Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Thanks for the info! I need to get myself some! --Orea

Orea,

This is what I found about the spinach dip on the Tostitos website.

Also I was told this is alot better then mayo. I find this makes the tuna or chicken alot moister than mayo so I can eat it alot easier than before.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 tbsp

Servings Per Container: 14

Calories50

Calories from Fat35

Amount Per Serving

Total Fat4 g

Saturated Fat0 g

Trans Fat0 g

Cholesterol<5 mg

Sodium200 mg

Total Carbohydrate2 g

Dietary Fiber<1 g

Sugars<1 g

Protein1 g

Beverly Diane,

My doctor told me I could not have regular Peanut Butter, which was a huge bummer for me! I have found some powered peanut butter that you add Water to. I just add just a little bit more to make it a little runny and it goes down nicely! And the great thing is it only has about 53 calories for 2 tablespoons when regular (even sugar free) peanut butter has between 190 and 210 calories for the same amount 2tablespoons!:rolleyes:

It also help me get a little extra Protein in!:biggrin:

The website I order from is below if anyone is interested.

Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - Home

I was originally scheduled to get a fill today but my doctor's office called me yesterday to say my doctor couldn't do it today but that I could go to the surgery center and they have people there that could do it. Since this was my first fill, I wanted MY doctor to do it so I told them no, I want to see my doctor for my first fill. So now I have to wait until next Tuesday....:rolleyes:

I'm really, really hungry and feel like I have absolutely zero restriction. There isn't any food I can't eat, including bread, rice and Pasta. Nothing bothers me and I still don't know what it's like to be stuck or PB or any of those things. Have any of you been stuck, PB'd or thrown up?

I won't get my first fill until Sept 8 so I'm trying to test foods before then.

Kathy

I get my first fill on the 8th too.

Thanks, all for the responses :rolleyes: I feel better now, and have modified what I've been eating to the softest of the soft foods for now just to be safe. Sorry for taking so long to respond!

You may not have any restriction after a fill either. I still can eat anything and it goes down nicely. It will take time for this to happen. I think of it this way. Having you stomach stapled- you get quicker weight loss but a lot of people gain their weight back. With the band the process may take longer but it is rare that we gain it back because we have a tool that does not allow the stomach to be stretched back. If we are having Portion Control problems we can go get a fill. We just have to weight. I know it seems long and we all want the relief right away. We just have to wait for the bliss to begin and then we are on our way to losing weight and self control.

I'm really, really hungry and feel like I have absolutely zero restriction. There isn't any food I can't eat, including bread, rice and Pasta. Nothing bothers me and I still don't know what it's like to be stuck or PB or any of those things. Have any of you been stuck, PB'd or thrown up?

I go for my first fill on the 20th. I haven't been stuck or PBd either, and don't want to now. The PA at the dr's gave my friend 3 ccs on her first fill. I don't think I want that much. I am full eating less than a cup of food, but I do get hungry around 3 hours later. I am just very afraid to start getting sick from it. So.... I hope just a small fill will help.

Oh, and I have tried eating whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread. It doesn't stick, but I also didn't actually eat a lot of it. Not sure how it would have been if I had eaten a normal amount.

I was originally scheduled to get a fill today but my doctor's office called me yesterday to say my doctor couldn't do it today but that I could go to the surgery center and they have people there that could do it. Since this was my first fill, I wanted MY doctor to do it so I told them no, I want to see my doctor for my first fill. So now I have to wait until next Tuesday....:thumbup:

I ate tuna and crackers the other day.....my chest started hurting....and mucous came up in my mouth. I raised my arms and it went away. I ate too fast and the bites were too big. I didn't think I had restriction either. I get my first fill on the 21st and I can't wait. I have managed to keep my calories to 900-1000, but it is hard.

Sunday Weigh-in... Survey says..... down 2 pounds this week!! Yay!

Now this couldn't make me happier, other than the fact I have no restriction and I know that I eat way too much! I can eat a lot.. I think the only reason I still am losing is because I walk 1 mile 5 days a week. I can wait until I get some fills and will eat less and still walk.. I will really be losing then. I think the key is to get moving. Really I do... and if I can get moving at 340 pounds so can you all! I told my hubby that I am just going to walk until I get to 300 then I will go to the gym. Hope all of you have a great wekk. I have to go or we will be late to Church!

I ate tuna and crackers the other day.....my chest started hurting....and mucous came up in my mouth. I raised my arms and it went away. I ate too fast and the bites were too big. I didn't think I had restriction either. I get my first fill on the 21st and I can't wait. I have managed to keep my calories to 900-1000, but it is hard.

Charlene, I got stuck on whole wheat toast Sat. afternoon. I had a bite in my mouth (too big) when the phone rang. I hurriedly swallowed so I could answer the phone when it happened. My chest hurt like I was having a heart attack. I was running around in circles beating on my chest and raising my arms up and down and the d..... phone kept ringing and ringing. My DH ran in and didn't have a clue except to think I had lost my mind. Finally I started coughing and gathered myself to the nearest disposal. Up it came and most of the pressure was relieved, but I won't be eating toast for a long while. Lesson learned.

Hi everyone -

I'm heading out on my first business trip since I was banded. I'm nervous about what I'll be able to eat and how it will be different from my usual travel "binges". I haven't had a fill yet so I can eat without a problem, but I hope I don't have my first sliming or pb'ing episode.

Kathy

Hi everyone -

I'm heading out on my first business trip since I was banded. I'm nervous about what I'll be able to eat and how it will be different from my usual travel "binges". I haven't had a fill yet so I can eat without a problem, but I hope I don't have my first sliming or pb'ing episode.

Kathy

Your doing great on your weight loss, I have faith in you. You'll do fine.

I got my first fill today! Found out I had an 8cc band and Dr. Spivak gave me 3 ccs. When we did the barium test, the barium paused for what seemed like a millisecond then it shot through like a bullet. He said I probably need more but since this was my first fill, I should wait a couple of weeks to see how I do and then come back if I feel I need it. I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast before being banded and I've had a Protein shake for lunch after being banded and I'm STARVING. Since it is liquids, clearly, they are going straight through so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what whether it's working or not. Just to be on the safe side, the nurse said I should probably just stick to Soups, yogurt and cottage cheese today but that tomorrow I could go back to normal eating (but I may want to avoid chicken for a couple of days).