Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I recently tried the Dreyers Slow Churned Low fat Ice Cream and it was the smoothest creamiest ice cream I've ever had. Totally compared to Cold Stone Creameries yummy ice cream. Cold Stones has something like 500 calories a serving but the Slow Churned had 105 a serving. SOOO GOOOD! I'm not normally a big ice cream love but once in awhile I get in the mood for it.

I usually go for the Blue Bunny s/f.... but this one you mentioned sounds delish! Cant wait to try it!

And dont worry Teresa, I love ice cream enough for the two of us :)

Icecream is a MUST HAVE summer food for me. I've been nibbling on those klondike slim-s-bear bars and they are yummy!

Here's my question thought: Are they considered a liquid because they melt? I've been eating one from time to time after dinner and I wonder I'm breaking a "No drinking" bandster rule.

Please advise!

Ice cream. Holy moly. That's my biggest issue in the whole entire world. MUST HAVE MASS QUANTITIES.

I wonder if it's cuz when I was a kid, we didn't get junk food at all. None. Gross liver & hard crunchy lima Beans for us. Once every blue moon the "Momster" bought 1/2 gallon, and there were four of us. Nobody's eyes would leave that container, and she'd use a knife and slice through carton and all and give us each 1/4 of the ice cream with the box still around it. Now I have to eat the whole container or I'll surely die.

But my band surgeon told me I'm never allowed to eat low fat or fat free food again because they replace the flavor by adding extra sugar. I'll have to check out some labels.

Good job jack, I don't think I've seen onederland since I was 12. LOL. Lisa, I also saw some low carb ice creams that were comparable in calories but they were also low sugar low fat. I saw some low fat ice cream sandwiches at costco today called "Skinny Cow" I think. Anyone try or hear of them? They only had something like 115 calories a sandwich. My teeth are kind of sensitive so cold things on them make me wince. I've always been that way. Once in awhile I'll get a craving for ice cream or better yet, a milkshake but normally straight chocolate is my biggest problem. I can even buy the cases of muffins and danishes at Costco for my hubby and roommate(what do they have? something like 500 calories apiece) and I can totally stay out of them. I do love Cookies and brownies though. I really must not make those except on the rarest of occassions and with a crowd so I don't have any left overs. Anyway definitely try that slow churned stuff. I've never had anything so creamy. Best wishes, Teresa

Thanks for the tip Teresa. I was wondering about the Slow churned stuff. I am a little nervous about having the whole half gallon around though...old habits die hard, ya know.

I have had Skinny cows. They are pretty good. I like the mint flavor. If you don't eat them pretty soon after you buy them they do tend to warp in your freezer though. I think the cookie part gets too much liquid and gets soft. They are good to eat with a sppon though.

My current favorite is the Weight Watchers Cookies and Cream Bars. They are individually wrapped which is good for self control. They are sooooo tasty. Even my husband likes them.

P.S. Teresa--I know it's not low fat, but how is the Tillamooke Ice Cream? When I visited last weekend I saw it in the store. The marionberry pie flavor looked to die for.

Teresa....oh wow....yeah, I've tried that slow churned stuff and it's awesome! In the past I've never been a big ice cream person, but it's now my treat of choice.

Jack, Teresa.....is there another get-together going to happen?

Hey Jack,

I work nights so yeah...can fit in a mid-day meeting. That week is my long week (I'll come home Thursday morning to start my weekend). But on the 8th (what time is your appt in Portland? If you get a fill, will you be able to eat?) I can go home and sleep until noon....meet like at 12:30 or so (think the Coburg place is only open til 2...Teresa?) and then come home and rest up a bit more before work at 6. Otherwise I always have Fridays off and all day on Thursday...every other one.

Let me know.

Hi you two,

I would love another get together. It would be a lot easier for me if we met after my chemistry final is done with. I have that on the 8th. My friend Tracey would like to meet as well but would have to have a couple weeks notice so she can get her mom to watch the daycare kids. Once school is out, I'm a lot more free. The coburg place is good because that Soup always goes down easy and their quiche is to die for. They (the resteraunt) got this monsterous BBQ thing out there now and are stinking up the whole neighborhood with heavenly luscious smells of cooking meat. I swear there have been a couple of times I've drooled and thought about trying to sneak a piece off their grill. LOL... How about lunch on June 15th (wednesday) at 1 pm? Does that work for you both?

Heather Tillamook Ice Cream is BLISSFUL, expecially that marionberry pie thing. I guess there is a support group meeting in Salem on the 1st thursday evening of every month (I think) too just in case anyone is interested. I have a friend that deals with a bunch of portland get togethers so I still need to contact her about what their schedule is like.

Actually Wed 6/15 1 PM works good for me too. That will be my short week and I start my weekend that morning so no worries of going to work that night.

Darcey, T, and Jack....I can't believe I am about to join your ranks as a fellow Oregonian...yippee. I will be arriving on June 11th.

So, what is your favorite flavor of the slow churned goodness?

Teresa--Glad to hear about the Tillamook yumminess. My husband is dying to take a tour of their factory. How far is Salem from Portland? Also, I would love to find out about Portland support groups if you are able to get any info. Thanks.

Hey Teresa....found the Slow Churned stuff at Safeway...buy one, get one free. My son and mom even liked it!