Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uplifting and Positive Thoughts ONLY . . .

It breaks my heart to read so many threads about the awful things people have said to so many fellow bandsters. There are so many unsupportive and misinformed people out there who are raining on people's parades. I was so fortunate to have super supportive people around me when I announced my desire for the surgery and later when I actually had it done.

I thought this could be a place where we could share all of the wonderful and positive things that are happening in our lives. I'll start . . . but I'd love to hear yours . . .

- I went on vacation and lost 3 pounds instead of gaining 10.

- I'm down 2 whole pant sizes.

- I have more energy.

- I'm happier.

- I'm not a slave to Diet Coke or the drive-thru anymore.

- I exercise.

- I went to lunch with a group of ladies and ate the least out of everyone (never would have happened before).

- I am starting to like my body.

Can I just say that I L-O-V-E my band???!!!!????!!!!!! If I can do this, so can ANYONE. What are your positives right now???

It breaks my heart to read so many threads about the awful things people have said to so many fellow bandsters. There are so many unsupportive and misinformed people out there who are raining on people's parades. I was so fortunate to have super supportive people around me when I announced my desire for the surgery and later when I actually had it done.

I thought this could be a place where we could share all of the wonderful and positive things that are happening in our lives. I'll start . . . but I'd love to hear yours . . .

- I have more energy.

- I'm happier.

- I exercise.

- I went to lunch with a group of ladies and ate the least out of everyone (never would have happened before).

Can I just say that I L-O-V-E my band???!!!!????!!!!!! If I can do this, so can ANYONE. What are your positives right now???

Great job and congratulations!!

I have a new life and I am so happy now! There are so many things that I am happy about and thankful for!

I agree this is a supportive place and only happy thoughts! :wink2:

I went camping over the weekend and ate like there was no tomorrow. I gained 2 lbs and have already lost them!

A guy told me I have a nice butt. That was a nice NSV!

- I have more energy.

- I'm happier.

- I exercise.

Congrats to you....

I also love my band. I love that I can get up every morning and walk three miles and I also walk 5 miles every night without getting tired. I also love that I get full after a half of cup of food without a fill. I also lost 40 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks and lost 3 dress sizes. Like I say to the people who knew I get the band, I you have any negetive things to say about me being banded, don't say anything at all.... Once again, I LOVE MY BAND!!!

I've only been banded for 2+ months and I already LOVE my band!!

I've never been complimented so much in such a small amount of time.

I love how much money I'm saving on groceries.

I love not sweating after only walking 100 feet.

I love the fact that I sleep SO much better at night.

My list could go on and on and on... Can you imagine what I'd have listed if I had been banded a year ago???

- I have more energy.

- I'm happier.

- I exercise.

Banding was the smartest thing I have ever done for myself. I now feel like I have control, I smile in the mirror each day and I am proud that I cared enough about myself to go through with it. My victories are small weight wise but huge in the self esteem department. The best thing is that I will never see those extra pounds again....EVER.

I so agree with you. I thought to myself the other day, I am a good person and a wonderful mother and I believed it. I was able to keep my mind from wondering and discrediting the good efforts that I put forward in life. Life is Good and I SO believe it. I feel blessed beyond belief.

All the best,

Aimee

I totally agree with you guys. I love my band. It is the most positive thing I have done for myself in years. I feel so much better and have so much energy not to mention I am off my B/P meds and my back feels better. I am on my feet all day at work and used to drag when I got home, I could barely make it up the steps to the house. Now I hardly ever sit down in the evenings except to get on lapbandtalk.com... WOO HOO I feel alive!!

Instead of saying...I love my band, I say I love me! I love myself for taking control of my life once and for all!!! Just wait until I finally get restriction!!! WOOO WHOOO!!!

Wow you all totally rock.i have not been banded yet.but sooon.i look for some positive and it is like everyone is bit--ing. I look forward to the day my husband says wow you look great.or somesay you have nice butt. I won't the old me back..if not for me than my grandbabies..lets "banded" together and stay positive.

:sad:I have been viewing this site for about 3 mos now.I just joined today.I had a huge disscusion with my sister and mother today.They both are totally against me having the surgery. I think it will be great for me. I need to lose about 80 to 100 lbs. And i'm totally open to changing my life. I'm a little sad becuase they make me feel like I'm crazy for wanting to change my life.I just want them to be positive. I want to go to Dr.Trace.I live in Columbus. My sis lives in Cinncinatti.How do like him and your expeirience so far.