though. All it does is sabotage you :smile:

Lanakila

True Lana. I hear you but having done every diet known to man I'm understanding that weight can fluctuate and I don't take gains or minimal losses to heart! Especially now I have a better understanding of how the band works and that it can take 5 trips or more to figure out the right fill for you and that the weight loss may fluctuate in this time!

Those who may not want to do this should definitely NOT feel pressured into it or if you want a buddy to do it with you could PM them!

But Lellow, I'm in!

Cool! I agree that weight is very subjective until you find restriction, but if we weigh in every Friday, at least we can be here to talk about how our week went and to encourage each other.

Weight has been literally falling off me since I was banded, but I expect that with being on liquids only. I move to smooth mushies today according my Dr's schedule, so expect my weight loss to slow down substantially. The good thing is, I'm now aware of how food affects me, and so if we're meeting every Friday to discuss our week, we're going to support each other and keep each other on track!

Okay, so Friday I'll start a new thread called "Friday Weigh In" and we can all check in in there. I'm the first one to be weighed, since I'm in an earlier timezone, so as soon as I've got my weight, I'll start the thread and wait for the rest of you to join me!

great to have you join us fee!

Yay another to join our little gang of Friday weigh ins! Welcome cutie!

Roheryn, me too! Lol! I hope it never stops!

I also realised that you're in an earlier timezone to me. Did you want to start the Friday weigh in threads from next Friday or did you want me to still do it?

hehehe....I say ya'll should start this Friday!! And people can join in as we go!! I start my preop this weekend though I am supposed to be concreting so I may be way too hungry to be extra vigilant (I technically don't have to start til the Wed) but given it will be 11 deg C here and possibly raining, I don't know if the concrete will happen :thumbup:

CRAP I really should be in bed since it is 11:21PM on a school night!!! But I started watching Threshold... :cool2: