Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

New2me, I love my Tanita Body Fat scale, and I've had it for years. It has the metal strips at the spots for your feet, so it measures your weight and body fat %. The directions will explain that the body fat % will fluctuate with the time of day and amount of liquid in your body, but the weight is always accurate. Mine has lasted for so long (knock on wood). I'm tempted to buy another 1 though, just because of all the new cool models that Tanita has put out with even more features. I think I got mine at Sports Authority, but they sell them at quite a few places now, and online will probably be the cheapest. Good luck!

Is anyone tired of Protein Drinks? I am so tired of them. I have so many flavors but I am just tired of them.

Any advice?

I doctor mine with DaVinci SF syrups. It helps a little.

Where do you get those at? Many people talk about them but I never asked.

Has anyone else's weight loss stalled? Mine seems to have stalled. I'm doing C25k, Water aerobics every other day, getting in my liquids, adding Protein, trying to keep my calories between 800-1200 and really, since my initial weight loss the 1st week of surgery, the net loss has been minimal. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged.

Has anyone else's weight loss stalled? Mine seems to have stalled. I'm doing C25k, Water aerobics every other day, getting in my liquids, adding Protein, trying to keep my calories between 800-1200 and really, since my initial weight loss the 1st week of surgery, the net loss has been minimal. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged.

Hi Dionna: I am stalled at exactly where you are, and it seems like the weight comes off quickly for awhile and then plateaus. It's as if you have to work very hard to get to the next weight setpoint. I keep hoping there is going to be another loss coming. I know I'm not eating too much so the loss is inevitable, right?:smile2:

Where do you get those at? Many people talk about them but I never asked.

I bought mine on-line, but I'm with you about being tired of the drinks. I had an appt. with the nutritionist today and when he mentioned making a smoothie, I asked him if I had to drink them. He said as long I had 60 to 70 gr of Protein in another form I did not have to drink the protein drinks. We went over my food diary and we discussed Peanut Butter and the problem I had with bananas. He said he had patients that had the same problem with bananas even w/o a fill. He said I could eat regular peanut butter as a protein as long as I thinned it and put it on or in something. He was happy with my weight loss and diet so far, then asked if I thought I even needed a first fill. I said I wanted to keep my appt. on the 10th with the surgeon and discuss with him whether I should have a fill. I told him some days I was hungry all day and had to restrain myself from eating more. So I guess I'll see on the 10th whether I'll get a fill or not. It scares me to think he may not feel it is necessary.

Urgh! I just typed up a long post about restriction and amy screen did a flip or something and now it's gone! Urgh!!!

I got my first fill last Tuesday and felt no restriction or so I thought. I have noticed in the past couple of days something resembling restriction (meaning my band would feel a bit tight). Anyway, tonight I felt my band work at dinner. I still had a few bites left on my plate when I felt my band tighten up a bit, nothing painful or uncomfortable and not a "stuck" feeling, just a bit of pressure. So I stopped eating and it's been 1 1/2 hours and I'm still feeling quite full if not fuller. It was about 1 1/2 cups of food but in the pre-band days I could have easily eaten double that amount and then 1/2 hour later started snacking until I went to bed. I'm not even the least bit tempted by any kind of snack now. I do have another fill scheduled for next Tuesday and I plan on getting it but this makes me real hopeful that the next fill will be the right amount for a while.

I hear ya! I went thru that a couple of weeks ago. You must be losing inches. You might try going up calories. You body may be stalling because it is starvation mode. I slipped this past weekend and ate cake and mexican food. Now I have gained two lbs. It is so easy to go back to those old ways. Stay Strong! You will see a loss soon.:crying:

I posted on the thread about me having a fill. Now it is 2 weeks later and still no restriction even talked about the self pay. I had to pay $250 and did not get any benefit yet. I can eat anything and have no problems. I even told the doc's office 2 weeks ago that I was starting bad habits again and still I got a small fill and they will not do another one for another 2 weeks. I think if you don't have any restrition for the first couple of weeks they should do another one earlier. I have heard some times you will have restriction later but at 2 weeks I think that is not going to happen. So I am just going along doing old habbits and knowing no difference. I do know that the difference will be coming and can't WAIT! I still have not eaten any sweets in 8 weeks so that is a huge plus! Just wish that I would lose weight from not having those calories!

I posted on the thread about me having a fill. Now it is 2 weeks later and still no restriction even talked about the self pay. I had to pay $250 and did not get any benefit yet. I can eat anything and have no problems. I even told the doc's office 2 weeks ago that I was starting bad habits again and still I got a small fill and they will not do another one for another 2 weeks. I think if you don't have any restrition for the first couple of weeks they should do another one earlier. I have heard some times you will have restriction later but at 2 weeks I think that is not going to happen. So I am just going along doing old habbits and knowing no difference. I do know that the difference will be coming and can't WAIT! I still have not eaten any sweets in 8 weeks so that is a huge plus! Just wish that I would lose weight from not having those calories!

Joiful

Sorry for your struggles and Hope you don't mind too much that a 7/07 bander is popping in to give you a little advice..

Your band is only a tool - it dosen't make your food choices for you. It (the band) is never going to stop you from bad habits. It will control your portions when you have proper restriction - but you can eat around the band even with restriction

I have restriction but if I choose to eat mashed potatoes with tons of butter I could - I can eat chips & dip - Cookies - ice cream - shakes etc my band doesn't really work on these types of food.

This is truly a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating habits - diets don't work - cuz when you go off them - you go back to eating normal - which is what got us fat in the first place..

It takes a while for some to get good restriction but in the mean time you gotta do the work in changing how you eat - if you are hungry eat extra veggies - go for a walk - clean the bathroom - get on the computer come here - your Butterfiles are here for you.

Good Luck !!

Joiful, I don't think even with the "restriction" I "feel" now, it's nearly enough since I don't feel it unless I've eaten about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of food which is WAY more than recommended. I think ideally they want us to eat only 1/2 cup of food at a time so I definitely need another fill. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday's fill. Since it is labor day weekend and we may be going out of town, I'm OK with being able to eat more than is recommended.

Edited by Dionna113

What I'm hearing from sources I trust, is that when we get to solids, we should aim for 3-4 ounces of lean Protein and a half cup of vegetables and or fruit, with maybe a little of a good carb if you still have room. I think that is 3/4 to 1 cup per meal.

(Right now I am still doing about 1/2 cup of soft foods.)

If I hear anything different from my dietician next week, I will let you know.

Orea

Joiful

Sorry for your struggles and Hope you don't mind too much that a 7/07 bander is popping in to give you a little advice..

Your band is only a tool - it dosen't make your food choices for you. It (the band) is never going to stop you from bad habits. It will control your portions when you have proper restriction - but you can eat around the band even with restriction

I have restriction but if I choose to eat mashed potatoes with tons of butter I could - I can eat chips & dip - Cookies - ice cream - shakes etc my band doesn't really work on these types of food.

This is truly a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating habits - diets don't work - cuz when you go off them - you go back to eating normal - which is what got us fat in the first place..

It takes a while for some to get good restriction but in the mean time you gotta do the work in changing how you eat - if you are hungry eat extra veggies - go for a walk - clean the bathroom - get on the computer come here - your Butterfiles are here for you.

Good Luck !!

Great advice!! its good for all of us to remember this.. thanks! :thumbup: