Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buffalo NY Delaware Park Walkers

Hey gang, a few of us have talked about the Making Strides for Breast cancer walk, I think October 4 and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. If anyone is interested we can make plans. I hope to do them both.

I will see you all at eight! Debbie

judy,

i will def do both and donna may also

I will be walking on August 23. I will not be walking on the Labor Day Saturday as I will be camping.

I will be back at the park September 6 (Saturday). See you then. Debbie, hope you can make it.

if anyone is going to walk this saturday, let me know. i can walk but if no one else is going to be at the park i will prob walk on the amherst bike path (closer to home)

Hey gang, a few of us have talked about the Making Strides for Breast cancer walk, I think October 4 and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. If anyone is interested we can make plans. I hope to do them both.

Judy, how far are both walks? Where are they? Linda

judy,

there is a walk friday 10/3 at delaware park- it is called light the night. any interest. it is for leukemia/lymphoma society. it is once around- so a short walk for us

I will be at the park this Saturday, September 6. I am interested in all these walks but aren't you suppossed to get pledges? Are there registration fees?

Lets talk about the races on Saturday. Light the night sounds fun. Is the "making strides " walk that same weekend? I have to close down my campsite that weekend too.

We can talk on Sat and figure out what we need to do. See you all then.

i plan on walking sat but it is supp to rain. i will be leaving for vacation after walking

Dang, I really wanted to start this weekend but I have my pre-op stuff.

I have done the Turkey Trot for the past 2 years. I did better my first year, but I come in nearly last or last. I don't care!!! It's tough but doable. I *may* be doing it again this year, it depends if my family goes to Baltimore or my sister continues to come up here.

I *may* show up on the 20th for walking...it'll be the Saturday post-band. The following two weekends are booked with weddings but I also want to start coming to support.

Do the Turkey Trot--it's SO FUN!!!

judy,

if its raining i wont be there

judy,

if its raining i wont be there

OK, call me in the morning if the weather is questionable. I will call Nicki and Linda.

Of course if it is pouring we would all know!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches