Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crying after apt today

I am so thankful to each and every one of you that posted a reply. I have been given lots of things to consider. Right now I am just moving ahead adn doing my liquids and my Water aerobics and will revisit the doc in one month. So glad to have this board to come to. Been doing a lot of research and am thinking if I can have it done for the same price I will do the sleeve.

Yes, this board is great. It's so wonderful that so many people can come here and share their experiences.

Yes, this board is great. It's so wonderful that so many people can come here and share their experiences.

Well, Im not crying, but not happy either. Im sooooooooo tired of my stomach hurting all the time, never has stopped. Now I have a incision that looks infected, might have to go see a doctor and cant eat regular food for a whole month. Laying in bed this morning, 1 month was stretching pretty long in front of me. Its all well and good for someone who is thru it to say, they did it so we can too, but Im still at the point 3 weeks is a very long time. Im 2 days short of 2 weeks.

Well, Im not crying, but not happy either. Im sooooooooo tired of my stomach hurting all the time, never has stopped. Now I have a incision that looks infected, might have to go see a doctor and cant eat regular food for a whole month. Laying in bed this morning, 1 month was stretching pretty long in front of me. Its all well and good for someone who is thru it to say, they did it so we can too, but Im still at the point 3 weeks is a very long time. Im 2 days short of 2 weeks.

If your stomach hurts this far out and you have a potential infection, something is wrong and you need to contact your doctor. I will tell you that many believe they might have an infection and instead it is a seroma. This is something your doc can take a look at and tell you one way or another. A seroma will drain clear to "port wine" colored stuff and be annoying, an infection will drain in color usually. But your doc will be able to tell the difference.

As for not eating, it isn't that nobody has empathy for you, we do. Been there twice myself through a pre op diet. I'll just tell you that it is possible to get through this and it will be worth it in the end. Nobody said this would be easy, it isn't. But it is necessary.

Hey wasabubblebutt,

tell me more about your sleeve & Dr. Please.

I don't know how to email on here I hope you get this. I really need to talk to you.:eek::crying: I'm really frustrated

Amy

If your stomach hurts this far out and you have a potential infection, something is wrong and you need to contact your doctor. I will tell you that many believe they might have an infection and instead it is a seroma. This is something your doc can take a look at and tell you one way or another. A seroma will drain clear to "port wine" colored stuff and be annoying, an infection will drain in color usually. But your doc will be able to tell the difference.

Nothing is draining. Its red in color, especially on either end of the stiches that are right above my belly button. I was able to take it easy, but today was back in and out of the car and the bank themometer said 100 degrees. Its also a place that is easily rubbed by everything.

I think if you hit on WasA's name in the left hand corner, it will bring you to a screen that says send an email to her. It's delivered through lap band talk, but it goes to her email address.

If she doesn't come back to this thread for awhile, feel free to ask me anything. I am not a nurse, but I know about the problems she had with the band and how much she loves her dr.

My starting BMI was 61.9 weight was 419

I am on a 6 month diet for insurance but my doc does have a 3 month diet for his patients.

I just started month 4 about 29 minutes ago so far I have lost 20.5 lbs.

I didn't have to lose but I am but I can't gain back to what I started at.

For his newer patients he wants them to lose 10% of their body weight.

Even high BMIers can get banded, don't listen to the RNY talk.