Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone take Alli with meals? Seems like it would help if anything with fat is eaten. Thanks.

I have never tried it but I did consider before banding. A lot of people said they found success with it.

However, I decided once I was banded that I will not take diet control supplements on top of being banded. Eating healthy is my focus and I have taken the four letter word "diet" out of my vocabulary.

I made the same decision you did, Heather. Except I don't really have restriction yet and it's hard not to call what I'm doing "dieting"... but I'm hoping that once I feel some restriction I will just make healthy choices, eat my meals and not obsess on it.

I tried Alli but never used it consistently enough to get any results. I had some left over after being banded and I offered it to my sister, but she'd tried it and found she was really sensitive to it, it had her running to the bathroom (and not always making it in time) even if she ate just a small amount of fat. So she said, anyway. So we tossed it.

It probably can't hurt if you want to give it a try.

My only concern is that Alli can also absorb nutrients, so with the reduced food intake you want to keep all the nutrients you can. I would advise you to ask the doctor about it first. You don't want to lose any hair or have dry skin. :)

I am not a very good pill taker, so Alli was never a good option for me. I cut out almost all of the fat from my diet and it still had me running to the bathroom . .. and it was NOT pretty. So, since the side effects were gross anyways, I decided that it was probably a good thing that I forgot to take my pills.

My sister takes them and she seems to have good results with them.

For me . . . I got my one true ally . . . my band. I'm done with pills. Now I try to remember to take my liquid Vitamin and I'm working hard at eating right and exercising.

Since I workout for 60 minutes everyday and eat 1100 calories or less, I don't think I need a pill, too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches