Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roller Coasters!!!

i love this thread! i am so glad you made friends AND got to go on the coasters together! this will be one of my big NSVs, tho it will be a while for me (i haven't been under 200 since i was 18 and i am 46 now)!

i am in michigan -- maybe i can hook up with you on next year's trip!!!

Two weeks ago we went to California's Great America and I got on just about every roller coaster and ride there. Last week we went to Discovery Kingdom and went on several coasters there as well. Absolutely no pain or discomfort. As a matter of fact I wanted to go on more but the park closed. Go, ride the coasters and revel in the pleasure that you will not have to take "the walk of shame"!!! It is truly a wonderful feeling to know that you can ride and not be looked down on because of your weight. Have a great time!!

Hi Everyone! My name is Mary

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how it felt when you were on the rollar coaster. Did it hurt your band or your stomach at all?

I am going to Cedar Point Amusement Park next month and I LOVE the roller coasters! I just can't get this image out of my head of my stomach coming up through my band or my band slipping because of the g-force or whatever it's called. My doctor laughed and said I will be fine but still........I am not crazy......really! LOL:lol:

I would appreciate any input!

Everything was fine for Juli and i when we went.

You'll be fine. The only difference I found is that it hurt my 40 year old head more than it did my 20 year old self.

Take some tylenol with you!

Enjoy yourself! Come back and tell us which was your favorite coaster!

Wow! What a great thread.

I sooo cant wait until I can get my fat booty in a roller coaster. It has been so long, I can barely even remember what it was like.

I used to Visit Great America in Santa Clara about ten times every summer growing up. It was like my second home, until one day I couldn’t fit into one of the coasters. It was incredibly embarrassing, I can’t even begin to tell you.

So now I know!! Gotta get my butt under 200 and I should be good to go!!

PS, Congrats Juli and Baby on your friendship. That is really wonderful!