Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roller Coasters!!!

So Babygrl1234 and I met on the bycyling thread here on LBT. She was banded a month before me. We've become friends and have gotten together a few times in the last year. Our little girls like each other.

Well between her house in Michigan and my house in Ohio is Cedar Point amusement park. We met there yesterday, just the two of us and spend the day riding ROLLER COASTERS because, well, we could.

And drumroll please...................WE FIT!!!

The inital panic, "I think I'm too big."

"No, you're fine, but I'm scare I might be."

"We both weigh less than 200 pounds, it said on-line, 200 was the max weight for females."

"I know but my image of myself is distorted."

You see I didn't put who said what because it could have been either of us at one point because we had the conversation a few times before it really sank in.

But every ride, every seat worked! We walked around for 10 hours too.

Good times. And how about two thumbs up to turning virtual friends into genuine friends. Thanks LBT.

That is wonderful. The friendship and the rollercoasters! I met my DH online on a non-dating website. You gotta love the internet. Congrats on both of your weightloss too. Can't wait to be a bandster and to get under 200.

That's great! I can't wait until I'm under 200 lbs. Maybe I will get to ride some roller coasters for a change! Congrats on the friendship too. I have a really good friend here on LBT too (I think she's my long lost sister, lol). I hope we have the opportunity to meet some day.

Congrats on your success! You and babygrl have done phenomenal!

Ohhhhhhh, I'm so jealous! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!! (But I know I have too.)

Awesome!!!

I went to Six Flags this past week myself. I fit in and felt safe on EVERY roller coaster! We spent 7 hours on our feet in the hot sun. It was very liberating.

We even went to a Water park the following day. *gasp* a whole day on rides, IN A BATHING SUIT :(

It was so much fun! There was a ride that was 2 people to a raft. Max weight 400lbs. Smallest person in the front. Me and my boyfriend only total 340lbs and *I* was in the front :)

I feel like I'm living a whole new life!!

These type of threads inspire me so much!! Thank you for sharing this. You guys rock!!!

Juli congratulations - I know just how you feel - isn't it wonderful!! Just this week I went tubing with my teenagers and it was great. I never thought I'd be in public in a bathing suit. Another one for me was last month when I took a trip and the seatbelt on the airplane fit with plenty of excess, no more extenders for me ever again. I'm now planning an amusement park/water park trip for the end of summer and can't wait. I told my teenagers that I've never been down a waterslide in my life so that's next on my list.

I love my band!

An absolute inspiration, on a day when I needed inspiring. It is so wonderful to read of your successes. The band does work. Bless all of you!!!

Your story is an inspiration to me. I went to Cedar Point 2 years ago with some of my girlfriends and I squeezed into every coaster with barely enough room to breathe. Then we went to ride Top Thrill Dragster. I am a rollercoaster NUT and couldn't wait to get on. While waiting they were having trouble getting this bigger lady out of the seat. She had just rode and the shoulder bar needed to be pushed down to unlock and come open. They had two people pushing as hard as they could to unlock her. I felt so bad for her and was thinking "Im so glad I am not that big...that would be embarrassing" and then I got into the seat. I could not get the shoulder bar to lock! I couldn't ride! I was too fat to ride. My girlfriends were sad for me and I told them to go ahead. I wanted to cry. You would have thought that would have been my turning point, but after two more years of yo-yo dieting I have made a committment and by next year I WILL be riding coasters again...look for me in the front seat!

Congrats on all your success!!!:)

Congratulations on the roller coasters! I haven't gotten on a coaster in at least 5 years, oh the dreaded walk of shame!:) I refuse to put myself through it. I am looking forward to riding the coasters again because I do love them. I am also looking forward to proving to myself that I can! Thanks for the inspiration and the extra kick in the pants to keep working on me!

Congrats gals! I love roller coasters too and can't wait to get to an amusement park myself.

I met my long lost sister on here too and we're hoping to get together in the fall!

Hi Everyone! My name is Mary

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how it felt when you were on the rollar coaster. Did it hurt your band or your stomach at all?

I am going to Cedar Point Amusement Park next month and I LOVE the roller coasters! I just can't get this image out of my head of my stomach coming up through my band or my band slipping because of the g-force or whatever it's called. My doctor laughed and said I will be fine but still........I am not crazy......really! LOL:lol:

I would appreciate any input!

Hi Mary,

I just got back from vacation on Monday. We went to Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin. I rode all of the rollercoasters without any problems. I haven't read any complaints as of yet on here, so I say go for it!

Edited by AngelaW