Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Shamrockgirl30 Good job on the weight loss!!! I started pre-op today. I hope for the same results so far so good. I don't really have hunger yet but I am sure it will come

3 more days.... Im still finding liquid diet hard, so tempted to eat anything, but havent so far. I think this diet is giving me douts cause im missing food im saying to myself "can i realy do this, and do i want to change my life this bad". Im very up and down now last wk i was looking forward to it now i feel like my life will be over. i realy love my food and drink. (hense why im getting the band).

Is anyone else feeling this way.

dont get me wrong i know i have to do it, feeling so shit about myself. I cant even bare to meet new people, if there is a funtion or something on where i dont know people i wont go, i dont want to meet new people and them think "man she is fat". ive only told my fella that but he didnt understand how i could feel like that. Its mad just typing this now is making me feel happy that i am going to do something about it - change it / me.

Cant wait till this is over roll on friday afternoon.

Keisha85- im from dublin so back to ireland for me but il be home at 10pm on sunday night. I should be staying till mon but its bank hol monday here and i want to be home asap after, nothing like ur own bed.... how are u feeling bout it now.

I can understand that, I feel hungry also, did eat a nice little fillet mignon last night with a salad. I was craving meat. Back on track today. Having shakes for BF and lunch. And a chicken veggie stir fry for dinner.< /p>

I want to lose a few more pounds. I thin the difference with the liquid diet now and after surgery may be the key. You can't eat a real meal because of the surgery so I will be easier. As the doctor told me yesterday this is a TOOL and if used right it's an enormous help with weight loss and the weight staying off.

We won't WANT to eat big meals because it hurts and makes us ill.

Good luck.

edel,

i went through exactly what you are going through about 3 weeks ago, on my way back from the pre op check witht he nurse. i was feeling very upset about not being able to eat the foods i enjoy. e.g. choc digestives (my big downfall) but i think i am getting past that, because i have to change my life.

i feel exactly how you feel about meating new people, however, i started my new job (lecturer) 9 months ago and in the end of sept we get another intake, for the new year and they are probably going to be sitting there judging me, but we can sand up tall and think the new people wont see us like we were, because even after that short ammount of time, and even it is only a couple of lbs, they wont ever get to see how we are now.

i woke up this morning, completely freaking out, i mst have been dreaming about it, not sure which part, but i think it is all the life changes, because i dreamt about the actually operation the other week and i woke up feeling very relaxed. (i dont normally dream, so my mnd must be going over and over it)

sarah

ps does any one know why we cant click on our tickers to take us to the changing bit, as it is just putting it in the top of an empty page and i need to take 2lbs off mine. figured it out yesterday and i cant remember!!

I had a dream last night I overslept and missed the surgery. Then they told me I had to wait a year to get it. Ugh :thumbup:

Edel!!! You can do this. Let the negative thoughts push you forward. I thought that yesterday on my first day of the pre-op diet that I miss food already but I think being thin might taste better. You can do this. I have so many negative thoughts about what I look like and what must other people think. I have to do this surgery to get me in a better place mentally. I can't continue to self talk hatred towards myself. If I am thin I hope that stops but this is a long journey and just because we lose the weight we will still have to deal with issues. Losing the weight won't solve everything but it will help me get in the right direction. You can do this.

Just out of curiosity: Is it true that younger bandsters are more likely to not need surgery for loose skin?? I heard that younger peoples skin will mold itself back? Or is there a special exercise to be done?

thanks jenbug - this is a real friends helping each other through it site. I do feel my weight is my problem with everything and i think i will need some help with getting over my own problems that everyone has fat or thin.

as for the tickers at the moment they seem to be on the blink but go to ticker factory and set it up - copy the first url thing then on this site edit ur profile - edit signiture - paste on the large page and save it should come up, there is a preview to see.

at the min anytime i go into my edit signiture i get knocked out of the site totaly and ive tried on 2 computers.

I had a dream last night I overslept and missed the surgery. Then they told me I had to wait a year to get it. Ugh :thumbup:

Now, THAT is a nightmare! Good luck on band day!

Ok, just an update. I had to have CT Angiography this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Also, they told me that my heart rate was pretty normal, my ECG looked good, (if they were using that for surgery, I would get the green light), and my blood pressure was great. So, according to that guy, I'm good for surgery. Of course, on Friday, I see my cardio again, and get the results of the Angio and Ultrasound of my heart and veins. I'm thinking worse case scenario, he puts me on a low cholesterol type of plan because of carotid artery plaquing. But we shall see.

I'm down over 14 lbs, feeling good, still waiting for "Flo" to show up and then I'll be on the road to being a bandster! Yeehaa!!!

By the way, I had that new Starbucks Vivanno Protein smoothie with skim milk...the chocolate banana one...and it was good! Someone gave the stats on it, and I think it was good protein, calorie, and carb-wise. Has anybody had one yet?:thumbup:

Ouch! That 21g of Protein is great...but that 44g of carbs (38 net) is nearly my entire days allowance! :eek:That just for the Banana chocolate. The Mango one is even worse, with less protein and even more carbs. Too bad...I was really looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Ouch! That 21g of Protein is great...but that 44g of carbs (38 net) is nearly my entire days allowance! :eek:That just for the Banana chocolate. The Mango one is even worse, with less protein and even more carbs. Too bad...I was really looking forward to it. :wink2:

Maybe that's why I was in the bathroom all morning? I'm guessing the carb amount is due to the banana mostly? Offhand, I don't know how many carbs a banana has in it...And I wonder if the cocoa they use is sugar free. I think this deserves further research. Maybe we can get some kind of substitutions going? SF banana Syrup? Leave the banana out? There simply has to be a way! LOL!

miss understood, regarding the younger people and skin thing. as im a younger person i feel i should put my thoughts in. ive been told that any skin young or old is damaged if it has stretch marks and therefore wont lie complettly flat. but you can do toning exercises 3-4 times a week to help. hope this helps

sarah