Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have restriction but not loosing

Hey guys!!

So i have about 3..6 cc on my 4.0 band, and i am doing really good restriction wise:thumbup:. however i have not lost weight in a while:thumbdown:. i eat about 1200 calories per day and exercise 5 days a week. i drink tons of Water and watch everything i put in my mouth. I plateau for about 3 weeks, then lost 5 lb, and now i am back to not loosing again. any suggestions on how to start loosing weight again.:)

thanks

I think it would help if you gave us more info like -- how long have you banded? What is your current BMI? How much total have you lost so far? What type of exercise are you doing? How long have you been following 1200 cal and doing your current level of exercise? What are you eating for your BMI. What is your approximate age? Are you male or female? All of these things can be clues. It could be a combo of things. Are you getting ENOUGH calories? Are you getting enough Protein? Many times people start losing when they INCREASE calories or protein-----especially if they are working out a lot. Do you feel tired?

How long has it been since you have lost anything? I'm definitely finding that all of our bodies are different. I recently gained a few pounds even though I was doing everything right. The last month has been up and down. Sometimes I think our bodies go through an adjustment period. Our job is to just stay focused on eating the right way and exercising and not fall into old habits.

I think it would help if you gave us more info like -- how long have you banded? What is your current BMI? How much total have you lost so far? What type of exercise are you doing? How long have you been following 1200 cal and doing your current level of exercise? What are you eating for your BMI. What is your approximate age? Are you male or female? All of these things can be clues. It could be a combo of things. Are you getting ENOUGH calories? Are you getting enough Protein? Many times people start losing when they INCREASE calories or protein-----especially if they are working out a lot. Do you feel tired?

RugmanForever,

I totally agree with you. I just had my surgery on June 30th and have not been taking in what I should be due to discomfort or lack of interest. I have only lost 2.6 lbs since my surgery day and I attribute this to not taking in enough calories. I have been stuck at the same exact weight for 3-4 days even though I am taking in less than 1000 calories and have increased my activity a little bit ( well as much as allowed). At first I thought maybe I was taking in too much, but the reverse is the case, I am sure of it. Some people think in order to lose weight you have to take in very little, but that is not so. If you don't have enough calories you kill your metabolism and teach it to function on less calories; the dreaded starvation mode.

So I started this morning trying to get more in so that I can start losing. Every now and then, you have to change things up a bit, otherwise your body will get bored, thus a plateau. I am not saying to be bad and eat junk you shouldn't, but if you keep eating the same old thing, day after day, nothing changes. Try adding more calories to your diet, but do it at different times each day, so your body doesn't get stuck in a routine and especially if you are exercising more. If not your body will turn your muscle tissue into usuable fuel instead of the fat you want to lose.

Good luck to everyone.

Stephanie

yes i agree i had my surgery june 30th also so did my friend while ive been losing my friend hasnt because shes not drinking enough when i had my surgery i was 248 when i came home i weighed 254 now one week later i weigh 243.2

smarquezrn and maguirre67 --Congrats on your bands. A word of caution though---make SURE you follow your MDs post surg instructions. I know exactly what you means about feeling low energy. It is a combination of low calories and the effects of being under BUT the low calories and light meals you are suppose to be eating right now were not prescribed to you so you could lose weight. You were given that diet so your stomach muscles would not move around much (via digestion activities). Don't put stimulants in your stomach -- like coffee. Stay with light meals/foods as instructed by your MDs. There are sutures along the back wall of your stomach folding the stomach into a flap to hold the band in place. Your ports have also been anchored into an abdominal muscle. That all has to really heal up very firmly or you could end up with: 1) a hernia in the future OR 2) band slippage in the near future. That can happen if you put excessive pressure/weight/activity on those healing areas. After they heal well you will be all set to do anything. In addition, don't feel too worried about not losing right away. A lot of that has to do with Water retention and internal inflammation from the surg. Give it more time - as your body gets over the trauma it has just been put through -- the weight will dramatically drop off in a few days.

Thanks RugmanForever for your words. Your explaination makes sense. I can feel that subtle tug at my abdomen when I try to sit up in a hurry to get out of bed or when I am sitting straight for too long or walking too much.

My fiance asks me everyday how I am feeling and it is hard to explain to him. I told him it is almost lke being pregnant and feeling the baby's knee, foot, or some part in your side. That is the only thing I could really compare the feeling to, LOL!!!!! Of course, he didn't understand. I tried to explain by using excessive sit ups cramping, but since he is so skinny, he wouldn't know about that feeling either. Oh well.

maguirre67,

Hey band buddy!! glad you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Stephanie