Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok is it normal, that now that I have the band...I'm worried that something will go wrong/I won't lose the weight/I'll need another surgery....I'm scared and i"m only one day post-op:(

I had those feeling before surgery but not after, though I'm sure many do.

Don't live in fear. Follow your doctor's guidelines and mostly like you won't have any problems.

Hi all

I had worries too and this is what happed to me today

I went to the Dr. today to get a fill

and he couldn't find my port and sent me home with no fill.

I'm bummed because I can either pay $350 for the fill and $380 for the floro or go back to MX and pay $100 plus air fair.

So I'm going back to MX all by myself and hope for the best.

but don't fret this does not happen to all

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is what happened to me

and thats all.

Goog luck to you all and me to!!!

[/b]

oh yes, you are totally normal!!!! I think most people think it for awhile until they 1) start losing 2) are feeling much better from the surgery. I cried all the way home from the hospital the day after. I didn't know what I had done to myself, and why would my DH let me do it. I was much better about a week out, when I realized it was going to be okay, and that I was going to do just fine. Hang in there!!!!! You have done a great thing for yourself!!

But although my 16 pound loss in 5 weeks is hardly anything to laugh about.

Ya think!!!!!

Edited by mns-ortiz

I have had the same issues. At first I worried about screwing up and causing band slippage, port flipping or otherwise damaging my band. Unusal pains during healing would get me to thinking that something is wrong and I will need to go back for surgery.

I have failed at weight loss/maintenance so many times in my life that I still have a hard time believing that this will actually work for me. Sure, it worked for a lot people here but we are talking about me, I will never lose this weight.

If my scale doesn't move for a few days, I get to thinking I did something to ruin the band. Today is my two month bandiversary, I am down 30 pounds...which is pretty impressive to me yet I am still not convinced that I will be a success in the end.

So to answer your question, it is normal to have worries and concerns and you are definietly not alone. :thumbdown:

The same thing happened to me and it surprised me. I felt much worse in recovery than I thought I would. The pre-op waiting at the hospital was anxious torture (sorry, maybe a little dramatic) and then the horrible groggy in and out of reality feeling in recovery. All I could think of was, this sucks so bad, what if I have to do it again for a complication! No, this sucks!

I'm just trying to let that go and trust that this will be a great journey. I am home today and feeling very well, compared to yesterday. Remember the saying don't borrow trouble. So for now I am practicing gratitude for where I am and trying not to over think things. One day at a time.

Good luck!!

OMG!!! your slideshow of your weight loss is such an inspiration. I'm currently going through the process and hope to be banded soon. I'm sooo nervous. I'm scared that I may not loose the weight, but after seeing your slideshow I'm more optimistic about the procedure. Congratulations on weight loss!!!!