Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have An Option-need Your Advice

I have to tell ya, I would not want my port there.... I think it would bug me.... Just my two cents..... As far as a scar, you can't even see mine unless you are looking for it... I hope this helps you... Good luck in your jurney...

I would not want my port in that location of just below the bellybutton. I think it would hinder your ab workouts. Just my opinion.

Penni- Do you really think it would? I know you said so but do me a favor- because my back is out - please lie down & do a crunch. I measured it with a tape measurer- its 4" down from the belly button & to the right 2 1/2"s.. Do you still think that isn't wise? I really value all your guys opinions. Its just that when I used to do sit-ups (along time ago) it was more my upper stomach that hurt the next day . Another wayto pin point where I was talking about is that its 3" above the my hair line (not my head-lol)

Well I still seriously can't make up my mind. My girlfriend said they've come up with a new Tummy Tuck that gathers all the skin into the belly button instead of the old chop & crop method. I think I will call my plastic surgeon & ask him what he thinks has well.

Please keep the opinions coming!

Mine's in the usual slightly above bb & to the left. It's hard to imagine it below, cause I already had a Tummy Tuck due to other surgery (not weight related). I'm gonna need revision on the tuck when I finish losing and the port would then be in the way. I saw my plactic surgeon the other day. He said "20 more lbs. & you can wear a bikini. I told him the only bikini I'm wearing is in the underpants department.

If you think a tt is in your future, I would definately check if port position would matter in your case. Also, sometimes I too get a pull or cramp in the port area, and i think it would be worse if it were lower. That's just me, though. Let us know.

I imagine the proposed location could make fills a little less convenient cuz you'd have to pull down your pants.

I guess I wouldn't agonize over it too much more. If it appeals to you, go for it!

Some other things to consider are:

1. When you are down in that area there are female organs close by, will that affect or interfer with any x-rays or sonograms of the organs?

2. If pregnant and you have to have a C-section will the port or tubing be in the way and will the OB-GYN know enough/be willing to operate with a tube/port in that area?

3. On me, at least, there is more weight pushing down in that area-especially when sitting--will that increased weight cause undue discomfort-or even worse cause the port to try and rip out of the muscle wall- especially if you have to sit for long times?

All said- I would be very leary of changing the port location from the standardized ones in use today. Chances are you would be okay to change it, but if it was me doing it I would always think of how stupid I was for going with a different location and then having problems with it. It could require a surgery to relocate again and I would not want another surgery at all.

Hope this gives you some things to consider.

T

hey christina,

congrats! your finally able to get your band.

these little incisions look like nothing, mine are already starting to fade, and i'm 3 months post-op.

besides, these little scars, think of them as battle wounds..and what u went threw to get them...hehe

keep me posted

carla.

Mine is out of my way on my left side just a few inches up and over from my belly button. I like it there and am not having problems with it in the way. I would let Dr. go with normal placement that he is comfortable with. that way you will be less likely to have problems later. Either way with a bikini on you will see some type of scar... no matter where your port is.

To everyone following this post- THANK YOU for all your thought. After much consideration _ I decided to go with the regular position of above the bikkni line & to the right or left . Basically where ever the Doctor wants it.

Much thanks to everyones advice, especially BIG T - i think your comments solidified my decision. I am more worried about a c-section than anything else in the future.

I did call my plastic surgeon about TT complications-has soon has he returns my call & let ya all know what he said.