Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I just want to say that the chicken with the spinach dip is so yummy I like make some each week. Also I have tried it with tuna and it is just as good.

I'm not familiar with the spinach dip. Is it high in fat?

Yeah I have lost a total of 19 pounds as of today. I was at the girly doctor today and they weighed me. The nurse said it was the first time she had someone get on the scale a say yahoo!!!:lol:

To tell you the truth I used to me one of those people who would grown when I saw my weight but not today:shades_smile:

That really does merit a YAHOOOO! :crying: Terrific news!

Orea

Thank you Melanie and Boos02 for your advise. I will try drinking more fluids and see if this helps me.

It can be a head hunger problem. I´ll try watch myself and figure out why it´s only at night that it seems to affect me....

Had my first fil today it was fantastic. No pain. This is the way they did it. You lay on a table and an x-ray machine goes over you and they can see the port. He cleaned the area and then sprayed something really cool on the area to number it. It put in 3.5cc and I didn't feel a thing. It was over and it was so easy!!!

I lost a pound since the last time I was there. They said that was good because most people gain before a fill. So I was relieved. I am very hungry right now, you have to have see through Clear Liquids the rest of the day.

Now they tell me to eat only a cup of food at a time from now on. So I got clear directions on that. I also found out that I have the Realize Band so I am in such a good mood casue of that! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

To me it is not bad at all...especially when compared to using mayo.< /p>

Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip nutrition information - food Labels - DietFacts.com

Orea,

This is what I found about the spinach dip on the Tostitos website.

Also I was told this is alot better then mayo. I find this makes the tuna or chicken alot moister than mayo so I can eat it alot easier than before.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 tbsp

Servings Per Container: 14

Calories50

Calories from Fat35

Amount Per Serving

Total Fat4 g

Saturated Fat0 g

Trans Fat0 g

Cholesterol<5 mg

Sodium200 mg

Total Carbohydrate2 g

Dietary Fiber<1 g

Sugars<1 g

Protein1 g

Thank you Melanie and Boos02 for your advise. I will try drinking more fluids and see if this helps me.

It can be a head hunger problem. I´ll try watch myself and figure out why it´s only at night that it seems to affect me....

Mrs JJ,

I feel like I am having a problem stopping myself from eating in the evenings too. I am not necessarily hungry, but I still want food. At work, I get real busy and time passes and I can get my mind off the food. It is just when I am at home and trying to relax that I want to munch something. I am trying to drink more Water as well but it is hard to 're-train' my brain not to think about food.

I had my first fill two weeks ago tomorrow and I have only lost 2 lbs since then. It is really hard to stick to the healthy stuff when I am not seeing results! :thumbup: The ladies at work (that I have told) all say they see a big difference even though I can't see it on the scale. I have really cut back my portions over the last two days to see if that helps. I am going to keep it up for a week and hope that I see results.

It helps to know I am not alone in this! It is exciting to see how well everyone is doing, I can't wait to see real results!

Thanks for listening!

Jackie :biggrin:

I had my second post-op appt today and was down another 5.3 pounds for 12.9 total now. I go back in 4 weeks and get my first fill then. My doc also took me off of my high blood pressure meds since it has been getting lower and lower and he doesn't want me to have any issues. I see my PCM in 2 weeks so we'll see if it stays down :-)

And, I am on to regular food...YAY!!!

Good Morning Butterflies,

The best meal I have had since going off mushies if fresh peeled tomatoes stuffed with cottage cheese and tuna. :) Yummmm! I still have trouble with some real food, like Peanut Butter, triscuits, and chicken (I only like the white meat.) Still, I am finding plenty of other things to eat. I made the mistake of weighing today and found I had not lost any more, but I had not gained either. Now I am waiting for restriction, impatiently of course!

I am 17 days post-op. At this point in any other diet, with no weight lost and real hunger returning, I would be giving up and letting the ravenous wolf inside me devour all. It is hard, but with the hope of proper restriction dangling before me, I know I can hang on (with teeth gritted.):biggrin: :) Hope all you are doing okay.

Dianne - We seem to be tracking the same in almost every way, except I'm a few days a head of you. Curious, did you peel the Tomato because you couldn't tolerate the skin? I've been sticking mostly to fish, but I'm planning to broaden my menu this weekend. I won't get my first fill until Sept 8 so I'm trying to test foods before then.

Kathy

I was too a big eater in the evenings. What has really saved me is watching movies that i have rented. The reason why there is no food commercials! I remember when I was watching regular TV at the beginning I craved a Big Mac. I hadn't had that in years. Then some one brought it up that there were lots of commercials that were McD's and lots with the Big Mac. So now if I want to watch TV shows I usually record them and fast forward through the commercials. This has saved me big time! I hope this idea helps some people!

After my fill I have no restriction. With self pay at $250 a whop that is going to be lots of money until I get enough. I can't even tell! I just paid $175 for Post OP. I just hope I have the money to keep up with this, but I look at it I am saving on the grocery bill and also not eating out so much! So that pays my monthly payment of having the lap band put in.

sigpic42404_2.gif Here is the Heart for the July Butterflies. I noticed some were missing theirs after I changed my picture in my signature. If you want it just right click and copy, then paste back into your Edit Signature box. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by BeverlyDiane

Mrs JJ,

I had my first fill two weeks ago tomorrow and I have only lost 2 lbs since then. It is really hard to stick to the healthy stuff when I am not seeing results! :)

Thanks for listening!

Jackie :)

Actually, 1-2 pounds a week is perfect. That's what most bandsters can achieve. It may not seem like much to you right now, but in a year that is 50-100 pounds! Done in a healthful manner.

On top of losing weight, we get to cultivate patience, too! :biggrin: (It's a rare and wonderful life skill!):)

Orea

Good Morning Butterflies,

The best meal I have had since going off mushies if fresh peeled tomatoes stuffed with cottage cheese and tuna. :) Yummmm! I still have trouble with some real food, like Peanut Butter, triscuits, and chicken (I only like the white meat.) Still, I am finding plenty of other things to eat. I made the mistake of weighing today and found I had not lost any more, but I had not gained either. Now I am waiting for restriction, impatiently of course!

I am 17 days post-op. At this point in any other diet, with no weight lost and real hunger returning, I would be giving up and letting the ravenous wolf inside me devour all. It is hard, but with the hope of proper restriction dangling before me, I know I can hang on (with teeth gritted.):biggrin: :) Hope all you are doing okay.

The first six weeks are really about healing, not losing. Hang in there! Even if you gain a few pounds, it won't be permanent, it won't be a failure on your part, and it won't be the end of the world.

We're back to needing patience! This isn't as fast a trip as bypass, but it is far safer.

Speaking of which, my 25 year old son was here briefly, and this morning he said, "This is going to sound funny, but thank you to you and Dad for being alive! The father of a friend of mine just died of a heart attack."

So, let's all remember not to take it for granted that we are alive and kicking...and getting healthier every day. :)

Hugs,

Orea