Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does everyone do for a living?

I am a grad student. I am going into my 2nd semester now for Public Admin.

I also work fulltime @ a company that outsources to mortgage companies. In my dept we research property taxes.

I'm a secretary for Michigan State Univeristy Extension. I'm a mother of two.

I am working on my volunteer hours to be a Certified Master Gardener. My DH opened up his own automotive repair business and works really long hours. I feel like a single mom most days.

Hi everyone,

My name is Anna and have just started the process of getting banded. I have so many questions, many of which I have found answers to in this wonderful forum. The more I read the more questions I develope though. I would love to hear from Wendy in IL. I too, am looking at having Dr. Van Wagner do my surgery. I hope to hear from you soon.

Questions:

- Unitedhealthcare Ins (coverage if bariatric surg is non-contracted)

- Regrets?

- Complications? Etc.,

Additionally, I eat for so many reasons other than hunger. I have given up on dieting. I can't even develope the motivation to do it anymore. Looking better and fitting into a smaller size is desirable but I just want to be healthy now. I wonder how/if the band will give me a sensation of fullness to the point that I will not want to overeat anymore. I understand the machanics of it but how does the band motivate you to change a lifetime of bad behavior with food.< /p>

Help,:help:

Anna

i'm a personal assistant to a famous chef. sounds glamourous, right? not so much. it's like babysitting a very rich, very eccentric, very absent-minded but brillant man. LOL. p.s. no, i can't tell ya'll who it is. :rolleyes

I work in tech support for a major ISP, I'm not doing so much the tech support on the phone part now anymore (Thank GOD)...i'm behind the scenes monitoring network outages, working escalated issues..etc.

WOW, just found this thread and am enjoying it so much! I co-own and run a home-care agency that provides care for the elderly and home-bound. In my free time I work with rescued dogs at the local shelter, and I also tutor illiterate adults in reading. It keeps me busy while waiting for my sons to give me grandkids!

Karen

Currently I work part time from home taking orders over the phone for things, like pizza or for stuff sold on informercials. I get to set my schedule and hours so that is awesome.

I am also a part time grad student in Library Science- I hope to be full time in the fall. Right now I am working on my health which involves the band. In addition to that I have other health problems-- fibromyalgia/CFS, narcolepsy, etc. and I am working on getting those treating and getting my health to improve so I can handle full time grad school. So this means I go to a lot of doctors apointments :sick and there are things like allergy shots twice a week and other apointments and stuff I should make and go to like chiro and accupuncture for pain and all that but I need a lull in my healthcare marathon and the pain is the same as its been for the past year-- its manageable.

When I finish up my masters in Library Science I will either have my teaching certificate or need to get one because I ultimatley want to be a school librarian. So the master/cert is what I am working on now! If I can't be a school librarian then I want to be a youth/children's librarian. I'm obcessed with children's lit! I saw there were a few special ed teachers on here. I am particularily interested in twice exception kids as an underserved population, actually. I was one. I have an LD and I was gifted. My brother has severe disabilities and I have worked as an aid a couple times when I was in college. Then after I finish up the masters I think I might not look for a job, but instead my hubby and I might see about having a baby. I figure while we are working on that I might be able to start work on a certificate (and eventually a masters) in children's lit. And then I'm sure there will be no way we can afford to have me stay in school any longer so I will probably want to find one of those full time jobs I've heard so much about :) Maybe someday get another degree or phd... time will tell. Previous to what I do now I was a babysitter for a few years while I worked on my undergrad-- I got that degree in May.

DH is a computer guy. He is a network server architecture adminstrator. That means he works for a large university and gets to be in charge of all this big servers and programs for them and other things makes pretty decent pay.

I'm in the United States Air Force...best job on earth. Retiring in 3 yrs, then I'll persue my degree background in Human Resouces....:)!

I am an RN working part-time in pediatrics on a 30 bed adolescent unit. I am also a full time mother of 4 fantastic children-3 boys ages 14,12,and 8 and a girl-6 years old. I love both of my jobs-Gigi

I am a Manager of Medical Managment covering three states in the largest health care company in the US.

Currently I work part time from home taking orders over the phone for things, like pizza or for stuff sold on informercials. I get to set my schedule and hours so that is awesome.

Kyethra, where do you see about getting a job like yours? PM me if you'd like. Thanks