Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its almost here! EEEEK!

Hi everyone.. its almost here.. I have to be at the surgery center at 530a tomorrow morning!! someone please tell me this is all worth it because I am so nervous!.. my husband who is a medical student was explaining intibation to me yesterday and I was like a little kid with my hands over my ears going 'lalala' its interesting stuff.. until it happens to you!!

I have so much to do to get ready and I am fighting off all these fears..

eeeeek!

Is it worth it. OMG! I would do it again and again to feel like I do now. For the first time in my live, I now eat to live, not live to eat.

Hi there, good luck tomorrow. I've been banded 2 years and I'm 15-30 lbs from goal. Not sure where I'll end up. My throat was sore from being incubated (spelling) so they gave me throat spray to numb my throat. It was pretty bad. Just an FYI. You may feel some restriction early on but that typically goes away. Don't feel bad if you don't lose too much weight post op, especially when you move to solids. You will lose more with a few fills. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. BTW, I plateaued for 7 months and recently started losing again on the Weight Watchers core program. Its high Protein, fruit and vegies, 3k a week extra for carbs, alcohol, etc. I lost 5 lbs last week and love it. Good luck tomorrow!

Sweetie, please don't fret! It is so worth it... I can only speak from my own experiece but it's SO worth it, and I'm only 3 weeks post op... I have already lost over 10 pounds (maybe more, I have weiged myself this week) but I can tell you that no matter what, it's worth it. My surgery and recovery has been such a smooth transiton... I will say a little prayer for you tonight, and don't worry... everything will be wonderful... I promise! Send us a note when you get home tomororw and let us know how you're feeling... :biggrin:

Hugs,

Chi Town Susie!

Hi New2me!

I too will be in your shoes very soon and already feel like you do today. I keep telling myself that I don't want to be out of control with food any longer and I don't want to be unhealthy. But you are so young you will have even more benefits than I! Don't look back! This is your time to succeed. We are all behind you!

Joan

I'm up tomorrow too... I have to be at my hospital at 8:25 am. Clear liquids today... I'm kinda hungry, but it's actually quite surprising just how filling lime Jell-O can be! What was really shocking to me was how easy it was to say goodbye to food for a while... I sort of thought I'd want to go eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's or 9 or 10 chocolate chip Cookies last night, but I actually had no desire for that junk at all. I have not been on a liquid diet pre-op, just a high-protein one which wasn't that hard, really.

Good luck to you tomorrow!!!

Me to... I'm so nervous. Saw Dr. Vierra yesterday for my pre-op and I can tell you I really am apprehensive.. I fell so bad I had to do this.. I ,too, want control in my life... Ten years ago I lost 78 lbs. and got down to a 125 and loved it for 3 years and I had to have surgery and lost my routine and away it all went. I could not get it back. I'm so afraid of failing. I want to do well I really do. One more thing did any of you have problems with you friends and family. I'm tired of the comments. Your not that over weight. You should just get Jenny Craig or something. But they all can tie their shoes. My friends almost seem like they don't want to deal with me different.. One even said don't change a thing you are fine...NOT...

Julie, I see you are on WW core with the band, I am thinking of doing it, I have books from last year where I started WW meetings but then dad got sick with cancer and I had to stop going to the meetings.

Am i correct in thinking you can eat any fruits listed when you are hungry and not have to count the points? Thanks for any info.

Lapbandfan

It is good to hear you are doing well after surgery, but I'm sorry about the gas pains. From all the posts I have read, walking is the best thing to get rid of the gas. Luckily I didn't have that much of a problem with it. Please continue to update on your progress.

Good luck! My surgery is Tuesday the 29th. I'm starting to get a little nervous. I weigh 222 lbs, with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I'm excited, but worried at the same time....Kathy

I'm 12 days away from my band day...I just find myself reading and reading and reading what everyone says. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. I'm very excited, but have some of the same fears as everyone else. I can tell you this...I KNOW it's going to be worth it! Keep us informed on how you do! I hope the gas pains go away soon!