Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:thumbup::tt2::lol::tt2::tt1::tt2::thumbup::tt2::thumbup: I made you look! :smile2::tt2::crying::tt2::blush::tt2:

Hi Girlies!

What are you eating on the Fourth of July? How has being banded impacted your holiday cookout?

I'm from the dirty south so you know it's always about food and more food. But to tell the truth-I really don't feel like washing the smell of grill smoke out of my hair!

I haven't been banded yet but i still would rather eat sushi and sip plum wine. It's hot in Alabama and I have spent too many meals sweating and eating:cursing: lmao

Holla!

PS Thanks skinnyoneday

Edited by Apple8<)

Don't laugh :thumbup: I had a boca burger for the 4th. I am not banded yet but I am eating a healthier diet since making the decision to get banded. I have cut down on carbs and sugar. It has been hard but the scale is moving in the right direction.

Hey Ladies!

Hot here in Carolina. I cooled it with a lean beef burger and slaw... bandster size of course. I was very satisfied.

Tammygirl

We had crab legs along with out steaks. Something special that I can eat without problems. They were great!

...I'm washing grill smoke out of my hair.

I really did not do too bad, I had some steak and about a tablespoon of a couple of side items. It was just too hot to eat much else:cursing:

I am so proud of everyone who ate healthy (Boca Burger you win the crown)

:thumbup:

I feel you on the Southern food eating. Luckily, I'm the cook of the family. My mom is the baker. Since I don't have any fill restriction yet, I've started following a low carb plan to control my hunger. So...we had grilled meat (bbq sauce on the side), my family's favorite seven layer salad (with sugar substitute), baked Beans, corn on the cob, deviled eggs. I nixed the mac and cheese, potato salad, and yeast rolls (I couldn't cook those for others and not shove them down my throat!) We never really have Desserts unless it's thanksgiving or Christmas, so my mom didn't do any baking.

I only ate the meat, salad, and deviled eggs. Very satisfying. I will admit that in the store I walked past the fresh strawberry shortcakes in the bakery several times. Actually, at one point I think I may have circled the table. :-) I didn't buy one, though! Damn I wish I had good restriction. I could have had a little bit of cake!

I'm definitely in Bandster's Hell!

It sounds like u made some really good choices msnika. I am still awaiting ins.approval and my dr. Told me not to lose any weight yet ( bmi 40 no comorbidities) so I am prone to make a bad choice or two!

Hello Ladies, :frown:

My 4th was great, it was my son's b-day so you know what that's all about cake and ice cream :thumbup:, but 4 some reason i could not eat at all that day. The band does me like that some times. :biggrin: I just drunk my slimfst and had a pool party. Which means lots of calories burned. :rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:So how is everyone ??? Good luck ladies.

For the 4th I enjoyed myself...in small portions of course! Since beef and chicken have the highest amounts of Protein on our menu...I had a tiny piece of brisket, some bites of chicken breast, all beef hot dogs (no Buns of course just BBQ sauce). A couple of spoons of macaroni over the weekend also. I had a small piece of chocolate cake which didn't taste as good as I remembered which is weird....I figured I would have gained weight over the holiday but I lost about 2lbs! I made sure to eat on time, eat high protein, low carbs, and stay hydrated. It was hard not drinking ice cold Coca-Cola Classic (was always my favorite) but I'm getting used to it since I haven't had soda since May 1, 2008 (yes I remember the day hah!) You can balance your day by eating a little more during 1 meal and a little less during another. Never starve yourself, just make sure to get that high protein low fat/sugar if possible!

I'm on my preop diet so I had my usual slim fast and Soup throughout the day. I didn't go anywhere but let me tell you i have been craving the mcdonalds angus burger for the longest and the smell of the burgers on the grill was driving me crazy.

I'm not banded yet, but am trying to do better with my food choices. I'm the DC area which may not be the south but we cook just as much...lol. Since I had people over I didn't get to relax as much playing hostess, but I had the usual a grilled hot dog and burger. I have not tried the boca burgers yet, How are they?

I want to thank you again for starting this forum I think it will help us all out a lot...having the support.

Hi everyone:

Happy everyone had a successful 4th of July, one of the many great eating holidays. I have not been banded yet, but chose not to go to accept any of the invitations to go to eat.

We just had a quiet day at home and I grilled some chicken and had some salad. My son worked (he owns a store) and my husband was okay with not going anywhere because it was very hot and we stayed in the air conditioned house.

My family is from the South so I have all the great eating traditions that I will have to overcome.

Anne from Pasadena, Ca :biggrin: