Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else freaking out??

To all. I am right there with you. There are so many variables. I go in tomorrow and I am thinking about all the possible bad things that could go wrong. And then I start thinking about all the possible great things that will change.

Don't worry you are not alone in this one!

Keep your chin up!

C~

It is nice to see that others are feeling the same way. I was thinking I was alone and freaking out. I just keep thinking about all the great things that will come with this lifestyle change!

In the morning I will find out what time I am scheduled for surgery on the 5th. Kind of hope it is bright and early so I can cross over to bandland and come home and sleep in my own bed!

When I think too much on the what if's I answer with what if I don't (health wise)...and also take great pleasure in looking at catalogues and when i'm out shopping I look at all of the cool clothes that I will be able to buy in the future!!!

Oh you are so right! I took my kids shopping for school clothes at JCPenney's on Saturday and, as I walked through the women's department, I was overwhelmed with joy as I looked through the sea of choices that will be available. I am so ready to say good-bye to Lane Bryant and tell them where to put their $50 gift cheques!

I'm starting to feel calmer now. Hopefully I can stay this calm until tomorrow.

Fashionable clothes!! I can't wait...I may actually look forward to clothes shopping in the future.

Also I watched this on You tube and got really emotional (not one to cry at something that is just a persons pictures but it was the other thoughts that were running through my head and the hope for the future!).......so I figure I am regularly going to watch peoples progress photo youtube postings and get inspired!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjNKjdIR1U&feature=related]YouTube - My transformation[/ame]

I'm getting a bit nervous too. 11 days to go. It is strange to think how our life and eating habits will change after the band.

My surgeon does not require a pre-op diet AT ALL... so unique to most of you, their is nothing different about my eating habits before my date...

I am spending 30 min on the treadmill and 50 stomach crunches every morning to help prepare me for post op recovery... Anyone else exercising pre-op?

I did it and I can not believe I was so nervous... It was a walk in the park. I'm home now three days. I had the surgery Fri. stayed overnight and came home Sat. I have to say eating is forced. I'm not at all hungry. I'm able to cook for my husband with no problem. This is a sweet adventure. Little discomfort and no nausea.. I'm happy happy happy.....:smile::smile2::wub::smile2::w00t::smile2::lol::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Cathrine, I am so happy for you! Glad everything went well for you. I am leaving tomorrow morning for pre op blood work and since we live 2 hours from the hospital we are spending the night and then will have surgery Wed sometime. I don't have a time yet, hoping it will be early. Wish me luck!

Thanks it means everything to me.. I know you will do well... I know this sounds silly but enjoy it.. They are there for you and let me tell you it was a good thing... I could not believe how everyone kept congratulating me. Yes and telling me how jealous they are. They want it too. I had all those thought too. I almost backed out. My friend said that is because we aren't used to doing things for ourselves and we feel like we don't deserve it. So remember you are worth it... You do deserve it just go for it....

I'm getting very, very nervous.

I'm nervous that something will come back in the blood work we did Friday and they'll cancel the surgery.

I'm nervous that I'll suddenly develop a fever on Thursday morning and they'll cancel.

I'm nervous that I won't lose weight afterward, there will be complications, I will never be able to eat my favorite foods again, or that I might even die! LoL!

And then I have moments of perfect calm where I know everything will be fine. It's sort of a roller coaster with me!

:biggrin2::cool2: Finished at 230 pm today. Now 11 pm and I'm still waiting for the first unpleaseant:biggrin2:. Of course my fingers tingle and feel like hams, making typing a chore. Like someone said, relax and enjoy.:thumbup:

It's after one in the morning and I can't sleep. I am leaving my house at eight am to head to the hospital in Dallas, two hours from my home, for pre op blood work. Since I live so far from the hospital I'll spend the night and have surgery the next day. I did not realize how nervous I was until I began packing. Wow, this is really happening. I keep wondering if I am doing the right thing...will this really work for me? I am so afraid of failing I can't stop thinking about it. I am going to try and stop worrying and get some sleep. Thanks for letting me ramble.

I've been doing pretty good as far as being nervous goes but, I have to tell you it's starting to kick in! Shebly were together on Wednesday, I'll be thinking of you. My surgery is at 9:30am!!! I can't wait! Man as I'm sitting here really thinking about it the butterflies are REALLY kicking in!

Roheryn - I remember seeing that you tube video too! I love watching those, do you know if that girl had Lab Band surgery? Just curious.

Edited by cutiew/booty

If it helps I barely slept the night before the operation. I was all nerves! I got up at 1am after tossing and turning before hand, and didn't nod off again until close to 3am.

Even in the 2 days right after surgery, when I was sore and full of gas, I wondered why I did this to myself. But 4 days on (yes that's only 2 days extra) I've feeling like this is it, this is the change I've been waiting for. I've lost 5lbs since surgery already and I KNOW they're gone forever.

Just remember why you're reaching for that brass ring, gorgeous ones!

Thanks Lellow!!

Cutie, I am not sure now that you mention it...I searched you tube on 'lap band photos' and came across it so ... I thought Lap band