Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much was your first fill? Did you need more?

I had my first fill two days ago. I didn't get any tightness in my chest during the fill but my doctor didn't want to go more than 3 cc. Yesterday I was hungry all day and today I wanted to pig out sooooooo bad...I can keep up my willpower for a while but I'm afraid I'll loose it and bindge on a mountain of junk food...I'm thinking I need to call my doctor on Monday to come in for another fill on Tuesday...

Has anyone else had to go for an extra fill right after their first fill?

I had my first fill two days ago. I didn't get any tightness in my chest during the fill but my doctor didn't want to go more than 3 cc. Yesterday I was hungry all day and today I wanted to pig out sooooooo bad...I can keep up my willpower for a while but I'm afraid I'll loose it and bindge on a mountain of junk food...I'm thinking I need to call my doctor on Monday to come in for another fill on Tuesday...

Has anyone else had to go for an extra fill right after their first fill?

Hi Harvest. I just had my first fill yesterday (7-31). Yesterday I felt as though I hadn't even had a fill. Today I didn't feel much difference except that I did get full again on about 3 ounces. Before this I had a huge hunger. The doc told me that it may take 2-3 days before I feel the full effects of the fill. So I am holding on hoping for this. I also read somewhere on this website that sometimes it takes a few weeks before we feel the full effects!!! Yikes ! I hope not! But anyway, that is what I know about fills. Pam

Hi Harvest, I had my first fill (3cc I have a 9cc band) on Monday. Five days later and I don't feel a thing. I've been on will power and know I've had more than a cup to eat. I called today and made an appt for 8/15. I've lost 21 lbs since surgery but since the surgery swelling went down IT'S BEEN WILL POWER. I'm anxious for this band to kick in and do it's part. good luck

Jan

I have had several fill. 3cc was my first one. I did have to have a slight unfill (I had a kidney stone and because of the vomiting everything swelled and I could no longer eat). I am up to 6.1 in a 10cc band and am hoping this will be good for a while.

I was banded 12/12, have lost 70 pounds and only have 25 maybe 30 more to go!

As you've probably read quite often on this forum, it is very rare to get restriction on your first fill. Most people need at least 2-3 fills before they get where they want to be. It took 5 fills for me, until I had 8 cc's in a 9 cc Realize band. Patience is the key, that's why they call it Bandster Hell. Until then you have to be strong and keep your goal in sight, and try to control your eating! Hang in there, it will all come.... it really will!

I just got my 2nd fill yesterday... got 3 ccs in my VG band (10 or 11 ccs I think) last week and had NO restriction... but had to have a fluro to get to my port as it was deep and hard to get to... but with this second fill... they didn't have any problem getting it... got another 3 ccs yesterday and feel LOTS of restriction... considering going back tomorrow for a slight unfil of about a 1/2 cc... but tonight when I ate a side order of refried Beans and cheese, I ate slow and tiny and it went down without problems... so I think I may wait it out a little while.... I still haven't PB's or slimed since surgery... so maybe what I am just feeling is good restriction... was a little uncomfortable to drink last night or today, but maybe that was just due to swelling.... I will try instant oatmeal for Breakfast and canned chicken for lunch.... So I don't know if I am at my "sweet spot" or not yet, but at least I have restriction so I am close!~... I hope!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/298/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

I go for my first fill tomorrow was told it my last for 1 to 2 days, and not expect any restriction. they have set my next fill for 2 weeks after that. I was told to not expect much until the 4th or 5th fill. My Dad is 3 months ahead of me and just had the first fill that really made him feel like he had one. I am hoping that is dose not take me that long. I am 6 weeks out from the banding and I still do not feel full sometimes.

Hi Harvest, I had my first fill about 2 weeks ago and surgery about 4 weeks before that. I have only lost about 2 lbs. I didn't feel the affects of the first fill for a couple of days. I had 3.4 cc in a 10cc band. My doctor will only do fill once a month. It is hard to patient but you can to and it helps to know we are all in this together. I always love to hear from Northwest Nance as she had great insights and comments. Good luck

i am going in for my third fill next tuesday. i have felt absolutely NO DIFFERENT either of the other two times. i have 7cc in a 14cc band & i told my dr the last time i wanted him to put in 3 instead of 2 but he said no. i hope that i will feel restriction this time cuz willpower alone is not enough for me!!! i wanna feel it like other people do!!! i have never felt sick, pb, slimed, nothing (not that i wanted any of that)...i wanna know that my band is working! i know it is cuz i can only eat 1 cheeseburger when i used to eat 2 :thumbup:---but like i told my dr, i only wanna be able to eat HALF! i still feel as if i can eat ANYTHING i want as if i never was banded but i know at some point i will be a big loser like so many other successful bandsters!!! wish me luck on fill #3!!:biggrin2:

i am going in for my third fill next tuesday. i have felt absolutely NO DIFFERENT either of the other two times. i have 7cc in a 14cc band & i told my dr the last time i wanted him to put in 3 instead of 2 but he said no. i hope that i will feel restriction this time cuz willpower alone is not enough for me!!! i wanna feel it like other people do!!! i have never felt sick, pb, slimed, nothing (not that i wanted any of that)...i wanna know that my band is working! i know it is cuz i can only eat 1 cheeseburger when i used to eat 2 :thumbup:---but like i told my dr, i only wanna be able to eat HALF! i still feel as if i can eat ANYTHING i want as if i never was banded but i know at some point i will be a big loser like so many other successful bandsters!!! wish me luck on fill #3!!:biggrin2:

It is almost one week since I had my first fill, and I don't feel anything either. What a jip! I can eat anything,no restriction, and am ashamed to say that I have eaten way more than I should. Then I stress out about stretching my pouch. It is just so frustrating to work so hard to get the surgery and then recover from it and not feel much of anything. If I wait about an hour after I eat I do feel full on the small amount I've eaten. But it is really hard when I've waited 4 to 5 hours just to eat 2 or 3 ounces and then still be so darned hungry. And THAT is usually when I overeat. My dr won't consider another fill until at least 4 weeks because he said it takes weeks sometimes before you feel the full effects of the fill. This is so hard!

I didn't feel any restriction at all with my first fill.... my fill person gives big fills if we want them.... so with my second one I definately felt it... it may not last, but so far, it's lasted a week. I am very tight in the mornings and it takes a while for me to easily get anything down and I do have a lot of pain in my chest if I don't do things the right way. Once I let the intial liquids or whatever get through, then I am pretty good to go.... I do have to take tiny bites and chew chew chew and not over eat and I am stuffed on 1-1/2 cups of food. It does take some time for people to reach their sweet spot and even when you think you are there it could go away after swelling goes down. Other things like your period each month could make you tighter when you initially weren't.

Kammi in Everett, WA

I guess I am going to have to get another fill as soon as the doc permits. I don't know if he'll give me a big fill but I sure hope so and need one. How much weight do people usually lose after their first or second fill? I could really go for a big drop of pounds right about now.

Surgery was 6-20

i have had 2 fill s, first 4 cc then last week up to fivec c.

It is getting harder to swallow and is quite painful if I eat pieces to large, I feel like I'm eating the same amount as I did even before the surgery , but now I'm hungry all the time or right after eating.

Pre band I was rarely hungry .

Will this get better or am I always going to be hungry?

help...