Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else freaking out??

I am a week from my surgery and starting to have neg. thoughts...:lol:. What if this doesn't work for me either?? What if I am spending a TON of money and then don't lose weight this way either? I know, if I do what I am supposed to do, I will. But it is pretty darn scary. Anyone else in this with me? Or I am I just being paranoid?:thumbup:

I totally feel the same way! When the hospital called Friday to set up my pre-op tests I started to get very nervous. I can't stop thinking about all the what ifs. I know that this can work, but now that it is so close I'm not sure that I can make it work for me. I start my liquid diet on Wed and I'm nervous about messing that up too. The guidelines for my pre op diet are very vague so it is up to me to decide what to drink for a week. I hope this all works out. Good luck to you on the 5th, I'm right behind you on the 6th.

Tonni I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!! I think the negative thoughts are normal...I hope because I've got them also... My surgery is this Friday and I just want to get this show on the road... Good Luck These Posts have been a real life saver..:)

I have been feeling the same way. I think with so many failures behind me I really am starting to doubt if this time it will really work. I know it is all a head game right now. I am really ready for this life change and that is what I keep coming back to when the self-doubt starts.

Positive thoughts ladies - we are on our way to lookin' great!

I'm a little freaked out, but I just look at my boys and realize that I have to do this for myself, but for them too. If I don't try this then the other alternative is to keep getting bigger and unhealthier and who knows what. We can do this ladies and gents, we have to do this. The alternative is unthinkable. Just think in a few months we will be well on our way to making our outsides match our insides. Keept the faith, we will be ready for swimsuit season next year:) Keep coming to the site and let's get each other through this. Good luck everyone! Moe

Yeah I'm a little freaked out. My surgery is in 3 days.

But I've made a definite decision. And that is, that even if the band doesn't work to control my hunger, I am never ever going to allow my hunger to control me again. The last 2 and a bit weeks on the pre-op diet have been hard, but it's also hardened my resolve. I will keep getting filled until I find proper restriction, I will ensure that I eat well, I will exercise.

And I will lose this weight.

And I know you all will too.

Hey Lellow! A half a world apart, but I'll be thinking of you(and praying for you) as they roll us into the OR on Friday:) Good luck! Moe

Moe, I'll be thinking of you too! And all the other August 1st banders! This is it, the time is almost upon us.

I'll post early Friday morning before I go into hospital to wish you luck again. :eek:

i've taken a first class trip to crazyland. spent the last day obsessively reading "failure" posts -- folks posting about how they've not lost weight, no matter what they do.

i'm still planning on going through with the surgery but, jeez, could i make myself even nutier with the self doubt and second guessing?

Hey all you August bandsters, just relax. When i got the call from doctor's office with the surgery date, I freaked out too. I was so excited up until they called me with the date. I was fine and you will be too. I posted a similar thread when my surgery date got closer and someone replied to me that "it's just another day at the office for your doctor!" That really seemed to calm me down. I am almost 1 month post op and feel great with no regrets! Just continue to keep your goal in mind and you will all do fine! Good luck to you on your weightloss journey!

I didn't think it would happen, but I am really starting to panic and have anxiety issues. My surgery is Tuesday morning and my head won't stop churning all the "what-ifs". How do I calm down?

It's Sunday afternoon, August 3, and the clock is ticking toward a tomorrow morning happening. I'm torn between continuing on the liquid diet or binging on a thick grilled steak like the rest of my family is doing. After losing more than 400 pounds in my life, I've drawn a line in the sand and drink a Protein drink. No more buffets for David.

Just wish it was 24 hours later so I could type how great it went and how wonderful I feel. For now I'm scared spitless just like for every elective surgery I've had in the past...shoulder, hip replacement. It's the anticipation and worry about how many other attempts have failed. Most of us can expect that.:teeth_smile:

Don't fret honey, I'll think of you with every bite of my steak! I guess that there is an advantage to being 25 days pre-op, even though I'm really whiny about being "behind" right now.

Toe the hard line and stick to the liquids. The band is so close you should be able to "taste" sweet success already :teeth_smile:

It's normal to be freaked out. You are making a good choice by having this done. You will be SO happy you did it. I felt the same way. Good luck!!

It's Sunday afternoon, August 3, and the clock is ticking toward a tomorrow morning happening. I'm torn between continuing on the liquid diet or binging on a thick grilled steak like the rest of my family is doing. After losing more than 400 pounds in my life, I've drawn a line in the sand and drink a Protein drink. No more buffets for David.

Just wish it was 24 hours later so I could type how great it went and how wonderful I feel. For now I'm scared spitless just like for every elective surgery I've had in the past...shoulder, hip replacement. It's the anticipation and worry about how many other attempts have failed. Most of us can expect that.:biggrin:

Hang in there. the 24 hours before are crazy. Stick to your liquids, you'll be glad you did. I was ready to lose my mind the night before, but you will make it and you will succeed. We are all pulling for you and have great hopes for you tomorrow. Take care and keep us posted. You can do this! If you feel like eating, post, don't eat and we will do our best to support you. Take care band-brother:) Moe